UFC's rejection of signing top talent and lowball offers 2023-2024

It won't ever be challenged.

Casuals literally call the sport of MMA UFC. Like "do you train that UFC stuff?"

When you have people mistaking your organisation for the entire sport, you aren't ever going to be caught as the industry leader.

this is what it is for me too. they have successfully marketed their brand like Disney has where people just watch their shit because they told them to. i'm not against UFC signing all these guys and bringing back the old days of insane fights and stacked cards that every real fan wants but i just think the majority of the fanbase could give a shit. and that's the fanbase that call MMA UFC, and thought Ronda could beat Mayweather and Cain, and came in their pants when Anderson knocked out Vitor with a simple front kick and Rogan made everyone believe he just shot a laser beam out of his ass and never seen anything like that before in his whole legit tae kwon do career of spin kicking cab drivers in high school gyms.

Most prospects they sign ended up being a bust.

So now they just do the mvp and Chandler model. Let other promotions build them up and pay them more.

UFC swoop in late in their career get them easy fights like hooker holm Holland.

Fighters naturally gonna want to go to UFC after they make all the money. So they will take a pay cut.

You are messed up in the head. What Khabib Nurmagomedov and Islam Makhachev do is awesome.
...They look to maul and finish or submit the opponent, while trying to take minimal damage. It's not boring at all.

...UFC needs some better fighting rules. Some stuff that is illegal, make it legal. Would make things a bit more exciting.
PFL can sign all the Dagestani wrestlers they want because the casual crowd finds them boring and unrelatable, thus unmarketable for the UFC.

People complain about the UFC having a monopoly, then complain when good fighters choose to go to other organisations. Competition is a good thing, we need more of it.

People complain about the UFC having a monopoly, then complain when good fighters choose to go to other organisations. Competition is a good thing, we need more of it.

It's probably different people complaining. For me I would prefer as many good fighters under one roof as possible so they can fight each other

It's probably different people complaining. For me I would prefer as many good fighters under one roof as possible so they can fight each other

I get that. But it would also leave the fighters with zero leverage. Do as you're told, there's nowhere else to go.

You are messed up in the head. What Khabib Nurmagomedov and Islam Makhachev do is awesome.
...They look to maul and finish or submit the opponent, while trying to take minimal damage. It's not boring at all.

...UFC needs some better fighting rules. Some stuff that is illegal, make it legal. Would make things a bit more exciting.

they're not all like Islam and definitely not like Khabib

I get that. But it would also leave the fighters with zero leverage. Do as you're told, there's nowhere else to go.

they'd have leverage if they WORKED TOGETHER. i know, it's an insane idea, but if they just did that, man they could fuck'em good

It's not boring to me but it is boring to all the casuals I speak to.

Good topic. But I don't think being outbid by another organizations is that big or terrible of a thing.

That's true, it has to be a phase were top talents join a poor roster before an actual exciting roster is built outside the UFC. PFL-Bellator is starting to look qui exciting in some weight classes.

For several of the one listed like Parnasse or Baki it just was simply not possible for the UFC to match other offers. Parnasse resigned for 600K per fight in KSW, and Baki is set to make 200k per fight in PFL.
For some, like Doumbe, I think the UFC really dropped the ball offering so little.

Daddy Dana does it so you can watch other promotions with good fighters

At this point in time, the UFC can sign anyone and make them look like a star with their marketing + PR + matchmaking.

No other promotion even comes close.

At this point in time, the UFC can sign anyone and make them look like a star with their marketing + PR + matchmaking.

No other promotion even comes close.
Nahhh they can't force It. Some guys arent marketable, fans simply don't care about no matter what UFC does.

What they can do is highlight someone who is already interesting to the fans.

this is what it is for me too. they have successfully marketed their brand like Disney has where people just watch their shit because they told them to. i'm not against UFC signing all these guys and bringing back the old days of insane fights and stacked cards that every real fan wants but i just think the majority of the fanbase could give a shit. and that's the fanbase that call MMA UFC, and thought Ronda could beat Mayweather and Cain, and came in their pants when Anderson knocked out Vitor with a simple front kick and Rogan made everyone believe he just shot a laser beam out of his ass and never seen anything like that before in his whole legit tae kwon do career of spin kicking cab drivers in high school gyms.

Most people were throwing push kicks at that time, basically everyone in Muay Thai, Kickboxing and MMA. Nobody was throwing snap kicks like in Karate and Tae Kwon Do. When Anderson landed that shit on Vitor and then Lyoto on Couture, it literally had everyone start training it and applying it to MMA. That knockout vs Vitor was significant, most fans are too stupid to know the difference between and teep kick and a snap kick but Anderson really brought it to the forefront of modern MMA thanks to sensei Seagal.

And do you really think Rouse couldn't take Floyd down and armbar him?

And do you really think Rouse couldn't take Floyd down and armbar him?
Closing the gap is the issue, Ronda already had a hard time defending against strikes from competent boxers, imagine what Floyd would do to her.

Plus Floyd already has experience fighting women.

Closing the gap is the issue, Ronda already had a hard time defending against strikes from competent boxers, imagine what Floyd would do to her.

Plus Floyd already has experience fighting women.

Part of me thinks she really could just charge straight in and have a 50/50 shot of clinching up before getting flattened and just ragdoll Mayweather.

Part of me thinks she really could just charge straight in and have a 50/50 shot of clinching up before getting flattened and just ragdoll Mayweather.
I think 70/30 she gets flattened tbh, it's not like she ever reacted well to getting hit.

The average Sherdogger has been conditioned to root for corrupt Oligarchs. Not just the UFC oligarchy but globally too.
Anyone who challenges the oligarchy must be shamed and banished.
Sadly, it's the Sherdog way.

Last edited:
Back