Economy Unemployment is Putting Businesses Out Business

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Alot of place are having a hard time finding people that want to work cause they are making Too much money on uemployment. The state I live in is finally opening back up but there is still no where to go cause they don't have enough employees.

The Sonic out here has one of these signs now.
mcdstiktok.png

https://www.krqe.com/news/albuquerq...ployees-as-some-want-to-stay-on-unemployment/

Unemployment, unfortunately, right now is fairly lucrative. And people have figured out how to make that work for their lifestyles and so they’re not coming back to work,” Carol Wight, CEO of the New Mexico Restaurant Association, said.

Anecdotally, I’m talking to restaurants every day and they are having, I had one tell me yesterday that he had 26 interviews set up and only two people showed up. And one of them that showed up said he could come to work in September when the unemployments went away.”

Should the Govt stop uemployment now before it gets any worse?

Last edited:
Thats funny. I stopped at Popeyes and wondered why it was closed.... didnt really think about it much except it was odd. I've heard about it a lot but until I actually pulled up to a fast food place that was closed haven't seen it.

Last edited:
Alot of place are having a hard time finding people that want to work cause they are making Too much money on uemployment. The state I live in is finally opening back up but there is still no where to go cause places to go cause they don't have enough employees.

The Sonic out here has one of these signs now.
mcdstiktok.png

https://www.krqe.com/news/albuquerq...ployees-as-some-want-to-stay-on-unemployment/

Should the Govt stop uemployment now before it gets any worse?
They can probably stop the extra money now. But the government doesn't provide the money for unemployment, the employers pay for it. So I say no, it should definitely not be "stopped".

I can't even be mad at anyone who games the system at this point. It's a dog eat dog society, no one is going to look after you except yourself. If you're not the perpetrator, then you're the victim at this point.

This is real talk, met a few who were not looking for work due to them inflating the unemployment, hopefully they learned you cant do that

I was doing work inside of a manufacturing plant today and the main complaint seemed to be that people are trying to get fired so they can just collect government money. The plant can’t deliver anything on time because nobody wants to work. They’re starting people at 15/hr$ in a rural area and they can’t get regular workers.

Maybe those businesses need to think about paying a more competitive wage?
Nah bruw capitalism 4ever. We are modern day slaves just without the whip.
Whining about people getting unemployment money, while people are choosing few bucks from goverment rather than working for their salary. Seems legit. Take your reasonable opinion out of here.

They can probably stop the extra money now. But the government doesn't provide the money for unemployment, the employers pay for it. So I say no, it should definitely not be "stopped".
Employers pay in but the government pays most of it.

If Sonic pays people more than they are getting for unemployment checks, then there would not be a problem.

On the flip side, will this increase the inevitable push for automation at McDonald's?

FWIW, I went to Five Guys this weekend and saw 14 people working behind the counter. Who knows how many working out back. The vast majority of employees were teens. I think for many of them they were happy to be out of the house and earning a paycheck. One of the kids is a student of mine and he was happy with the $14 per hour wage.

If Sonic pays people more than they are getting for unemployment checks, then there would not be a problem.

On the flip side, will this increase the inevitable push for automation at McDonald's?

FWIW, I went to Five Guys this weekend and saw 14 people working behind the counter. Who knows how many working out back. The vast majority of employees were teens. I think for many of them they were happy to be out of the house and earning a paycheck. One of the kids is a student of mine and he was happy with the $14 per hour wage.

Doesnt 5 guys have an open kitchen? The ones around here do at least.

Competitive with free money from trillions of dollars printed out of nothing? Good luck with that.

Most of these people aren't making more money by not working, it's that they can get by without having to work.
:rolleyes:

Instead we should subsidize companys that dont pay a livable wage with government programs so they can pay as little as possible. Most job openings are for lower paying jobs. Why would someone want to work if they are only make a little bit more than unemployment? If the job is paying $15 an hour and you are getting lets say $500 on unemployment, that is basicly giving someone over 30 hours of you week to make 100 extra. The cost benefit for those people simple doesnt justify working.

Of course. The government has some brain damaged people convinced that this is permanent. Man, the looks on their faces when they turn the taps off...

My brother has 30 some employees working for him. When the government announced the $2k a month relief money, about 7-8 of them went to him to ask to be let go so that they could get that money.

Disgusting behavior. Money is there to help those who need, but to quit a secure job to get money to sit on your ass is lazy af.

I can't even be mad at anyone who games the system at this point. It's a dog eat dog society, no one is going to look after you except yourself. If you're not the perpetrator, then you're the victim at this point.
Don't give in. This is what the Democrat Reich wants!

Obama and Biden voters are real smart

:rolleyes:

Instead we should subsidize companys that dont pay a livable wage with government programs so they can pay as little as possible. Most job openings are for lower paying jobs. Why would someone want to work if they are only make a little bit more than unemployment? If the job is paying $15 an hour and you are getting lets say $500 on unemployment, that is basicly giving someone over 30 hours of you week to make 100 extra. The cost benefit for those people simple doesnt justify working.
Correct, and businesses don't have luxury of firing up a money printer in the back office to be able to pay someone 6 figures for pushing buttons on a cash register part time. There is no incentive to work if you can sleep in and play video games all day and still have your bills paid. It just comes at the cost of a devalued currency and business closures, but forcing small businesses to shut down and hollowing out the middle class has been the goal of the democrats for years now.

Back