UFC won't pay their fighters, so they go on hiatus, retire, or go to another org.

Ufc pays now more than ever.

Lotta entitlement going on and its just the way of the world right now. All this indicates is ufc is affected as well.

Last edited:
Arguments can be made each way all day, but the bottom line is the UFC's job is to put together the fights people want to see, and it's not been doing a great job lately.

not really true, also other orgs allow you to have sponsors.

that reebok money aint shit
So does UFC you just can't wear them during fight week plenty of Fighters still have sponsors sponsorship money is not what the promoter pays you UFC pays more as a promoter than any other organization

No, actually, I haven't. Sure, when an athlete reaches retirement age, they need to branch out. In the meantime, they have already dedicated a huge portion of their life to becoming a professional fighter in the Major League of MMA. Do you think Mousasi is going to become an investment banker, or the Diaz brothers are going to become Insurance executives?

young fighters? Go back to the original post and look at the list again.

Word is the Diaz brothers have a strong business going. That could be nonsense, I don't know. Between them they've made many millions in the UFC. They should never have to work again. Just how much money SHOULD they have gotten?

Mousasi is 33. When I was that age I moved into transaction processing with absolutely no prior experience and ended up with a strong six-figure income... Until that industry collapsed and I had to find something else.

Anyone younger than forty is relatively young. The thing is, most fighters just don't have it to do something else, and I don't think it's the responsibility of the industry to set them up for life. They have to know going in that it's a TERRIBLE career choice and something of a lottery. Only a small percentage of fighters are going to make decent money and a minuscule percentage are going to get wealthy. They know this, and they choose it. Some because they can't do anything else, some because they're REALLY good and they think they have a shot at the big money.

Could the UFC pay more? I'm sure, and they will. UFC pay has been raising steadily since the first TUF, and it's raised by an order of magnitude in the last decade for prelim fighters. I remember in a thread like this years ago when guys were skill getting paid 1k/1k I asked what would be acceptable for prelims, and most people said 5k/5k would be good. We're at more than three times that now on average, and people still complain. Apparently the magic number is MORE. MORE than what they're getting now. Just yesterday someone posted a thread stating how UFC pay was a joke, and he set what he thought should be the minimum rates. The numbers he gave were lower than what the fighters are actually getting paid now. I couldn't believe it.

So to sum up, it's a shit job, they should probably be paid more, and they should definitely get out if they're in it for the money unless they're incredibly good (and marketable).

"more" does not equal "enough".

Wal-mart pays "more" than K-Mart.
Fighters cpuld get 99.8% of the profits and still wouldn't be enough for them they overvalue themselves for the most part. The guys who actually draw know their worth and will get what they want because they know they're worth. most people aren't worth what they're being paid cuz they don't draw shit

UFC won't pay their fighters, so they go on hiatus, retire, or go to another org..

- Holm on the shelf - contract dispute
- Nunes on the shelf - wants more money to fight
- Khabib - not being paid enough to consider fighting at the moment
- Conor, Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz not fighting because UFC is cheap
- GSP retired because UFC wouldn't come to terms for proper compensation on a Khabib fight
- The #1 Middleweight in the world, Mousasi, fled to another org to get paid.
- The #1 Flyweight in the world, Mighty Mouse, fled to another org to get paid.

I could probably go on, that is just off the top of my head.

gsp didnt retire cause of pay he retired cause he wasnt gone fight again.

khabib was suspended not over a contract

amanda is hurt and cant fight at ufc 237 like the plan is so her and holly will wait until later in 2019

conor isnt fighting cause he was suspended.

the diva brothers are retired cause they dont want to fight any more.

I've always said fighters getting paid is bad for the fans. Looks like we're seeing why.

Now you’ve really done it TS. You’re gonna have the shills scrambling looking to spin every point you made in the UFC’s favor. It’s never the UFC’s fault. They never underpay. Professional fighters just don’t want to fight!

how do you underpay conor at 3 million or nate diva at 2 million

UFC won't pay their fighters, so they go on hiatus, retire, or go to another org..

- Holm on the shelf - contract dispute
- Nunes on the shelf - wants more money to fight
- Khabib - not being paid enough to consider fighting at the moment
- Conor, Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz not fighting because UFC is cheap
- GSP retired because UFC wouldn't come to terms for proper compensation on a Khabib fight
- The #1 Middleweight in the world, Mousasi, fled to another org to get paid.
- The #1 Flyweight in the world, Mighty Mouse, fled to another org to get paid.

I could probably go on, that is just off the top of my head.
Why is Khabib not fighting cause of money? The words out of his own mouth said he fights for legacy, not money.

Oh yea I forgot he is suspended 9 months for attacking a cornerman, but wont fight for 12 months cause he has to cock cuddle his teammate who got suspended for 12 months for suckerpunching a fighter in the cage.

Fuck the cheap ass UFC and fuck hypocrite Khabib.

So does UFC you just can't wear them during fight week plenty of Fighters still have sponsors sponsorship money is not what the promoter pays you UFC pays more as a promoter than any other organization

I sell commas, hyphens, and periods.

Seems like OP had an agenda and completely made up that several fighters were holding out for more money to strengthen his argument despite it being inaccurate

Last edited:
Conor-McGregor-15.png
the only reason that guy was paid a bit was because he made the ufc hundreds of millions of dollars

Moose avoided the fight against Rockhold and ran to Bummator because he knew he'd have to fight Romero, then Rob after it. That in itself was too much to ask for from such a fighter. Apart from Jacare and Uriah beating his ass, Lyoto kicked his ass also and is 1-0 against him

tbh mousasi was decisioned by lyoto, tapped by jacare and ko'd by uriah hall. he did avenge the latter though

The UFC will pay fighters what they believe they are worth. To be a top paid UFC fighter, you have to have the full package like The Reaper (graceful out the cage and respectful, an active animal in it, with literally nations behind you, can sell out events faster than rock stars - that to me is to me the full package).

Where as guys like Moose left at a great time, he didn't have a big backing of paying pundits, but he also left when his stocks were high and he didnt have to fight the next level of competition.

Go somewhere else and get paid.

MMA fighters have a pretty short shelf life on average.

Paid* just prove how stupid you are. Well I mean you have to be stupid to feel the way you do.

That's it lmfao????
I bury your whole dumb argument and all you can do is correct a spelling mistake?
You're pathetic lol

Mouthguard.JPG

How much does it cost to fix their teeth, $10,000? $20,000?

How long before they can start enjoying cheeseburger without pain?

That isn't really how adult life works.
Yes, actually it is. Being an adult is accepting responsibility for your decisions. They chose to chase a dream that they knew doesn’t have the best pay. Adult life is realizing when something isn’t cutting it and applying yourself in a different direction, not waiting for your boss to miraculously wake up one day and pay everybody a hell of a lot more than they ever have.

Back