UFN 92 - Caceres vs Rodriguez - Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ez off topic and pls delete but can we get an olympics thread?

Justin Ledet

some HLs of his last fight towards the end of the vid here:
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/05/legacy...ye-poke-ends-justin-ledet-vs-brice-ritani-coe

ledet managed to cut the guys eye open so it was a n/c
much older fight here few years back and at a smaller weight class

Pro boxing fight here last year

Some nice boxing and hands shown ( at times) with his pro boxing background I expect him to have the better boxing, another YT clip showed he does train submissions also, his record shows 4 subs and 2 kos.

Some more chase footage:

another fight back in 2013

Chase looks to have some powerful leg kicks and tree tunks for legs also, many opponents gas or go down from them alone, seems to defend himself ok too, although at one point his opponent who was knocked down grabbed both feet and chase simply fell down lol
Commentary mentioned chase has good wrestling also, although not seen much of it.

Only safe play for this fight is ends itd, both guys are 6.4" tall and big guys never gone distance.
If I had to pick, probably Chase although no confidence in either guy.

Does anyone think Leites could have been coming off something? He looked significantly less explosive, most noticeably in the speed and power of his strikes, in his Moose fight than in the one before against Boetsch. Haven't been able to find any news about him coming in sick or injured to any of those fights.

I already like Camozzi at underdog odds and his conditioning and pace has looked noticeably better in his last outing against Miranda than his fights prior. IIRC, I think he recently added a full time strength and conditioning coach into his program a fight or two ago which will really benefit his attritting style. Agree with others that Camozzi is definitely coming into his prime. Camozzi also pushes a good constant jab and I think he'll be able to find success with it similarly to Mousasi, albeit not the same amount. Think the fight will play out similarly to Leites Bisping but with Leites being able to be more effective with his grappling and a little more competitive in the striking.

Last edited:
Like Bermudez here after some tape watching albeit cant find kawajiri fight. Yes jason can knock you out but its with a low % move such as a flying knee or spinning elbow. Bermudez has really solid boxing and is definitely the better standup fighter i know some question his chin but hes been stopped once by strikes and that was a flying knee. He ate some big shots from stephens in r2 and the lamas jab was a flash kd he wasnt hurt. Id rather put my money on the guy with solid fundamentals then someone whose main offering are low % moves on the feet.

Jasons slpm on fightmetric are high but i think this is skewed by all his short fights. Agains peralta his output was low and he seemed gassed by r3. Bermudez brings a hell of a pace and is really good at using his strikes to clinch up with you and wear you out on the fence (averages over 4 slpm and 4 td's per fight). Jason has bad tdd so bermudez can bring all facets of his game to the fore here - solid standup, clinch work against the fence and td's to rack up points. I see bermudez wearing jason out and getting a late stoppage or points win. Ideally he needs to secure his td's against the fence to limit jasons offence off his back. If he does this shoud be a plain sailing night for him. After all has anyone ever been ko'd by two flying knees...lol

Looks like cub bermudez parlay for me. Can anyone find kawas fight with bermudez?

Does anyone think Leites could have been coming off something? He looked significantly less explosive, most noticeably in the speed and power of his strikes, in his Moose fight than in the one before against Boetsch. Haven't been able to find any news about him coming in sick or injured to any of those fights.

I already like Camozzi at underdog odds and his conditioning and pace has looked noticeably better in his last outing against Miranda than his fights prior. IIRC, I think he recently added a full time strength and conditioning coach into his program a fight or two ago which will really benefit his attritting style. Agree with others that Camozzi is definitely coming into his prime. Camozzi also pushes a good constant jab and I think he'll be able to find success with it similarly to Mousasi, albeit not the same amount. Think the fight will play out similarly to Leites Bisping but with Leites being able to be more effective with his grappling and a little more competitive in the striking.

I need to rewatch mousasi fight. Was his physique different? Gotta admit camozzi has been looking really good.

https://www.ufc.tv/video/cowboy-vs-cowboy

scroll down to see kawa/bermudez and click red button watch

This new FP its much better but its still got a few bugs from the old one, you can hit profile on any fighter and it usually pulls their 2016 fight or last fight but not always.

Watched cub/tatsu last few fights, cub looked excellent in his last fight like his usual self really, I don't take anything away from his frankie/max losses those guys are champs/no1 so often but cub showed good foot work, defence and head movement. We know cub has power and good cardio and generally good take down defence, I do wonder how he is going to run away from tatsu grappling game though.

Tatus is a leech but does not do much if he does not get to dominate positions, he does tire and gas quick if you make him work though, cub will have to use that speed and footwork which he has shown he can, would imagine his counter striking will also look good against an aggressive tatsu who is desperate to grab hold of cub too.

I like cub as parlay fodder, su maybe worth a tatsu hedge (small flyer on sub) due to cub 5 sub losses

I agree with Sham on Bermudez. Think he is more technically sound and has fought tougher competition. The only way I can see Jason winning is by a low % move as stated. On top of that, Jason is coming off of a suspension for using a diuretic and hasn't fought post usada. Curious to see how he looks at weigh ins

I need to rewatch mousasi fight. Was his physique different? Gotta admit camozzi has been looking really good.
Hasn't looked too different physically in his last three fights (Mousasi, Bisping, Boetsch). Went through and looked at his last three weigh in photos too and he more or less looks the same.

