• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Uncomfortable Conversations: "The right kind of refugee"

TL/DR TS: Wah muh racism!!!

Ukraine is in Europe. Funny how the Gulf States took no refugees from Syria, despite having a shared culture and religion. Where they could integrate well, and all

It's a common misconception to say that only the western world accepts forced migration (migration as a result of physical displacent, and not driven by economic motives):

white Europeans, it makes the situation more "tragic".
Racial card is used to manipulate with plebs. Do not attempt to use vs me cards designed for blind plebs.

The Syrian war displaced 14 million people, many of which were woman and children.
With delivery rate from Putin as today, sure, if looking from pure math perspective we will get 14 000 000 during next 3-5 months.

PS: For what it's worth, I have worked with the UN as an advisor for developing adaptive capacity and community resilience in refugee settlements (hence my work in Yemen). It was part of a collaborative effort that involved academic institutions spanning multiple continents. I assure you, I have done more research on refugees (both primary and secondary) than I ever wanted to - my specialization is on waste management infrastructure, and I was shocked to see just how bad the situation in many of these settlements are.

Then why did you make this op?

Because even outside of the west we often see neighboring and nearby nations take in refugees almost immediately during a crisis.

Seems to me that you’re dealing with a bit of decency bias. Not being rude, just kind of how it seems.

Maybe it’s more about appearances, meaning that the average person in the west just seems to care more about this conflict. I don’t know.

Values are what matter. I don't care what color you are. If you have shitty values and your culture is what our society considers immoral, then fuck off. Stay where you are.

It's a common misconception to say that only the western world accepts forced migration (migration as a result of physical displacent, and not driven by economic motives):

lol no replies or likes for the facts?

I have relatives in Turkey and they absolutely despise the Syrians thou fwiw

Racial card is used to manipulate with plebs. Do not attempt to use vs me cards designed for blind plebs.

With delivery rate from Putin as today, sure, if looking from pure math perspective we will get 14 000 000 during next 3-5 months.

I'm not up to speed on internet speak, I'm assuming "Pleb" means plebeian?

I think it's difficult to have a conversation and omit race, when race is something that politicians/news outlets/etc. acknowledge as being one of the reasons. In the past, the president of Hungary called immigrants poison and that he didn't want any of them, but has opened up the country to 100,000+ Ukranians (which is a good thing). But to say there isn't a racialized dimension to that decision is being willfully ignorant. The country is well within its rights to do so, and it confirms my first hypothesis as to why attitudes towards refugees differ.

I'm not up to speed on internet speak, I'm assuming "Pleb" means plebeian?
In modern terms most likely it is >90% ppl.
Upper class is so called ruling class. Dunno how today, in Russia most likely oligarchs and like this.

Poland is a shit hole lol

Refugees don't give a fuck about any Eastern European hole lol
Poland actually has to abolish the income tax for young people to stay in the damn country because otherwise the first chance young Polish people get they are GONE.

Then why did you make this op?

Because even outside of the west we often see neighboring and nearby nations take in refugees almost immediately during a crisis.

Seems to me that you’re dealing with a bit of decency bias. Not being rude, just kind of how it seems.

Maybe it’s more about appearances, meaning that the average person in the west just seems to care more about this conflict. I don’t know.

You are exactly right, but the difference in this conflict is: 1) neighboring countries are welcoming displaced Ukrainians with open arms. By and large, every country has been highly supportive of helping Ukrainians displaced by war. This IS NOT the norm, and one of the first immediate consequences of forced mass migration is friction between refugees and the host country.

2) Many of the same countries (and policy makers, and even posters on this forum) - have argued against refugees, and were extremely reticent to accept families from Afghanistan and Syria displaced by war. However, this doesn't appear to be the case with Ukraine. What makes family displaced by war different than another? Is it religion, race, culture, language etc.

I made the post to understand why people feel there is a difference between Ukrainian refugees and others. I'm not ascribing any sort of moral standing to either - I am a big believer than a country should be able to decide their own rules on who they let in. While I am very sympathetic towards refugees, I don't expect others to feel the same way.

Ts, are you dense?
1. Racism exists.
2. Ukraine is a pawn/sacrificial lamb in the globalists' game. The whole thing was artificially provoked to bring down Russia.
3. Nobody gives a shit about anybody, especially the neighbors.
4. Poles & ukrainians dislike each other. Just like all neighboring nations always do.
5. Media lies.
6. UN is a shill for globalists.
7. Wake the fuck up, sheeple!!!

Last edited:
Poland actually has to abolish the income tax for young people to stay in the damn country because otherwise the first chance young Polish people get they are GONE.

Facts

your mouth is hole and anus most likely already is too much used.

Lucky its the only thing we have in common

Not all whites are equal lol

Quote this
I don’t give a shit if they are white. Send them to Canada if they are crossing the Atlantic.

Turkey is being paid to accept said immigrants. Egypt receives massive foreign aide as well. Those are net counter examples at all
The rest are the immediate neighbors. While these immigrants are accepted and well taken care in the west despite not integrating

TS Canada has gone above and beyond what basically every other nation has in terms of accepting refugees from all parts. If we have the strongest bond with Ukrainians and are most concerned with their plight that's because there are a great many with connections and roots in that part of the world, and we're only human. Any county with a problem with Canada's immigration policies or even foreign policy needs to get on our level before they talk shit.

Back