Unimpressive TUF Showing Redeemed in UFC

NHB7

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Name (and possibly describe reasoning) fighters who had a lackluster performance when they were on The Ultimate Fighter, but have since competing in the UFC redeemed their lackluster performance.

I'll start us off: Daron Cruickshank was not someone I imagined I would ever watch, be impressed by, post about let alone remember after his performance on TUF in which I believe he lost in one of his first fights by KO. But since competing in the UFC, he has an extremely exciting style and has amassed respectable 5 - 2 - 0 record with 3 (T)KO's.

Joe Loazon>?

Tough spelling

I didn't expect Meathead (Matt Mitrione) to even get 1 UFC fight let alone 10 while going 7-3

matt brown ofc....

matt mitrione comes to mind.

I would have to go with Dillashaw. He had this shit dont stink attitude on TUF just to get blasted. Now hes fighting for the strap.

Florian made it to the finals, but lets be honest he looked like shit. Just a skinny dude with sharp elbows who got dominated in the finals with ease.

His improvements from what he was like on TUF to being a multiple time title contender putting up competitive fights with Penn and Aldo was pretty amazing.

Alex Caceres

Good one. I can't believe I've actually become such a big fan of his following TUF. I love his style, even though I feel like throughout his entire fights he is on the verge of getting KO'd, but still highly entertaining.

I thought Diaz got his ass handed to him by manny but then the injury happened and boy did those guys go in different directions

Costas Philippou. Got tapped out by Joseph Henle in his fight to get into the house.

Costas Philippou

legit top 15 fighter now.

Most of the TUF 5 cast. Lauzon, Emerson, Maynard, etc.

Clint Hester had a sweet knock out recently that I didn't expect from him.

Costas Philippou

legit top 15 fighter now.

Costas Philippou. Got tapped out by Joseph Henle in his fight to get into the house.

Didn't realize that.

There are so many guys who were looked over for the casting that later became good but to lose the initial round and still get in the top 15 is cool.

Florian made it to the finals, but lets be honest he looked like shit. Just a skinny dude with sharp elbows who got dominated in the finals with ease.

His improvements from what he was like on TUF to being a multiple time title contender putting up competitive fights with Penn and Aldo was pretty amazing.

Don't forget that to get to the finals Kenny only had to fight once. For some reason Koscheck fought twice before the semis lol

Shoutout to Dennis Bermudez. Was good but not overly impressive in TUF (very few stood out in that season).

Now he's looking like a killer.

Siler. Looks like a geek who lives in a basement, got destroyed by Brand

Back