"UFC

My opinion is that the next Fox card will see a boost in ratings if its well placed and features fights that deliver. The last card was pretty exciting (despite that the main event was just a five round one sided beating) and people are discussing it much more commonly than events 2-4.

we already saw a boost, ufc on fox 5 (bendo vs diaz) did 4.4 w/ a peak of like 5.6! This article was written before then!

we already saw a boost, ufc on fox 5 (bendo vs diaz) did 4.4 w/ a peak of like 5.6! This article was written before then!

It did well, because Diaz and Penn sell fights, and the card overall had great, exciting athletes on it. My point is that the steam from that success should continue to build viewer interest for Fox 6.

The slump in ratings was largely due to the snoozefest that was Fox 2.

The UFC was destroyed in that article. Decent hit piece.

I read it. Decent piece.

stating the obvious. We all know they spread themselves further than their pool of talent allows. You want to sell a card, stack the card. They got too ambitious. Instead of spreading the same product to more viewers, they spread out the product to too many formats. What did they think would happen. And most of their champs have cleaned out their divisions too.

The douche called Vitor a walking speed bag tough talk coming from a someone who works behind a desk.

Poorly written piece that brings up some decent (albeit obvious) points. Doesn't really offer real insightful commentary or provide anything that the average hardcore didn't know/couldn't discern for themselves.

Also just Rios is still a hack.

It's going to be in bad shape when UFC on FOX 6: Dodson and Johnson gets less than 2 million views.

this article lost me when it mentioned how TUF had less viewers than when it was on spike

no fucking shit lmfao. Spike is in WAY WAY WAY more homes than FX is. Shit even the bellator 360 special drew almost as many viewers as tuf did on fx iirc

TS is a clear hater posting this bullshit article.

PPV buys are up in 2012 with less shows and lots of injuries, not to mention the last FOX card done really well and according to Dana the relationship with FOX couldn't be better.

And its quite remarkable considering GSP fought once and there was no Brock.

2010 is the real standout year but that was because GSP fought twice, Lesnar fought twice, Silva fought twice, Rampage-Evans rivalry and even Penn was fighting for titles.

And 2009 was only really great because of UFC 100, you take that out the equation and it was a very similar year to 2012.

The Boxing fans on this site are unbearable at times, worry about your own Sport because its clearly not in its prime and its only getting worse.

TS is a clear hater posting this bullshit article.

PPV buys are up in 2012 with less shows and lots of injuries, not to mention the last FOX card done really well and according to Dana the relationship with FOX couldn't be better.

And its quite remarkable considering GSP fought once and there was no Brock.

2010 is the real standout year but that was because GSP fought twice, Lesnar fought twice, Silva fought twice, Rampage-Evans rivalry and even Penn was fighting for titles.

And 2009 was only really great because of UFC 100, you take that out the equation and it was a very similar year to 2012.

The Boxing fans on this site are unbearable at times, worry about your own Sport because its clearly not in its prime and its only getting worse

No there not. Average is slightly up.

No one is talking about boxing but you and it's doing just fine.

this article lost me when it mentioned how TUF had less viewers than when it was on spike

no fucking shit lmfao. Spike is in WAY WAY WAY more homes than FX is. Shit even the bellator 360 special drew almost as many viewers as tuf did on fx iirc

No it isn't. FX is pretty basic cable. Definitely the same category as Spike.

Both are in like 90 million homes.

They are earning more money, with less fights. And that's just the ppv.
They are consistently at the top of the illusive 18-34 demographic on tv.
Yeah, it's all going down the toilet.

No there not. Average is slightly up.

I saw figures on 2012 being equal to 2011 a couple of events before end of year. You were all over that thread too, so you must have seen it. Where are your figures?

And I still don't see why you get such a hard on trying to prove that the UFC is fading.

I saw figures on 2012 being equal to 2011 a couple of events before end of year. You were all over that thread too, so you must have seen it. Where are your figures?

And I still don't see why you get such a hard on trying to prove that the UFC is fading.

It was predicted by the TS to equal the amount of 2011. It wasn't currently equal.

I just post numbers, facts, and articles. It's not my fault people get mad about it. You can take it however you want or believe whatever you want about me..

What is Tomas Rios' problem with the UFC?...every once in awhile I'll see a thread about an article he wrote and always seems to come of extremely bias

Now that its 2013 and the UFC is no longer being broadcast on SpikeTV you could argue that there will be less confusion and it could be trending upwards.

Back