UFC vs WWE drug testing

WWE has a 3 strike policy
but there are ways to get strikes removed

its pretty shady tbh

I don't think they even test alot of people, guys like john cena and triple h are roided to the gills, and they work year round so they can't cycle off it much, if they were testing for real 99% of their workers would be suspended. I also have heard the WWE let hulk hogan have some jobber piss in a cup for him. I don't know if they even test the piss, I heard everyone pisses hot and they only bust the guys they want to.

To be fair to Benoit (and I can't believe I said that), didn't he do he did what he did not because of the roids, but because of the brain damage from concussions and unprotected chair shots to the head?

To be fair to Benoit (and I can't believe I said that), didn't he do he did what he did not because of the roids, but because of the brain damage from concussions and unprotected chair shots to the head?

Possibly a combination. He was going through something like three weeks-worth of roids a week (given he was using a dodgy doctor, I dare say that weeks-worth was probably overly generous as it was), along with taking chair shots to the head and landing flying headbutts every show. There'll have been painkillers too.

WWE has a wellness policy but a lot of guys failed the test and continued to work. They have the policy because of the kiddies and it's a billion dollar business. They have to do something. They can't feed spoon feed the dudes with super sauce backstage and risk another Benoit. They'll loose the pg 13 demographic.

Also, take in consideration. This is Vince at the age of 70.
vincemandf2.jpg

He's a genetic jackhammer.

The WWE one's actually legitimate. It just has ridiculous pass marks that allow plenty of juicing. If you fail that, you deserve your suspension.

That said, it's not fairly applied, as people like Randy Orton should have been fired by now, having failed three tests (or more).

I swear all of his fails are for cannibus. Also if you complete a program you can get a strike removed and if you go a number of months without a strike you can get one removed.

I don't think they even test alot of people, guys like john cena and triple h are roided to the gills, and they work year round so they can't cycle off it much, if they were testing for real 99% of their workers would be suspended. I also have heard the WWE let hulk hogan have some jobber piss in a cup for him. I don't know if they even test the piss, I heard everyone pisses hot and they only bust the guys they want to.
That story can't be true since they didn't drug test back then.

And they would never bust randy Orton if that was true since he is one of there golden boys. Also Jeff Hardy was a huge draw and they busted him and released him.

Both orgs have fighters that are clearly juicing and not getting popped.

I believe both are conveniently not catching certain people.

A bunch of people ill informed on this topic posting.

The new UFC drug testing regulated by Jeff Novitzky and implemented by USADA will be 100% legitimate.

The old UFC drug testing was a complete joke.

People who were naive as hell before are now being super skeptical, it's cringing to watch when many people were saying for years what was up before a number of high profile busts.

You do realize that HH has worked for them after the drug testing began, right? He wasn't just there in the 80s.

Hulk hogan had 2 matches in 2006. One at wrestlemania 22 and one at summerslam. The wellness policy was introduced in February of 2006 and would only test active performed on the roster, not performs on legends contracts. I was a Hardcover wrestling fan before I started watching MMA and still follow it closely today through Podcasts, Forums, and news websites (can't watch it though, find most of it to be trash) so trust me, you're not telling me any news.

Hulk hogan had 2 matches in 2006. One at wrestlemania 22 and one at summerslam. The wellness policy was introduced in February of 2006 and would only test active performed on the roster, not performs on legends contracts. I was a Hardcover wrestling fan before I started watching MMA and still follow it closely today through Podcasts, Forums, and news websites (can't watch it though, find most of it to be trash) so trust me, you're not telling me any news.

I am not just talking about the current drug testing, there has been drug testing in the WWE ever since the Vince McMahon steroid trial.

Per what other posters have stated here, the WWE Wellness Policy is a joke. Certain guys have been caught numerous times for certain substances, go off TV for a couple months and then come back when things die down. From what I've read, wrestlers are more worried about testing positive for recreational drugs like pot than they are for other things.

Not to mention that WWE keeps their guys on the road 250+ days a year, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to deduce that they're using chemistry like HGH to stay ripped for the cameras. The Wellness Policy is just a nice way of acting like they care about their athletes and trying to prevent another Chris Benoit episode.

Per what other posters have stated here, the WWE Wellness Policy is a joke. Certain guys have been caught numerous times for certain substances, go off TV for a couple months and then come back when things die down. From what I've read, wrestlers are more worried about testing positive for recreational drugs like pot than they are for other things.

Not to mention that WWE keeps their guys on the road 250+ days a year, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to deduce that they're using chemistry like HGH to stay ripped for the cameras. The Wellness Policy is just a nice way of acting like they care about their athletes and trying to prevent another Chris Benoit episode.

So, they get suspended?

Back