UFC's biggest stars are below 155 pounds....Deal with it

its okay buddy, boxing will still carry on as it always has....people like you been saying it will be dead for years. You must have missed Grove/Froch 2 which sold out Wembley stadium in England last year, but its okay.

ROFL, scrubs? 2.1 million is actually pretty big deal considering HBO is an exclusive channel unlike Fox or CBS. Also, boxing has come back to national TV...CBS, SPIKE etc...It's actually in pretty good standing.

UK card? scrubs.

Example from LAST YEAR? Exactly, boxing is dead.

2.1 million viewers a big deal? RIP

Growing up in Thailand with muaythai and TKD since I was a kid, Boxing eventually looked like pro-wrestling to me. Just not practical. That, and MMA came along. I think Lewis VS Tyson was the last time I truly cared. Don't get me wrong I still buy the big fights till today, and I greatly admire Mayweather's defense. I've been watching his tapes for years.

But man, he's the last one left. After he retires, boxing is dead.

None of the scrubs u listed can carry the torch. Even Pacquiao did what, 500k buys carrying a card? Come on now. Canelo's last fight wasn't even on PPV. Wasn't even available here.

Okay I just looked it up- they broke almost a decade's worth of record on HBO... drawing 2.1 million viewers! ROFLMAO. RIP in Peace. Dieded Laughing.

I'm out.

You are wrong. Boxing has plenty excellent and exciting fighters left.

GGG, Crawford, Errol Spence, Inoue, Canelo, Cotto, Roman Gonzalez, Kell Brook, Lomachenko and many others. Things are really picking up, this year looks like it'll be great. GGG vs Lemieux, Cotto vs Canelo, Inoues comeback, possible Inoue vs Gonzalez, Spence getting a top 10 opponent, and so forth.

How is boxing not practical? I like TKD, but I have a hard time seeing how TKD training, sparring and fighting are more practical.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are wrong. Boxing has plenty excellent and exciting fighters left.

GGG, Crawford, Errol Spence, Inoue, Canelo, Cotto, Roman Gonzalez, Kell Brook, Lomachenko and many others. Things are really picking up, this year looks like it'll be great. GGG vs Lemieux, Cotto vs Canelo, Inoues comeback, possible Inoue vs Gonzalez, Spence getting a top 10 opponent, and so forth.

How is boxing not practical? I like TKD, but I have a hard time seeing how TKD training, sparring and fighting are more practical.

On its own? not at all. Still more than boxing of course, but not comparable to muay thai. Mix TKD in with some muay boran and you're hitting people from angles and distances they can't compute.

Bring your boxing to thailand and find out. Or go to any local khai muay that's not run by a farang. Or look up Ali VS Inoki. The GOAT boxer got royally fucked by the pro wrestler, with rules that favored the boxer.

In regards to the scrubs u named. Hit me up when someone breaks a million buys k?

Cotto VS Canelo is one to look forward to but it wont draw big.

Nobody truly cares anymore. We got Mayweather VS Pacquaio. There's nothing left.

The mainstream is already calling for Ronda to beat Mayweather's ass. She also won the ESPY over him. That's right, a woman beat one of the boxing GOATs for the award.

Rip in peace boxing, rip in peas.

On its own? not at all. Still more than boxing of course, but not comparable to muay thai. Mix TKD in with some muay boran and you're hitting people from angles and distances they can't compute.

Bring your boxing to thailand and find out. Or go to any local khai muay that's not run by a farang. Or look up Ali VS Inoki. The GOAT boxer got royally fucked by the pro wrestler, with rules that favored the boxer.

In regards to the scrubs u named. Hit me up when someone breaks a million buys k?

Cotto VS Canelo is one to look forward to but it wont draw big.

Nobody truly cares anymore. We got Mayweather VS Pacquaio. There's nothing left.

The mainstream is already calling for Ronda to beat Mayweather's ass. She also won the ESPY over him. That's right, a woman beat one of the boxing GOATs for the award.

Rip in peace boxing, rip in peas.

Ignorant AND arrogant, well done.

I don't care for PPV buys, I care for excellent fighters and fights. What makes boxing effective, just as with Muay Thai, is the full contact sparring and fighting. The problem with TKD is primarily the competition rules. Same with Karate. It leads to some very bad habits. Most TKD guys are not prepared for or used to being hit in the face.

I enjoy all forms of martial arts and have a lot of respect for them. A lot of the great thais incorperated pure boxing into their fighting style. Like Somrak Khamsing or Samart Payakaroon.

I've trained both Karate(as a kid), Thai, Boxing, MMA and my GF is a TKD redbelt, so I've been around enough to see the strenghts and weaknesses of the respective arts.

You guys are fuckin dicks dude lol! :)

I for one though think middleweight and welterweight is the best right now. Middleweight is fuckin scary right now though. So many sharks.

If there are sharks then Weidman is the mother fucking Loch Ness. They are not getting past him.

UFC just bleeds are irate

Quick, someone name me a HW not named Brock Lesnar that was a good draw.....don't worry I'll wait

Randy? I agree though. HWs have been less than entertaining to the masses for some time now. Big guys are going for higher paying sports. Smaller guys have fewer options when it comes to professional sports.

Ignorant AND arrogant, well done.

I don't care for PPV buys, I care for excellent fighters and fights.

well then, wrong thread. wrong discussion.

well, if dillashaw puts on a run like floyd's, yeah i bet

It's because casual fight fans don't have these weird size fetishes like the hardcores. They want INTERESTING fighters, and then good fights in that order.

Right now, Conor and RR are simply more interesting then the rest, it's not because of their size. And HW MMA has pretty much always lacked real star-power, Brock was already a star and doesn't really count.

It's because casual fight fans don't have these weird size fetishes like the hardcores. They want INTERESTING fighters, and then good fights in that order.

Right now, Conor and RR are simply more interesting then the rest, it's not because of their size. And HW MMA has pretty much always lacked real star-power, Brock was already a star and doesn't really count.

I think you have that backwards, casuals generally like bigger fighters because people are impressed by size.

Hardcore fans appreciate smaller fighters because they usually have better technique.

The only reason Ronda is as popular as she is is because she's a woman.

agreed, lighter weight guys just fight better.

Manlets.... Smh

Lol at this forum allowing manlets to start threads.

It would be great to see the percentage of posters that use this term that technically meet whatever the actual criteria is. I'd be willing to bet it's pretty high because we know nobody ever falsely represents themselves on the internet. :rolleyes:

It would be great to see the percentage of posters that use this term that technically meet whatever the actual criteria is. I'd be willing to bet it's pretty high because we know nobody ever falsely represents themselves on the internet. :rolleyes:

I respect anyone who is willing to clown on themselves.
You should actually study the percentage of hypocritical posters that use contradictory logic to arrive at convenient conclusions.

QPwvzp8.jpg

Back