Underrated Granite chins?

Rothwell has annoyingly good chin

Jones too

Yeah I know he lost by KO in the end but some of the shots he was taking from Arlovski in their Affliction fight were unholy.

I'm gonna give a shout out to Shane Carwin purely for the JDS fight.

From Kenny "Hands of Stone" Florian?

Edgar KO'd Mendes with punches when Aldo couldn't through 5 rounds (first fight was a KO but that Knee would've stopped anybody)

Point i'm trying to make is Guida showed in other fights he had a good chin and Kenflo hit him with a hard shot. Guida clearly wasn't put out cold either. Silva got rocked by Chael fucking Sonnen but ate some H-bombs.

Rothwell has annoyingly good chin

Jones too

The GOAT Brendan Schaub actually managed to rock him (a few seconds before getting KTFO)
One of the few times I have seen Ben legit rocked

Anthony Pettis by far

Dudes taken bombs and or/beatings from monsters like RDA, Poirier, Max, Tony, Wonderboy, Nate, Barboza, Stephens etc. and has only been TKOd from body shots after a horrific weight cut to 145 where he should've never been and injury/corner stoppages

Last edited:
Rothwell has taken absolute bombs in his career. One of the cleanest left hooks landed was Vera against Rothwell and he barely flinched.

Last edited:
Rampage. He has only been TKOd by Wanderlei Knees x 2, a Shogun soccer kick, and from getting socked by Fedor. His chin has only been cracked by the elite.

2nd page and still no @Ackmed telling us the only answer is Islam.

Come on brother. You’re behind. This is #1 bullshit.

There has been soo much fan buzz lately on Sherdog regarding Islamic Makhachev so it's been hard to keep up :D

Carlos Condit. That guy could really take a shot and keep on trucking.

Nick Diaz, Jon Jones, big Nog (not his zombie version), moose, Connor, Anderson Silva (pre USADA), Romero, rampage, Gomi & penn when younger.

Adding more love for Carlos Condit, that dude has taken some brutal shots. Hope he can get another win before he calls it quits.

Rampage. He has only been TKOd by Wanderlei Knees x 2, a Shogun soccer kick, and from getting socked by Fedor. His chin has only been cracked by the elite.

Rampage does have one of the best chins ever.

I’d also say Vovchanchyn has an underrated chin.

Sure, he got KO’ed by the best highkick Mirko said he ever threw, but that man was never wobbled by anything else. I still remember him walking through Goodridge’s shots like they were candy.

Everybody knows about the Nelson's, Hunt's, Hendo's chins but what are some chins nobody talks about that are absolute iron?

GSP - The guy went down against Serra but Serra hits like a truck. GSP went to war with a prime Hendricks who hit like a semi-truck and also survived Condits head kick clean off the temple.
Jake

Rick Story - The guy leaned on his wrestling to save himself but the only time he was finished by strikes was by Cerrone's insane video game combos. Rick Story has been in some wars.

Clay Guida - Guida has been in absolutely brutal fights and has eaten massive shots like a Sanchez headkick. Even when he got smashed with some hooks by Mendes he wasn't put out cold

Chris Leben - The original Zombie.

Edit: Mighty Mouse- the guy survived power shots from Joe-B and Dodson both in their primes and they're both known for brutalizing people with strikes in their physical primes
Condit

hi-res-7376470_crop_north.jpg

Never heard of this man before

Was Evan Tanner ever ko'd besides the slam? Franklin put a beating on him.

Back