UFC's biggest stars are below 155 pounds....Deal with it

KoreanZawmbie

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Just as it is in boxing, it has become that way in MMA.

Reason? Lighter guys fight better, more exciting, also more of the talent is coming in the way of smaller dudes.

Conor/Mendes (B level sub) did nearly a million buys, Ronda Rousey consistently puts 500k+ ppv buys, and has a 900,000 one attached to her name.

TJ Dillashaw just did 3.5 mil on Fox.

Lol....Yet UFC 187 headlining AJ/Cormier (title fight), Weidman/Belfort (title fight), Arlovski/Browne, and Cerrone only did 500K buys.

Lighterweight guys are much more exciting and technical. it's been this way in muay thai, and mex/japanese pro wrestling for many years already.

And b4 someone calls me a MM, yes I'm 5'10 160ish pounds so i am a smaller guy as well.

This explains why Demetrious Johnson is the biggest star in the UFC.

160ish ? You could probably cut down to 135 or even 125, so yes you're a Midget Mouse in power.

No wonder you love these miniaturized "athletes" (D-level), it's association.

Also, didn't Brock Lesnar sell the most PPV's? I'm pretty sure he weighs more than 160.

Cus jones is gone. Chuck is gone. Tito is gone. Brock is gone. Rampage, meh. Gsp gone. Diaz gone i think.

Must piss alot of fans on here off that two biggest mma stars are in divs the dont even want in UFC.

Gross. Now all the small people are going to come in this thread to rally.

I agree TS.

And I'm 6'3", 85kg... It's almost as if I like the smaller fighters for the reasons you listed, not because I feel some weird size based camaraderie.

Bones vs DC got 850 without a world tour , kanye west song or wrapped buses

Reasons—Conor McGregor's amazingly entertaining and Ronda is Ronda.

It has nothing to do with their size.

Bones vs DC got 850 without a world tour , kanye west song or wrapped buses

800k and they had a ton of promo for that fight.

Ronda and McGregor are bigger stars than Jones.

UFC just bleeds are irate

Quick, someone name me a HW not named Brock Lesnar that was a good draw.....don't worry I'll wait

Why are short people so upset with the world?

I didn't actually think anyone cared how big or small the fighters were (Aside from 125...). Why bring attention to this other than to defend your own insecurities?

Back