News Undisputed Proof that MVP beat Lima. Judges got it right

Weasle has always been very bias on strikes without talking about the effective grappling. If someone is smothering you a big portion of the round, if the strikes are almost even, go check the grappling. Both are weighed the same.

I'm glad MVP won because it sets up more interesting fights in the future, and Lima is kind of played out now unfortunately. But personally I gave Lima 1 & 3. I don't buy that stuff about the ground strikes counting for nothing.

It was very frustrating that MVP accepted bottom position for long stretches, that's really what he needs to improve on if he's going to be mixing it with the top guys now, he's very lucky that didn't cost him the win.

I'm glad MVP won because it sets up more interesting fights in the future, and Lima is kind of played out now unfortunately. But personally I gave Lima 1 & 3. I don't buy that stuff about the ground strikes counting for nothing.

It was very frustrating that MVP accepted bottom position for long stretches, that's really what he needs to improve on if he's going to be mixing it with the top guys now, he's very lucky that didn't cost him the win.

I completely agree with you mate.

Lima took 1 and 3, the striking was very even but he had good top control time and MVP looked beaten on the bottom, waiting for the ref to stand you up when you're getting smashed in the face with elbows isn't a good look.

Really not a fan of MVP. He styles on cans and then when he fights a quality opponent (Daley, Lima x2) he dances around like a pillock

Had Lima winning but I’m not upset because he didn’t do much with his takedowns. He “controlled” first round more though and very little damage was done throughout the fight, so the fighter controlling the round should have won. Then again, he did nothing with it so it was his mistake not being more aggressive to clearly win the round. MVP is a can crusher but at the same time a decent fighter. Terrible fight though, I much more enjoy watching MVP beating cans.

Not counting for nothing, but just not really super significant. Not hard blows.

Damage ?
Thought Lima was busy " enough" in first round to trump " that kind of damage ".
This breakdown is subjective and optic from one man's eyes.Page also clutching Lima's wrists.
Thought fight was fairly easy to score.I was surprised.Amosov rag dolls mvp. I still dont know what Lima was doing in later rounds of his title loss.

I think it was the right result in a fckin disappointing fight. Mvp won the stand up, but there wasn’t much output from either guy over the fight. It was mostly page feinting and Lima stalking. Lima had the takedowns but did little more than control position.

Weasle has always been very bias on strikes without talking about the effective grappling. If someone is smothering you a big portion of the round, if the strikes are almost even, go check the grappling. Both are weighed the same.

That’s not how the rules of judging are written. Damage or impact is weighed more heavily than top position. The man on top needs to inflict impactful stiles or submissions in order to take the round.

NOTE: "Impact" is the substitute for "damage." The definition is meant to train judges' attention towards effectiveness over things like flashiness or top control without any damage.

Effective Striking/Grappling

“Legal blows that have immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute towards the end of the match with the IMMEDIATE weighing in more heavily than the cumulative impact.

Successful execution of takedowns, submission attempts, reversals and the achievement of advantageous positions that produce immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute to the end of the match, with the IMMEDIATE weighing more heavily than the cumulative impact.”

It shall be noted that a successful takedown is not merely a changing of position, but the establishment of an attack from the use of the takedown.

Top and bottom position fighters are assessed more on the impactful/effective result of their actions, more so than their position.

This criterion will be the deciding factor in a high majority of decisions when scoring a round. The next two criteria must be treated as a backup and used ONLY when Effective Striking/Grappling is 100% equal for the round.

That’s not how the rules of judging are written. Damage or impact is weighed more heavily than top position. The man on top needs to inflict impactful stiles or submissions in order to take the round.

NOTE: "Impact" is the substitute for "damage." The definition is meant to train judges' attention towards effectiveness over things like flashiness or top control without any damage.

Effective Striking/Grappling

“Legal blows that have immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute towards the end of the match with the IMMEDIATE weighing in more heavily than the cumulative impact.

Successful execution of takedowns, submission attempts, reversals and the achievement of advantageous positions that produce immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute to the end of the match, with the IMMEDIATE weighing more heavily than the cumulative impact.”

It shall be noted that a successful takedown is not merely a changing of position, but the establishment of an attack from the use of the takedown.

Top and bottom position fighters are assessed more on the impactful/effective result of their actions, more so than their position.

