Economy Unemployment is Putting Businesses Out Business

Correct, and once your additional unemployment is cut off, you will have no more work experience, no more qualifications that would command a higher wage, and a harder time finding anything at all when everyone else who had the same plan all have to run out and find jobs.

The only people who starve to death in this country are children from neglect, and ironically, the neglectful parents are the same type of person who would quit their job to collect a temporary boost in unemployment. I'm pretty confident "starving to death" was not a big concern for people working in a restaurant.

What these people should do is use the opportunity of places having a hard time finding employees to advance their positions with relatively little competition and put themselves in a better position when unemployment runs out and all these people have to scramble for jobs at the same time. Some might call it delayed gratification.
You're talking about fast food employees. Most are unable or unwilling to think past their next hit of crack cocaine.

I honestly feel like we are already a bunch of commie pieces of shit. Enabling all these people in our society to be freeloading drug addicts.

Many problems in our society could be solved by cutting people off. The divorce rate for example could be fixed by cutting single mothers off of welfare.

Correct, and once your additional unemployment is cut off, you will have no more work experience, no more qualifications that would command a higher wage, and a harder time finding anything at all when everyone else who had the same plan all have to run out and find jobs.

The only people who starve to death in this country are children from neglect, and ironically, the neglectful parents are the same type of person who would quit their job to collect a temporary boost in unemployment. I'm pretty confident "starving to death" was not a big concern for people working in a restaurant.

What these people should do is use the opportunity of places having a hard time finding employees to advance their positions with relatively little competition and put themselves in a better position when unemployment runs out and all these people have to scramble for jobs at the same time. Some might call it delayed gratification.

Generally speaking, the types of jobs that pay so little that employees would choose to collect unemployment don't care much about experience. 6 more months of flipping burgers or washing dishes isn't going to give you a leg up on the competition for the countries lowest paying jobs.

And here I thought illegals were taking all the good white folk jobs. I guess if you don’t want to be replaced, stop asking to be replaced.

Generally speaking, the types of jobs that pay so little that employees would choose to collect unemployment don't care much about experience. 6 more months of flipping burgers or washing dishes isn't going to give you a leg up on the competition for the countries lowest paying jobs.
Right, they're entry level jobs, not something you stay at forever. If literally your only qualification is that you exist and have a pulse, maybe stay in the job and get promoted to manager instead of the short term free money and starting back from scratch in 6 months. If you have nothing to offer and no skills, time is the only thing you have to get some promotion and all these people are doing is pushing that back another year.

We have an entire production line sitting idle due to the fact we can't find anyone wanting to work

Yes there are lazy people and it sucks. There's money out there to be made and people don't want to work for it.
But, prior to covid, some jobs were being picky as hell and these were basic ass jobs. Warehouse, retail, grocery etc. Not a lot of skill for these types of jobs. Now I'm speaking for the area I live in. You'd apply for jobs, they give you the run around or contact you months later or not contact you at all. Certain jobs enjoyed the ability to be picky and NOW that they need help people are reluctant to go to work after receiving an increase of unemployment benefits. For companies that played the "run around game" or "we'll call you few months down the road or call you at all" game I have no sympathy.

Right, they're entry level jobs, not something you stay at forever. If literally your only qualification is that you exist and have a pulse, maybe stay in the job and get promoted to manager instead of the short term free money and starting back from scratch in 6 months. If you have nothing to offer and no skills, time is the only thing you have to get some promotion and all these people are doing is pushing that back another year.

Not everyone working in fast food is gunning for management and the retirement package. People generally take jobs like that to narrowly avoid homelessness or starvation. When those are your options, it could be argued that an individual is not working of their own free will, but rather to avoid a potentially disastrous consequence of the decision not to work. If they found a way to make money and keep their time and they qualify for it, I dont see a problem with them making a choice that benefits them most.

Not everyone working in fast food is gunning for management and the retirement package. People generally take jobs like that to narrowly avoid homelessness or starvation. When those are your options, it could be argued that an individual is not working of their own free will, but rather to avoid a potentially disastrous consequence of the decision not to work. If they found a way to make money and keep their time and they qualify for it, I dont see a problem with them making a choice that benefits them most.
There isn't a problem with the people making the decision, it's with people that allow not working to be viable alternative to working.

Unemployment is not supposed to be prosperous, otherwise why would anybody work?

There isn't a problem with the people making the decision, it's with people that allow not working to be viable alternative to working.

Unemployment is not supposed to be prosperous, otherwise why would anybody work?

$300 a week is far from prosperous.

People use to feel a little shame from getting handouts and have pride but that's been deflated with the help of big government and the nanny state approach.

If they want to stay in business they need to adjust their business model. One of those adjustments is payong a livable wage. I dont get why you would be upset about unemployment, but not businesses paying well enough that other government programs arent need to subsidize them.

Yeah fuck that little family owned restaurant on the corner barely getting by. If they can't pay their bus boys six figures and give them premium health insurance then they don't deserve to exist. And fuck the family that owns it, the American dream is not for them.

Yeah fuck that little family owned restaurant on the corner barely getting by. If they can't pay their bus boys six figures and give them premium health insurance then they don't deserve to exist. And fuck the family that owns it, the American dream is not for them.
They can close that restaurant and live prosperously on their unemployment benefits.

Its all kinda fucked up, because of restrictions you basically work just enough hours to disqualify you from unemployment and the extra $300.
They are paying people more to not work, and not giving people many other options. What did they expect?

Back