News Undisputed Proof that MVP beat Lima. Judges got it right

I kno the stalling was there but mvp did good job not getting damage on bottom he held Lima wrist good in 3 rd close fight this is OK …in a 5 rd fight mvp better learn some Jiu hitsu to get the fuck back up he knew it was 3 rd bellator sucks with this 3 rd main event shit I remember Scott Coker saying it can make the fight more exciting cause fighters afraid to gas I have to disagree makes it fuckin retarded Scott Coker did a great job with strike force with bellator he’s done terrible sad to say

After the Amosov fight I wondered if Lima was showing signs of decline, and this fight with MVP confirms it I think. Even a declining Lima seemed to be the better fighter last night I thought, but I guess London brought in the Bisping-Hamill judges for this one ;)
I don't know about that .Lima , still not a complete fighter, decided to go the easiest path in winning. Lima s top game was " ok " and mvp did everything to defend but it just wasn't enough.

The Amosov fight was embarrassing. Lima is a black belt and not to have his guard open in later rounds was inexcusable. He was in a position of comfort so damage couldnt possibly be rained down. I guess he was confident in ko-ing amosov in 5th round after not getting near him for 20 minutes.
He still needs work down there.

I totally get why you would score it for Lima and think 29-28 either way is a valid score.

But this "30-27" Lima narrative has to stop - dude got out-struck and then clearly dropped by an elbow to end the second round. He landed like 3 leg kicks and body-kick for the entire round (only one of which caused significant damage/reaction by making MvP drop to a knee and almost re-creating the fight-ending sequence from the first fight).

If you want to argue that Lima did more work with the GnP then MvP with his flash knockdown and partially landed wheel-kick + upkick in the first-round then that's a solid argument. But "control" literally means nothing unless everything else is equal by definition of the unified rules, so you should maybe reconsider things based on your own misunderstanding of the unified rules. Maybe you think the unified rules are wrong and more scoring value should be given to grappling-control but that's not how the scoring currently works.
I didn't say I scored it that way. It was scored by some that way.

After the Amosov fight I wondered if Lima was showing signs of decline, and this fight with MVP confirms it I think. Even a declining Lima seemed to be the better fighter last night I thought, but I guess London brought in the Bisping-Hamill judges for this one ;)

I didn't think there was any decline in the Yasorslav fight, he's always struggled with that kind of fighter.

I didn't think there was any decline in the Yasorslav fight, he's always struggled with that kind of fighter.
It does make it tougher to judge. Same with the Mousasi fight: Moose is just a bigger, stronger, and better fighter. But Lima has been fighting for 15 years, and is like 40+ fights deep in his career. To me he seems tentative, unwilling to engage, and easily controlled in the clinch and on the ground his last several fights. I don’t think I can consider him at his best anymore, he’s on a downhill slide. But we’ll see I guess.

It does make it tougher to judge. Same with the Mousasi fight: Moose is just a bigger, stronger, and better fighter. But Lima has been fighting for 15 years, and is like 40+ fights deep in his career. To me he seems tentative, unwilling to engage, and easily controlled in the clinch and on the ground his last several fights. I don’t think I can consider him at his best anymore, he’s on a downhill slide. But we’ll see I guess.

He's always been like that in the clinch, it's just a weak point of his game. Ditto his lack of urgency to get up when he gets taken down. I like him, but he never really fixed those holes.

He's always been like that in the clinch, it's just a weak point of his game. Ditto his lack of urgency to get up when he gets taken down. I like him, but he never really fixed those holes.
You consider Lima in his prime right now?

You consider Lima in his prime right now?

I think he's at the tail end of his prime. I don't think that he's suddenly fallen off a cliff and I certainly don't think he's a completely different guy to the one who beat Rory.

I think he's at the tail end of his prime. I don't think that he's suddenly fallen off a cliff and I certainly don't think he's a completely different guy to the one who beat Rory.
Not fallen off a cliff, but steadily beginning to descend down it maybe. I don’t think he’s a completely different guy than the one who beat Rory, but I sure don’t think he’s the same guy. But I guess we’ll see in his next few fights, depending on who he’s booked against.

Not fallen off a cliff, but steadily beginning to descend down it maybe. I don’t think he’s a completely different guy than the one who beat Rory, but I sure don’t think he’s the same guy. But I guess we’ll see in his next few fights, depending on who he’s booked against.