This criterion will be the deciding factor in a high majority of decisions when scoring a round. The next two criteria must be treated as a backup and used ONLY when Effective Striking/Grappling is 100% equal for the round.
Lol- u all are crazy ..... especially the tool from your vid. Lol- this guy went out of his way to look at 1.5 non damaging blows to offset Lima dragging him down and offering up enough ground n pound to easily secure round. I understand Lima didnt exactly punch a hole through mvps face but he rained down enough ( with page grasping at wrists) over enough time to EASILY secure round.
It's not like Lima pulled a Rachel Lovato. This was a fight easily to score - a bad fight albeit- but easy to score.

Douglas , absolutely, got the shit end of the stick in MVP s backyard. I really dont see it any other way..... and I like both fighters.

Lol- u all are crazy ..... especially the tool from your vid. Lol- this guy went out of his way to look at 1.5 non damaging blows to offset Lima dragging him down and offering up enough ground n pound to easily secure round. I understand Lima didnt exactly punch a hole through mvps face but he rained down enough ( with page grasping at wrists) over enough time to EASILY secure round.
It's not like Lima pulled a Rachel Lovato. This was a fight easily to score - a bad fight albeit- but easy to score.

Douglas , absolutely, got the shit end of the stick in MVP s backyard. I really dont see it any other way..... and I like both fighters.

First round is a toss-up round, depends on how effective you think Lima was with his ground and pound comparatively to him getting dropped with a flash knockdown and slightly out-struck standing.

One guy clearly won the stand-up without dominating for half the round and the other guy clearly won the ground without dominating for half the round.

The only thing "clear" is that the first round is tough as fuck to score.

I thought it was a bit of home cooking from the judges as well. Competitive fight, but I didn’t find it tough to score when I watched it. I gave MVP round 1, and Lima rounds 2 and 3. I see that all 3 judges gave round 2 to MVP? Not sure about that. I thought it was clear 29-28 Lima.

First round is a toss-up round, depends on how effective you think Lima was with his ground and pound comparatively to him getting dropped with a flash knockdown and slightly out-struck standing.

One guy clearly won the stand-up without dominating for half the round and the other guy clearly won the ground without dominating for half the round.

The only thing "clear" is that the first round is tough as fuck to score.
I , respectively, disagree. I'm not handing mvp that round under any circumstance or this misguided interpretation of the unified rules . ??

...but, thsts me

I thought it was a bit of home cooking from the judges as well. Competitive fight, but I didn’t find it tough to score when I watched it. I gave MVP round 1, and Lima rounds 2 and 3. I see that all 3 judges gave round 2 to MVP? Not sure about that. I thought it was clear 29-28 Lima.
Exactly.... and I didn't even go to the fact that some people had Lima winning all 3 rounds. That's the only debatable thing I see here which speaks volumes.

Under the circumstances, this is such a bad "L" for Lima .That's 3 in a row ( which has nothing to do with the scoring ...... just a horrible reality for Doug).

He got the shit end of the stick on top of the shit end of the stick.

Oh well...

Exactly.... and I didn't even go to the fact that some people had Lima winning all 3 rounds. That's the only debatable thing I see here which speaks volumes.

Under the circumstances, this is such a bad "L" for Lima .That's 3 in a row ( which has nothing to do with the scoring ...... just a horrible reality for Doug).

He got the shit end of the stick on top of the shit end of the stick.

Oh well...
After the Amosov fight I wondered if Lima was showing signs of decline, and this fight with MVP confirms it I think. Even a declining Lima seemed to be the better fighter last night I thought, but I guess London brought in the Bisping-Hamill judges for this one ;)

I , respectively, disagree. I'm not handing mvp that round under any circumstance or this misguided interpretation of the unified rules . ??

...but, thsts me

I totally get why you would score it for Lima and think 29-28 either way is a valid score.

But this "30-27" Lima narrative has to stop - dude got out-struck and then clearly dropped by an elbow to end the second round. He landed like 3 leg kicks and body-kick for the entire round (only one of which caused significant damage/reaction by making MvP drop to a knee and almost re-creating the fight-ending sequence from the first fight).

If you want to argue that Lima did more work with the GnP then MvP with his flash knockdown and partially landed wheel-kick + upkick in the first-round then that's a solid argument. But "control" literally means nothing unless everything else is equal by definition of the unified rules, so you should maybe reconsider things based on your own misunderstanding of the unified rules. Maybe you think the unified rules are wrong and more scoring value should be given to grappling-control but that's not how the scoring currently works.

Back