International UK Councillors Abandon Labour Party Re: Keir Starmer's Stance on Gaza Conflict

Siver!

Sedriques Dumbass Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67329589 - Burnley

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-67239372 - Blackburn

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-67168064 - Nottinghamshire

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-67115741 - Stroud

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-67191515 - Glasgow and Edinburgh

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-67144175 - Gloucester

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-67180642 - Oxford
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-67231473 - Majority lost in Oxford

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-67149953 - Cambridge

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-67125964 - Manchester

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-67285037 - Slough

---

Pretty significant raft of resignations over Keir Starmer's stance on the Gaza conflict.

The issues appear to be growing for left wing parties who insist on backing Israel without pause for thought or dialogue.

Crazy, because Starmer and Labour have been considered a shoe-in at the next general election - could that be jeopardized by Starmer?

So, does that mean 50 by-elections now have to happen? I'm not familiar with British local politics.

No, because they aren't resigning their seat - which would trigger a by-election - they're just resigning from their party, so it means the party lose a councillor - and in the case of Oxford and Burnley, they've also lost their majority in those councils.

But yeah, unless they resigned as a councillor, there won't be a by-election.

Most likely they either continue in their posts as independents, or some of the Blackburn lot formed their own tiny party, for example.

The ‘free Palestine’ movement has been embedded in leftism for a very long time, coming out of a tradition of supporting those who are being squashed by imperialism, and is fundamental to the overarching critique of America. It is, of course, not the hill to die on, especially when one realizes Islamic fundamentalism isn’t cohesive with leftest values. (Secularism has dwindled to the point of being questionable, hence the recent terror attacks.) It should be obvious that aligning oneself to a side in a religious war is futile, but to tell that to the screeching leftest — new and old — pushes you into the other camp.

At the same time, it’s only cynical support for Israel that makes sense, because they have been the oppressors, criminals and propagandists. Although with Benny at the helm, many instances of spying on behalf of Mossad, a ballooning price tag, and general belligerence, it might be time to reel these clowns in, or rely on different partners.

Those Labour councillors should quit, though. Michael Foot isn’t returning, and the Corbyn camp got destroyed from all sides, including from within, leaving no real hope at ever receiving a mandate from leftist voters. Time to jump ship or form something new.

No, because they aren't resigning their seat - which would trigger a by-election - they're just resigning from their party, so it means the party lose a councillor - and in the case of Oxford and Burnley, they've also lost their majority in those councils.

But yeah, unless they resigned as a councillor, there won't be a by-election.

Most likely they either continue in their posts as independents, or some of the Blackburn lot formed their own tiny party, for example.

Ah, so they just crossed the floor but without actually joining another party? Its a virtue signal in which they will eventually rejoin when the next election happens. Resigning or an actual floor cross is a far louder protest

The ‘free Palestine’ movement has been embedded in leftism for a very long time, coming out of a tradition of supporting those who are being squashed by imperialism, and is fundamental to the overarching critique of America. It is, of course, not the hill to die on, especially when one realizes Islamic fundamentalism isn’t cohesive with leftest values. (Secularism has dwindled to the point of being questionable, hence the recent terror attacks.) It should be obvious that aligning oneself to a side in a religious war is futile, but to tell that to the screeching leftest — new and old — pushes you into the other camp.

At the same time, it’s only cynical support for Israel that makes sense, because they have been the oppressors, criminals and propagandists. Although with Benny at the helm, many instances of spying on behalf of Mossad, a ballooning price tag, and general belligerence, it might be time to reel these clowns in, or rely on different partners.

Those Labour councillors should quit, though. Michael Foot isn’t returning, and the Corbyn camp got destroyed from all sides, including from within, leaving no real hope at ever receiving a mandate from leftist voters. Time to jump ship or form something new.

Thing is, Starmer was cruising - absolutely cruising - towards a mandate.

Now it might not happen at all.

The Labour party is about to destroy itself from the inside-out yet again.

The Conservatives don't even have to do or say anything at all - just watch Labour tear itself to shreds once more - and all because Starmer took too strong a stance and gambled his political future on the IDF allowing for a sane outcome to the Gaza conflict.

Ah, so they just crossed the floor but without actually joining another party? Its a virtue signal in which they will eventually rejoin when the next election happens. Resigning or an actual floor cross is a far louder protest

Yeah, they didn't cross the floor, they didn't resign their post, they just resigned from the party.

It's a virtue signal, but you would hope it's based more on their constituents feelings than their own, but I kindly doubt that in some cases.

There is every chance they rejoin the party at a later date, too.

Thing is, Starmer was cruising - absolutely cruising - towards a mandate.

Now it might not happen at all.

The Labour party is about to destroy itself from the inside-out yet again.

The Conservatives don't even have to do or say anything at all - just watch Labour tear itself to shreds once more - and all because Starmer took too strong a stance and gambled his political future on the IDF allowing for a sane outcome to the Gaza conflict.

Starmer is Pius Thicknesse; you will never really get the direct answer. I suspect he will spin things in public, lay the hammer behind the scenes. The voters don’t have many options though. I mean, why would you vote for the Tories?

