Underrated: Luke Rockhold has never been knocked out

Can't touch the second amendment son
hi-res-7580756_crop_north.jpg

That's a good point about Schwab tho
giphy.gif

and
giphy.gif

you actually believe that his chin is ok just because he hasn't had any lights out KOs?
Luke Rockhold is probably done as a fighter, he even says himself that he may never fight again. and that would probably be a wise decision.
Wise decision indeed. I think his chin is probably average. Every shot that has leveled him would take down or take out a lot of people. I think there's exceptional chins out there (Rampage, prime Chuck, prime Hunt, prime Leben, etc) but I think a lot of MMA fighters are more lacking in defense than chin.

In retrospect - the Blachowicz KO is beautiful in slo-mo

I agree OP. People talk shit about Rockhold's chin, yet he can't even get KO'd. Granted Rockhold was just outside of the shadow realm looking in but still was no KO'd. He really does have an amazing chin, but not how you would want it in MMA.

Left hooks haunt him. I have a feeling he doesn't even see those punches coming, they surprise him. He might have wrong stance, too much to the left.

He leaves his chine straight up with zero movement and is hit flush every time he goes down, I think whether one thinks his chin bad or not that his defense (lack thereof) plays an enormous part in his losses, far more so than his chin.
No doubt his shite defense and cocky attitude has played a big part in many of his losses including his most recent one, But I also think there is enough evidence in his wins and losses both to conclude he doesn't have the most sturdy chin.

The Branch fight, Bisping loss, and even his
Jan Blachowicz fight among a few others.

Jan hadn't had a KO since 2010, and hadn't got a TKO since 2014. I could say the same about BIsping, the last time he sparked someone unconscious was almost 15 years ago!

When you get KO'd by a flailing lunging Bisping "strait" your chin must be called into question, regardless of his defense, Luke hasn't shown the ability to absorb punches well imo. He never fully recovered from the Vitor fight.

Not all knock outs cause the eyes, of the person getting knocked out, to be closed TS
But thank you for the gifs of rockhold's knock outs, love em

He was KO-ed, not TKO-ed in all of these.

Just not with one punch/one exchange.
Except that he wasn't. I think the Vitor one he did get KO'd but only for a moment and the follow up punch from Vitor woke him back up. Other than that, none was KOs.

They all plastered him with bombs, but that lhw hook from Jan seemed to really "rattle the ole brain off the inside of the skull" for lack of a better term. Or wait, I think that better term is KTFO ts. BAN TS

I wouldn't say he has "no" head movement, if anything I'd say the problem with Rockhold is that he tries to fight like he's some great kickboxer but simply doesn't have the talent for it. He should be working far more on his wrestling and range, looking to keep fights at long distance then grappling if someone tries to exchange with him. Instead he gets drawn into aggressive boxing matches time after time.

Mid-long distance kicking and grappling are his real strengths.

Should land that wicked body kick more.

Luke's on the other side of the universe at the end of these fights.

<36>

It's amazing there are people agreeing with OP's trolling. You would think the Chael pictures would give it away but I guess not.

He was knocked out in the most gifs you posted.

He 'survives' the intitial shot and gets clean ko'd with the follow-up shots.
Just becaus his eyes aren't closed doesn't mean he isn't out clean.
<mma3>
Back to Reddit with you

Back