UFN 140 Ponzinibbio vs Magny

Imo Aldana have great value. Hes the favorite for this fight.

Whats the chance of Aldana edging this fight but keeping it close enough that the hometiwn judges will give it to the Argentina fighter?

Walker is a beast, green, but if those 2 make it out of 1st round, then I think he has a good chance of winning.

Whats the chance of Aldana edging this fight but keeping it close enough that the hometiwn judges will give it to the Argentina fighter?
I dont know but i guess that will be brazilian judges for this event, Cabmma. Also, Aldana have great volume and power, maybe not going to the judges, if going Aldana should win clear.

That kinda thing is always a concern, but probably not likely enough that it should be a major factor in your decision to bet on this fight.

This Johnny Walker guy is a monstrous LHW, 6'5" with a 81" reach. Not the most skilled fighter at the moment but he's dangerous and effective. He's only been a pro for 5 years but I see a lot of potential if he polishes up his game.

Decent Muay thai, BJJ purple belt, athletic. He has all the skills to beat a guy like Rountree who is getting too much respect again cause he KO'd a washed up kickboxer.

Remeber Saki almost lost to Henrique. The fight prior to the Saki fight Rountree looked like a bum, gassing out and missing all his sloppy punches against a bum. His cardio and grappling will always be suspect and his striking isn't that good, he's just dangerous and explosive early.

I don't see why Walker can't contend with Rountree on the feet and I wouldn't be surprised to see Walker go for a TD either. Walker is unknown and Rountree is getting too much respect, much closer than the odds suggest. Rountree was like -400 against the Polish can.

Last edited:
^ I agree with you. Walker has clear POV, but I am concerned he will want to get into a firefight with Rountree in R1 and lose, as Rountree has the speed edge imo, so on 0.5U on him now, will add another unit if the fight gets to R2, well, if he doesnt look too gassed.

BTW I think this card is going to be fun; I am enjoying capping this card.

^ I agree with you. Walker has clear POV, but I am concerned he will want to get into a firefight with Rountree in R1 and lose, as Rountree has the speed edge imo, so on 0.5U on him now, will add another unit if the fight gets to R2.

BTW I think this card is going to be fun; I am enjoying capping this card.
Yeah he probably will want to trade with Rountree for some amount of time. I've seen Walker go for TD's in a few of his fights but striking seems to be his forte. If he's smart he'll go for a TD, could go either way standing.

^ I will be looking put a sub prop on this fight, that could be sweet.

I like walker too, rountree only has half a round in him before he gasses and Walker looked pretty impressive actually vs Frankenstein. He has an awesome frame and decent kickboxing, obviously he could get ko'd within 1 minute easily because Rountree is just very explosive and dangerous, but as such a big underdog Walker is worth a shot imo.

Tailing everyone else here, put $165 on Aldana, only went that big because you peckerwoods knocked it down to like +140 but Bovada still had it at +155 so I took it... :oops:

Aldana somehow injured his eye early on in the first round of his last bout against Song... had blood running down the entire length of his cheek from his eyeball and his eye was all red. Bad break considering he was doing well despite the injury...

I wouldn't go far as to say Aldana's fight was an early stoppage, but I don't think he was completely out of it by any means.

He was still protecting himself from a flurry of punches (a lot clipping the back of his head) and still had his wits about him.

The ref must've stopped that purely due to Aldana not making enough of a defensive move - I think Aldana was figuring how to get out of the spot, but the volume Kenan was putting on was just too much too quickly for the ref to want to see any more.

So what does everyone see in the Staropoli limited amount of footage we have of him that makes him such a heavy fade?

Anyone have any opinions on Vera ITD?

A real high work rate guy who has always shown a good ability to get rid of the B-Level guys, his hands and feet are good and his sub game is no joke... His opponent is something like 38 years old and likely can't take the 3 round grind and pressure that Vera brings, especially looking at his record and his penchant for being subbed. He's also very inactive.

Any input welcomed!

Got an early Botelho line. I think she stops Calvillo with punches. Calvillo’s striking is awful and she hasn’t fought a dangerous striker yet.

Anyone have any opinions on Vera ITD?

A real high work rate guy who has always shown a good ability to get rid of the B-Level guys, his hands and feet are good and his sub game is no joke... His opponent is something like 38 years old and likely can't take the 3 round grind and pressure that Vera brings, especially looking at his record and his penchant for being subbed. He's also very inactive.

Any input welcomed!
Guido can be a dangerous guy himself. Hes got some hard kicks and throws them fast too. His issue in the past has been his gas tank because he throws so much heat and slows down significantly after the first 4 minutes or so. In his last fight against Rivas though he showed a lot of composure and conservation but that also might be because of Rivas' notoriously low output.

Back