Starmer is Pius Thicknesse; you will never really get the direct answer. I suspect he will spin things in public, lay the hammer behind the scenes. The voters don’t have many options though. I mean, why would you vote for the Tories?

That's certainly the accusation - that he's tried to create a 'dictatorship' behind the scenes.

But yeah.

Fuck the Tories.

The problem the left has, is their vote is divided too many ways.

The SNP, the Lib Dems, both just dividing the left wing vote. Then there's the Greens, too.

The right wing in the UK is smaller than the left wing, but it still wins.

Yeah, they didn't cross the floor, they didn't resign their post, they just resigned from the party.

It's a virtue signal, but you would hope it's based more on their constituents feelings than their own, but I kindly doubt that in some cases.

There is every chance they rejoin the party at a later date, too.

Yeah, it's basically an empty protest to stir things up. I agree that it shouldn't be done without constituent support, or a at the very least a heads up prior. However, one of my many gripes with the parliamentary system is towing the party line no matter what; so it's nice seeing dissent.

Labour and the British left have been aggressively pandering to Muslims and Islam for nigh in 50 years now and are incredibly anti-semitic. It was a matter of time before it blew up.

The white metropolitan soy latte drinkers are completely blind to it and claim it doesn't exist. I have no love for David Baddiel, but he nailed this a couple of years back.

Last edited:
If Starmer somehow manages to blow this election to the tories surely he's one of the most useless politicians ever.

If Starmer somehow manages to blow this election to the tories surely he's one of the most useless politicians ever.
I don't think he'll blow it, most of the country hates the Tories now so it would take a miracle for them to win.

However, I think this whole issue reflects more on the idiotic British left than it does on Starmer specifically.

It amazes me that these jumped up little nobodies have such a high opinion of themselves that they genuinely believe the whole world needs to know what they think about the Israel vs Palestine conflict. Do they really believe that the IDF are gonna lay down their weapons because some tin pot British counsellor says they should? It amazes me that they would risk the progress that Starmer has made in order to virtue signal over this issue.

I don't think he'll blow it, most of the country hates the Tories now so it would take a miracle for them to win.

However, I think this whole issue reflects more on the idiotic British left than it does on Starmer specifically.

It amazes me that these jumped up little nobodies have such a high opinion of themselves that they genuinely believe the whole world needs to know what they think about the Israel vs Palestine conflict. Do they really believe that the IDF are gonna lay down their weapons because some tin pot British counsellor says they should? It amazes me that they would risk the progress that Starmer has made in order to virtue signal over this issue.

Lol yeah, I sympathise with them on the issue but you're right that the IDF don't care what Dave the counsellor for Blackburn thinks.

Lol yeah, I sympathise with them on the issue but you're right that the IDF don't care what Dave the counsellor for Blackburn thinks.
It's almost as if Dave the counsellor from Blackburn was elected to make sure the bins get emptied on time and there's no fly tipping not solve wars in the Middle East.

Two authoritarian death cults are at each other's throats over power you say?

200w.gif

The leftist/islam axis was always an alliance of convenience and required lots of self-deception and avoiding key issues to maintain. The moment the Tories step out of the room they are at each other's throats.

This is the exact attitude that leads a large part of the world to despise the West and it's hypocrisy. On the one hand the West continually brays about "liberal values" and human rights, on the other hand they will expediently ignore gross injustices in service of a larger ideology. It doesn't matter that Palestinians are suffering injustice, they're muslim so you have to be against them.

Labour and the British left have been aggressively pandering to Muslims and Islam for nigh in 50 years now and are incredibly anti-semitic. It was a matter of time before it blew up.

The white metropolitan soy latte drinkers are completely blind to it and claim it doesn't exist. I have no love for David Baddiel, but he nailed this a couple of years back.
Yes, labour has been pandering to muslims, that's why they essentially had a party which hunt to root out "islamophobia" which eventually brought down their own leader,...oh wait, sorry, that was Jews not Muslims. Never mind.

This is the exact attitude that leads a large part of the world to despise the West and it's hypocrisy. On the one hand the West continually brays about "liberal values" and human rights, on the other hand they will expediently ignore gross injustices in service of a larger ideology. It doesn't matter that Palestinians are suffering injustice, they're muslim so you have to be against them.

I said, “leftest [sic] values,” which, in that instance (forgoing a general discussion about the origins of liberalism), has not been ambiguous about the war; it is on the side of the Palestinians, full stop. I questioned the futility, morality of supporting anyone engaged in religious war. That is a minority view that hasn’t been expressed all that much in the media.

The want for the innocent to make it through goes without saying. The real struggle and objection based on moral grounds should be the last paragraph, really. Words like ‘strategic partner’ come to mind. Sadly, even though we create our own villains, the villains would exist regardless. The world beyond the surface of day-to-day life is scary, and the time for reevaluating the relationship with Israel is long overdue, but to abandon them is a hard sell given their overall ‘the big day cometh’ status.

Yes, labour has been pandering to muslims, that's why they essentially had a party which hunt to root out "islamophobia" which eventually brought down their own leader,...oh wait, sorry, that was Jews not Muslims. Never mind.

I don't quite get your point. Was it bad that senior leaders in Labour tried to root out their systemic anti-Semitism? Because, you know...they were anti-Semitic

Last edited:
Back