Unimpressive TUF Showing Redeemed in UFC

Considering Frankie Edgar got cut from TUF, he has done fairly well for himself.

Florian made it to the finals, but lets be honest he looked like shit. Just a skinny dude with sharp elbows who got dominated in the finals with ease.

His improvements from what he was like on TUF to being a multiple time title contender putting up competitive fights with Penn and Aldo was pretty amazing.

this is the best answer. I thought he was just some bum who was lucky that he didn't have to fight anybody until the very end. he took a beating from leben (like a champ) and caught him with a fluke elbow that cut him. and then he was beaten by diego in one of the biggest one-sided fights in ufc history (the male version of pena-rackozy).

he showed me just how wrong I was once he hit the UFC. those two streaks he had leading up to his title fights against sherk and bj were just amazing. I wish he could've fought diego at LW because I was very sure he would win.

also, Cruickshank is a good choice. he showed a lot of potential but was KO'd (out cold) so I wrote him off. zak Cummings has impressed me since TUF. even in his fight against Dylan on the show, he seemed pretty solid. but he was overshadowed by many.

meathead also belongs in this discussion. costas phillipou was tapped out in a prelim fight for tuf 11 (?) Pablo Garza was written off after losing his prelim fight to Michael Johnson....

Last edited:
Ehhh im no sure about Crucishank being that much of a surprise. His fights in KOC were something of legend and his only loss that most considered bad was to Bobby Green. He has legit wrestling background and his parents are well renown for their striking(they obviously taught him well).

He won his fight to get into the house in great fashion. His loss to James Vick was purely because he didnt respect him at all(I know this one on good sources). If they were to fight again, that fight end by KO for DC.

Kid has always been talented and showed flashes of excitment. He just doesnt game plan all that well(I believe because he refuses to turn his back on his home town and his homies and go to a big time gym like tristar which has invited him).

Koschek and florian got better and did better than i thought. Forrest Griffin,despite winning the show,didnt look that good in any of his fights. His fight with karalexis he was getting beat on,till he got some gnp and the alex just pretty much quit soon as he got hurt. Sam hoger beat his ass the first round and just gassed.

so its amazing the guy became champ.kudos to hard work and dedication

florians fight with gomi was amazing performance. if you watched gomi at the time that tuf happened you would never dream of the fight being like that

Koschek and florian got better and did better than i thought. Forrest Griffin,despite winning the show,didnt look that good in any of his fights. His fight with karalexis he was getting beat on,till he got some gnp and the alex just pretty much quit soon as he got hurt. Sam hoger beat his ass the first round and just gassed.

so its amazing the guy became champ.kudos to hard work and dedication

I think you mean Alex Schoenauer

Good one. I can't believe I've actually become such a big fan of his following TUF. I love his style, even though I feel like throughout his entire fights he is on the verge of getting KO'd, but still highly entertaining.

I'm in the same boat .
I hated alex on the show and didn't think he would get one bout after the show now I love his style and can't believe how well, he has done .

Swick before the medical condition, though he was fighting at 205.

I think Florian improved the most since TUF, even though he got to the finals.

Florian made it to the finals, but lets be honest he looked like shit. Just a skinny dude with sharp elbows who got dominated in the finals with ease.

His improvements from what he was like on TUF to being a multiple time title contender putting up competitive fights with Penn and Aldo was pretty amazing.

caman, he was fighting at MW against prime Diego sanchez

Michael Johnson...if he beats Thomson, hes gonna get a #1 contender bout most likely.

It's hard to get a true sense of how good some of these guys are on TUF. They are put in an environment that can be rather hostile and they lose almost their entire support structure. Then they have to fight 3 or 4 times in 6 weeks and make weight every time. They only get 3 days to prepare for each opponent as well.

Didn't Ben Henderson get rejected from that same season?

That was Season 9 and it's a good thing too. The UFC was pretty transparent in its attempt to pump up the Brits that season and Bendo would have likely run through that competition.

MATT BROWN x 1000!

This is who I thought this thread was about.

TUF has uncovered some diamonds in the rough for sure, but it's main purpose (besides fucking up the title picture) still seems to be to build recognition for a chosen ringer at the expense of "entertaining" journeymen and cans.

Back