I'm just kind of interested as to what people think he's doing differently really. To me his last three opponents have just planned well for him. Mousasi crammed him against the cage so he couldn't get the leg kicks off on him to work behind, Amosov kept taking him down and MVP is hard to hit with that style of offence because he's in and out so much.

I reckon if you book him against someone like Neiman he'd suddenly look good again.

They found a way to set up a rubber match.

wow color me shocked

Lima is definitely starting to regress with both confidence and out-put. Still insanely skilled and tough as they come, but against the elite seems hesitant to pull the trigger or pressure opponents.

He’s been in the game forever so maybe just all the training/fights/injuries starting to slow him down noticeably.

I completely agree with you mate.

Lima took 1 and 3, the striking was very even but he had good top control time and MVP looked beaten on the bottom, waiting for the ref to stand you up when you're getting smashed in the face with elbows isn't a good look.

Really not a fan of MVP. He styles on cans and then when he fights a quality opponent (Daley, Lima x2) he dances around like a pillock
I do like MVP a lot, anyone doing things out of the ordinary and brining an unorthodox style to mma is good by me.. but yeah those strikes he was taking on the ground definitely weren't nothing, hr got lucky imo.

Well, if random YTer said so...

Clear 29-28 to MVP for me. mvP rounds 1 and 3. Lima did nothing in round one on top. MVP knocking him down several times

That’s not how the rules of judging are written. Damage or impact is weighed more heavily than top position. The man on top needs to inflict impactful stiles or submissions in order to take the round.

NOTE: "Impact" is the substitute for "damage." The definition is meant to train judges' attention towards effectiveness over things like flashiness or top control without any damage.

Effective Striking/Grappling

“Legal blows that have immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute towards the end of the match with the IMMEDIATE weighing in more heavily than the cumulative impact.

Successful execution of takedowns, submission attempts, reversals and the achievement of advantageous positions that produce immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute to the end of the match, with the IMMEDIATE weighing more heavily than the cumulative impact.”

It shall be noted that a successful takedown is not merely a changing of position, but the establishment of an attack from the use of the takedown.

Top and bottom position fighters are assessed more on the impactful/effective result of their actions, more so than their position.

This criterion will be the deciding factor in a high majority of decisions when scoring a round. The next two criteria must be treated as a backup and used ONLY when Effective Striking/Grappling is 100% equal for the round.

Thanks for proving my point. It was very effective takedown allowing control and ground and pound. MVP couldn't get up either making the takedown very impactful. If mvp got up right away, those takedowns would have meant nothing.

Just watched fight for a 3rd time( wish I didnt). This is just laughable. T.s video is so misguided that I have to pinch myself. MVP landed ONE clean punch that knocked Lima down but didnt hurt him. Lima gets takedown, moves pages body and head into cage and stacks him up. He then smashes page with 4-5 shots followed by a short elbow . Right there, the round is 1000% in Lima s favor( without passing guard,). He rides out round - trying to do more - but page holding on to wrists for dear life.

If MVP doesnt catch Lima with 46 seconds left in 2nd round , he loses that round too. He sent Lima to the ground so that was enough in a tight round.

Lima wins that fight anywhere on the globe except London- apparently.

I see people with posts Mvp 29- 28, clearly.

Some of you are either nuts or page fans( which I can forgive).

LMAO, nobody needs to read the unified rules to score that fight.

Lol- u all are crazy ..... especially the tool from your vid. Lol- this guy went out of his way to look at 1.5 non damaging blows to offset Lima dragging him down and offering up enough ground n pound to easily secure round. I understand Lima didnt exactly punch a hole through mvps face but he rained down enough ( with page grasping at wrists) over enough time to EASILY secure round.
It's not like Lima pulled a Rachel Lovato. This was a fight easily to score - a bad fight albeit- but easy to score.

Douglas , absolutely, got the shit end of the stick in MVP s backyard. I really dont see it any other way..... and I like both fighters.
Lol lima did nothing on the ground besides sit in mvps guard with his wrists tied up. He landed a few clean punches that did nothing to indicate mvp was in trouble. Where mvp actually wobbled and droped lima twice. The wrestling bias is so unreal lol

Back