UFC won't pay their fighters, so they go on hiatus, retire, or go to another org.

Lol.

Who’s not getting paid what they’re worth?

No one is leaving other than georges and that’s not because of money.
Dude go back and read the fucking OP.
Please don't talk to me again, you're a straight moron.

Last edited:
NOBODY is holding a gun to their heads making them sign the contract. This shit about pay is getting old now. THEY signed the contracts, THEY knew about the payscale before they decided to do this for a living.

So to spell this in crayon for the young who plan on doing this for a living, THE PAY SUCKS UNLESS YOU'RE A TOP NAME!!!!!!!

Dude go back and read the fucking OP.
Please don't talk to me again, you're straight moron.
The op is filled with bullshit.

Lol. I could give a fuck about you.

Lol pathetic. I’ve seen better shilling on mmafighting. Step it up kid. That’s lazy.
giphy.gif

right, so what part of what i said is innacurate..?

great argument you put forward there, really showing your intelligence, great work

the UFC pays according to how attractive you are to draw casuals. you don't talk shit, you don't get paid. That's why Mcg has that preference because he draws people.

Eh, pick a different career if you don’t like the pay.

Lol at McGregor and lol at Gegard being number one middle weight
He was a gatekeeper
You also can’t just leave you have a contract
Nunes is hurt and Holm is waiting for nunes
Gegard probably wouldn't be the champion right now but you never know. He was on a 5 fight win streak when they let him go instead of paying him better.

NOBODY is holding a gun to their heads making them sign the contract. This shit about pay is getting old now. THEY signed the contracts, THEY knew about the payscale before they decided to do this for a living.

So to spell this in crayon for the young who plan on doing this for a living, THE PAY SUCKS UNLESS YOU'RE A TOP NAME!!!!!!!
Here comes the “they didn’t force them to sign the contract.” So let’s just ignore the near-slave like contracts, the numerous attempts to bury the Ali Act, the blurry line between employee and independent contractor that the UFC creates, and the piss poor revenue percentage that fighters receive right? It’s all good because they signed the contract right?? All these tactics are ignored because they “knew” what they signed for right??

right, so what part of what i said is innacurate..?

great argument you put forward there, really showing your intelligence, great work
Everything. That whole post was pure bullshit. You don’t talk to the fighters. You don’t know shit that’s going on. You just made up a whole list of people’s current emotional state as if you’re friends with them lol.

MMA in general needs to pay more but the UFC pays better than almost all other orgs in almost every situation. Usually if someone is getting more money in Bellator its because the UFC didnt want them at that price.
As for people holding out or not fighting, thats the Mcgregor effect and its a good thing. Fighters are realizing they have more control, power and options. This type of behavior is a small step toward unions or at least collective bargaining.

It sucks as a fan but i cant be mad that fighters are forcing the UFC to pay them more.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm just over MMA but the fighters now and the cards are all shit it seems.

UFC won't pay their fighters, so they go on hiatus, retire, or go to another org..

- Holm on the shelf - contract dispute
- Nunes on the shelf - wants more money to fight
- Khabib - not being paid enough to consider fighting at the moment
- Conor, Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz not fighting because UFC is cheap
- GSP retired because UFC wouldn't come to terms for proper compensation on a Khabib fight
- The #1 Middleweight in the world, Mousasi, fled to another org to get paid.
- The #1 Flyweight in the world, Mighty Mouse, fled to another org to get paid.

I could probably go on, that is just off the top of my head.

It's not just about what the organization pays, it also has to do with endorsements.

Khabib has been talking about quitting for awhile and retiring to with a perfect record,

Nick and Nate haven't fought in years and honestly are not relevant in the sport today,

Conor made bank off of his Mayweather fight and was beat pillar to post on his UFC return. No way the UFC is going to give him what he thinks he is worth for what could be his last fight should he lose.

GSP walked away from the sport for three years and came back for a one off. What upside for the business is there in an employee who could walk away again,

MM was traded, although I am sure he had a say in it,

Mousasi is enjoying being a free agent,

Nunes is the first two division female champ and SHOULD renegotiate her contract,

Holms......eh.

Lol at McGregor and lol at Gegard being number one middle weight
He was a gatekeeper
You also can’t just leave you have a contract
Nunes is hurt and Holm is waiting for nunes
Holm should spare us that beating.

Rory left over money as well

Stipe is sitting on his hands because he wants a high paying title shot

What I find bizarre is how exactly they can "sit out". Don't get me wrong, i think the fighters deserve to get paid more but they have iron clad contracts that define their show and win money and PPV points if any. The only thing the contracts don't include is guaranteed performance bonuses.

Any yet they can sit out and demand more money than they signed a contract for.

A little bizarre

And yet they pay wayyyyyyyyy more than every other org out there.
not really true, also other orgs allow you to have sponsors.

that reebok money aint shit

All the highest paid fighters in MMA are in the UFC.
If UFC fighters think they'll make more money by not fighting and using that as a negotiating tactic it won't work as no one else is going to pay them any more.

Everything. That whole post was pure bullshit. You don’t talk to the fighters. You don’t know shit that’s going on. You just made up a whole list of people’s current emotional state as if you’re friends with them lol.

so you still havnt come up with anything specific to contradict what I said

If you are incapable of actually putting forward opposing views and arguing the case then im just going to put you on ignore.

This misses the point, UFC pays more from top to bottom. A handful of guys however, may make more elsewhere because they can't earn a UFC title fight but are top of the food chain if they go to a smaller promotion.
"more" does not equal "enough".

Wal-mart pays "more" than K-Mart.

Back