UFC300 card is disapointing so far

It's disappointing. Wanted title fights I give a shit about. Zhang and Yan + the make a wish belt for gaethje and max?
Whack.

If Dana didn’t act like it was gonna be the greatest card put together a lot more people would like it.

Completely disagree. This card is amazing. There may not be an A+ main event, but this is arguably the deepest card we've ever seen in MMA. Jim Miller-Bobby Green might be opening the prelims, ffs. We don't even have the main event yet, and the card already looks like this:

Weili-Yan
Gaethje-Max
Oliveira-Arman
Jiri-Rakic
Aljo-Kattar
Bo-Brundage
Deiveson-Garbrandt
Holly-Kayla
Sodiq-Diego
Andrade-Marina
Miller-Green

Anyone complaining about this card makes me wonder if they're actually a fan of the sport.
You get gaethje, max, jiri, and charles 4 of the most exciting fighters of all time and people STILL complain holy

If Dana didn’t act like it was gonna be the greatest card put together a lot more people would like it.
This. Expectations set up by him and then subsequently the fans doomed it. Expectations have gotten to an unattainable level. Think vastly different reaction if this was any other card.

Here’s the way I see it

Max vs Gaethje
Armen vs Charles

Are incredible fights

Jiri vs rakic
Kattar vs aljo
Bobby vs Jim
Zhang vs yan
Diego vs lopes

Are great fights

Andrade vs marina and Cody vs fig are fun

Kaylas debut is intriguing

And bo getting a quick highlight finish will be fun

There’s not a single fight im willing to miss

I mean, look at the UFC100 and 200 cards

you got fights like (jones) AS vs cormier , lesnar mir, gsp alves, bisping hendo, lesnar hunt, aldo edgar

This UFC300 card is quite disapointing so far, gaethje vs max is the only fight im excited for

Honeslty DDP as a main event is hilarious, he barely deserve to be on the card, so as the main event ....
stop living in the past. UFC 300 also doesnt have Shamrock vs Gracie, Don Frye, etc

As long Rakic or Jiri don't get injured and Arman and Oliveira fight, it is okay but obviously not amazing.
Imo Dana should have put some Title fights on this one, don't know if some champions weren't open to fight on the date but having at least 2-3 popular division title fights should have been the choice for a big event like this.

it's def not a great card

sure there are big names to appease the casuals, but the one-sided matchups make the hardcore fans cringe

Rodriquez headlined 3 of her last 4 fight nights.
Now that she and Andrade are coming off wins, I could definitely see them headlining together.

The most recent she headlined was by accident because evloev pulled out of his fight with evloev. Another of the 3 was again, by accident, because dillashaw pulled out of a fight.

Maybe you could see them headlining a fightnight, but it's a stretch for me. Maybe if the actual main events pulled out....

We still need a main to push 300 over the top, but even now, still blows 200 out of the water.

Back