UFN 140 Ponzinibbio vs Magny

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
K1mXsA7.jpg

Safe to say UFC has reached it's 'moneyball' era. They know they can churn more profit out of lackluster cards than stacking them with talent...

This is a bit of a dumpster fire but might have some good spots for betting

Lines are out

Safe to say UFC has reached it's 'moneyball' era. They know they can churn more profit out of lackluster cards than stacking them with talent...

what are you talking about? ariane lipski vs unknown fighter is the fight that MMA needs and deserves!

what are you talking about? ariane lipski vs unknown fighter is the fight that MMA needs and deserves!
Do they have an opponent for her yet? Was really looking forwad to see her debut, girl's a killer. Will be nice to see Botelho again also, I think she will be a problem in the strawweight division

But the UFC always does this with new/unrelevant markets, like the Russia and Chile card earlier this year

Terrible card.. not even attending because tickets are expensive. Hope they come back with something better next year.

BTW.. 1u on Magny at +252. The guy is always game, durable and has excellent cardio. I think he has a good chance here. This fight should be a lot closer to a pick em IMO.

Also think that Chito Vera runs through Cannetti.

Terrible matchmaking for local fighters.

Terrible card.. not even attending because tickets are expensive. Hope they come back with something better next year.

BTW.. 1u on Magny at +252. The guy is always game, durable and has excellent cardio. I think he has a good chance here. This fight should be a lot closer to a pick em IMO.

Also think that Chito Vera runs through Cannetti.

Terrible matchmaking for local fighters.

i actually think it's a winnable fight for cannetti if he can manage his energy expenditure over three rounds, i'll take the underdog at +200 no problem.

I guess we should get used to this for the upcoming ESPN era where the UFC are contracted to put a show on every week.

But as you say on the plus side it's good for betting

Looking to have one more great night after fn 139 but not really familiar with much of these fighters. Really liked breese to win vs mutante but fight is now off. Not so sure about magny vs ponz now

I like Magny just because of odds, but how will he beat Ponz? I don’t see a likely way to victory. I’ll blindley put down 1U at 3.50. He will fight for my money.

I like Magny just because of odds, but how will he beat Ponz? I don’t see a likely way to victory. I’ll blindley put down 1U at 3.50. He will fight for my money.
His only chance is to out cardio Ponz. Ponz looked quite tired during r3 in Perry fight. I think Ponz is too nasty and will finish Magny.

I just finished watching Johnny Walker in the contender series. He fought Luis Henrique who tagged him quite a bit but had no power to finish him. If Khalil connects it might be different story. anyway Walker looks hittable and likes thai clinch a lot. Can't forget how Routree lost to nobody from Poland so anything can happen in this fight. Dog or pass. I can't see how anyone can trust Rountree at this point.

Magny can approach a grappling based gameplan like he did against Gastelum.

Neil is really underrated. He has beaten Hendricks, Gastelum, Lombard, Condit.. I reckognize that most of those guys were past their primes.. but the win over Kelvin is more impressive than anything Ponzi did.

I love Ponzinibbio (see my AV)... but I think he is not a solid top 10 talent like Magny is.

I just finished watching Johnny Walker in the contender series. He fought Luis Henrique who tagged him quite a bit but had no power to finish him. If Khalil connects it might be different story. anyway Walker looks hittable and likes thai clinch a lot. Can't forget how Routree lost to nobody from Poland so anything can happen in this fight. Dog or pass. I can't see how anyone can trust Rountree at this point.

I need to do a lot more research on Walker and Rountree, but Rountree's striking looked tremendous against Saki. It was not a lucky punch, as some might have thought. He really is an excellent striker, and I don't type that often about anyone in MMA. His weakness appears to be grappling, but in a kickboxing match, there are few guys at 205 who can survive for long against him.

Magny livebet after R1 or 2's the play, IMO. Should be able to get him at like +600.

Aldana and Fabinski both great prices.

I need to do a lot more research on Walker and Rountree, but Rountree's striking looked tremendous against Saki. It was not a lucky punch, as some might have thought. He really is an excellent striker, and I don't type that often about anyone in MMA. His weakness appears to be grappling, but in a kickboxing match, there are few guys at 205 who can survive for long against him.
The polish guy made him look like a bum on the feet iirc.

In my opinion Hector Aldana is one of the worst active UFC fighters... Watch the guy fight. He's dreadful.

I think roundtree has shown steady improvement and is a very dangerous striker

Back