UFN 135 - Gaethje vs. Vick - Lincoln, NE

Pulled the trigger on Gaethje +150 for 1.5u. Not sure Vick has the power and pocket boxing to shut down his offense. He damn near outlasted Dustin and we know his offense is some of the best in the business. Those leg kicks might snap Vick's chicken legs.
I like this play. Vick is a guy i just don’t believe in, similar to Ortega. I’ve lost lots of units fading both though.

I like this play. Vick is a guy i just don’t believe in, similar to Ortega. I’ve lost lots of units fading both though.
I've lost a lot on the Ortega fade. Vick's got a way more coherent gameplan than him.

Only thing worrying me about playing Gaejthe's ML is Vick's TKO over Duffy. Didn't look like a full power shot and still dropped Duffy hard, looks like Duffy misread it and slipped into the punch, resulting in a much harder strike.

Only thing worrying me about playing Gaejthe's ML is Vick's TKO over Duffy. Didn't look like a full power shot and still dropped Duffy hard, looks like Duffy misread it and slipped into the punch, resulting in a much harder strike.
Vick has underrated KO power

Gaethje will have to be very cautious of Vicks step in knees and from the clinch, he got such a bad habbit lowering his head with that high guard. Even 5'8 Alvarez managed to get it up through his guard and knock him out

Gaethje will have to be very cautious of Vicks step in knees and from the clinch, he got such a bad habbit lowering his head with that high guard. Even 5'8 Alvarez managed to get it up through his guard and knock him out

Ha yep. I wrote about exactly that (and Vick's plum) on page 2 in this thread. Great minds and all that...

Prelim odds out. No plays yet but I think some lines are a little wide, going to tape some fights tonight.

Hate having to wait an extra day to get odds, refreshing bestfightodds every 15th minute and see the openers you like get worse and worse...

Took some Moraga +145. He's been looking improved lately since moving to the mma lab. Fought better comp too.

Faria at dog money vs long layoff JoJo is interesting. Gonna look into that. Remembering the Jessica Eye fight off hand doesn't instill my confidence very much so far.

Faria at dog money vs long layoff JoJo is interesting. Gonna look into that. Remembering the Jessica Eye fight off hand doesn't instill my confidence very much so far.

JoJo at this point is unbettable as a favorite. Faria as the dog is 100% the play there without a second consideration imo. I’ll happily take Faria at +145.

Alves -500 again? He hasn't been that impressive lately, but I guess neither has Krause

Alves -500 again? He hasn't been that impressive lately, but I guess neither has Krause
Krause is halfway out the door as well what with his gym and cornering all his fighters. Probably just looking for a check to keep the dream alive. Took some damage in his last fight too. Old man in the sport but has fought at a high level for a longer time I think. -500 is way too high a price for Alves though. Shrug.

Alves will win, but no way should anyone consider laying -500 on him.

I stabbed Iuri +205 and Faria +175 as dogs so far. Parlayed Gall+Dober at around -110 too.

Vick's put his striking game together better to use his range more. However, I don't know how good his chin has been tested yet. Gaethje will just get up in his face and make him uncomfortable. I'm not sure how well Vick will deal with that if he doesn't catch him hard enough on the way in.

Sanders-Yahya is very interesting to me. Sanders' grappling is excellent, and just made one little mistake against Iuri. Obviously that can happen again, but I think this matchup is stylistically very favorable for him. I don't see him getting a quick sub on Sanders, and if he doesn't it'll be a rough fight for him.

Definitely gonna lay a little juice on Sullivan. I don't trust Sullivan's grappling all that much, but if he can put up any decent defense to it I honestly don't think Gall can handle him. Either way, the line's much wider than it should be. Sullivan's grappling is better than Gall's striking.

Last edited:
Definitely gonna lay a little juice on Sullivan. I don't trust Sullivan's grappling all that much, but if he can put up any decent defense to it I honestly don't think Gall can handle him. Either way, the line's much wider than it should be. Sullivan's grappling is better than Gall's striking.

Sullivan already had a terrifying level of CTE symptoms by his own direct admission and comments from people who know him more than five years ago, everybody should take that into account when betting on him and watching him fight.

Sullivan, too, has his horror stories. After training sessions, he says, "Sometimes I come home (and) I can't talk. I'm not going to lie. It's called being 'punch drunk.' You stutter your words.

"I've had it last as long as a day and a half. You're thinking the word, but you just stutter it. You have that slur to you and you're kind of like hazed. It literally feels like being drunk, only without the nauseous feeling."

Sullivan, who says he has had his nose broken twice while sparring, comes home two or three times during each fight camp having trouble speaking, according to Rusher, his fiancee.

"He'll want to say something but his mouth isn't moving as fast as his brain might be," Rusher says. "He looks, like, disoriented, like his head is floating."

During one savage sparring session with a bigger fighter, Sullivan says, his head was rammed through the drywall at Kurt Pellegrino's Mixed Martial Arts Academy in Belmar, the gym where he now does most of his training. Later that day, Sullivan says, a friend found him wandering through Target with deodorant in his hands.

"I don't even remember it," Sullivan says. "I was brain dead."

Why the fuck would they be ramming each other's heads through drywall at Pellegrino's gym?? Is there some sort of cash prize or bursary awarded for "stupidest training environment"? The Chute Boxe Scholarship!

No wonder eroding strike resistance has been an issue for his team.

Surely the athletic commission needs to step in on those circumstances?!

No way Hunt should be fighting either but how do you stop a guy willingly wanting to fight when it's his living?

Back