Hasn't looked too different physically in his last three fights (Mousasi, Bisping, Boetsch). Went through and looked at his last three weigh in photos too and he more or less looks the same.

i think he looked the same but he definitely hasn't been performing the same. from what i remember, leites is good on the ground but his takedowns aren't great. camozzi is good in the clinch and should have the edge in the standup. i really like camozzi here.

Moose was a nightmare matchup, and Leites performed well vs Bisping. Hardd to say he hasn't been performing the same. I might end up just lb'ing as far as picking a winner is concerned, but I can easily see Leites winning a decision here

Agree with Sham and JohnB above. Bermudez should beat Jason maybe 7/10 times imo. But at -210 his price really isn't amazing. There's still some value though. I parlayed him with Yair now because I'm guessing Bermudez is closer to -250 come fight time, and I do think he grinds out a win. Might hedge Jason KO if price is right.

Yair should handle Caceras. Yair just better at the creative stuff and physically stronger. I think he'll touch Caceras' chin at some point. I like Yair itd at -131. 25 minutes for him to land something, works for me.

Moose was a nightmare matchup, and Leites performed well vs Bisping. Hardd to say he hasn't been performing the same. I might end up just lb'ing as far as picking a winner is concerned, but I can easily see Leites winning a decision here

but don't you think camozzi is also a bad match up? camozzi is essentially a worse version of mousasi. i absolutely think he can deploy a similar gameplan - keep it standing and kickbox. that being said, camozzi is wilder than mousasi so he's more at risk at being caught by one of thales' power shots, but at + odds i'm happy to take the risk.

Leites vs. Camozzi:

Eyeing Camozzi in this one. Leites gameplan should be grapling heavy. Camozzi has improved his TDD, but Leites should still be able to take it to the ground, but I don't think that he can actually stick to this gameplan. Leites stands and trade too much when he doesn't have too, and this will probably be similar to the Bisping fight, where he will pressure and walk down Camozzi while getting jabbed on the nose over and over again. Especially if Camozzi can use his footwork he can outpoint Leites standing. Leites should be on a decline combined "USADA" effect, and ATM Camozzi @ 2.600 looks pretty solid. I don't think the line will move much.

Bermudez vs. Jason:

Bermudez should be able to cruise to a dec or late stoppage. Jason will not be able to push the same pace as Bermudez and will fade later on. Even quicker if he uses his explosive moves. Once Bermudez gets a TD, he will stick to him like glue, and it will probably be too much for Jason too handle. I will probably use Bermudez in a parlay. Im also very interested in his -3,5 line. I will hammer that line if it's about 1.7-1.8

Yair vs. Caceres:

I've already put 1u on Caceres at his opening line @ 3.000 - I didn't think that the line would actually improve, but that's fine by me. The line is way off IMO. It's a good think for Caceres that this is a 5 round fight. He will have the cardio edge. Yair has earlier strugled in round 3 after spending so much energy on the flashing moves and the grapling. I wouldn't touch Yair ML line at all and especially not in a parlay. If I were too put money on him, it would be ITD, since he should win more often than not in the first two rounds. I think their styles will unleash alot of creativity and some crazy scrambles. Something that could also benefit Caceres, if he can get Yair to spend some energy.
You can't deny that Caceres looked like a beast in his last outing, although it was against Miller, but he has become a very skilled all-around fighter. His cardio combined with his striking and grapling can be a very hard task for Yair in a 5 round fight.

The hedge for me would be Yair R1 or R2 / Caceres late sub/DEC

After all has anyone ever been ko'd by two flying knees...lol
:)

tumblr_n2x6cvNuYl1t82um5o1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Didn't notice that Bermudes vs. Jason over line was o1.5 @ 1.526 - Something too consider? I only see Bermudez being the one to win inside of 1.5

but don't you think camozzi is also a bad match up? camozzi is essentially a worse version of mousasi. i absolutely think he can deploy a similar gameplan - keep it standing and kickbox. that being said, camozzi is wilder than mousasi so he's more at risk at being caught by one of thales' power shots, but at + odds i'm happy to take the risk.
Na not at all. Camozzi doesn't move particularly fast or have a laser jab like Moose. He relies more on his kicks than hands. Leites shouldn't have trouble getting inside, no one really does vs Camozzi. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Leites can score some takedowns in this fight.

I can agree Camozzi has been looking better than ever, but the string of competition hes faced has definitely been lesser than Leites. Tough fight to call, i'll be OK livebetting Camozzi if I like what I see in round 1 rather than any prefight bet on him

Also, not sure why so many are confident in Caceres the later the fight goes. Cole Miller looked like complete shit for 2 rounds, and then schooled Caceres on the mat in the third. Have to believe some of that sloppiness came from not having the best cardio

Also, not sure why so many are confident in Caceres the later the fight goes. Cole Miller looked like complete shit for 2 rounds, and then schooled Caceres on the mat in the third. Have to believe some of that sloppiness came from not having the best cardio

pretty sure caceres took that fight on ridiculously short notice man.

That's a stretch imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back