UFC vs WWE drug testing

matt35750

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Do you think UFC's new drug testing will be fake and easy to get around like the WWE's "talent wellness program" drug testing?

The WWE one's actually legitimate. It just has ridiculous pass marks that allow plenty of juicing. If you fail that, you deserve your suspension.

That said, it's not fairly applied, as people like Randy Orton should have been fired by now, having failed three tests (or more).

Are steroids banned in WWE? Im just curious, might sound stupid, but its not like they are actually competition in the normal sense like they do in boxing or MMA. I know that dude that did the shooting star press got fired from the WWE for cannabis.

The WWE one's actually legitimate. It just has ridiculous pass marks that allow plenty of juicing. If you fail that, you deserve your suspension.

That said, it's not fairly applied, as people like Randy Orton should have been fired by now, having failed three tests (or more).

Actually there's a caveat for removing a strike through completion of a program.

Are steroids banned in WWE? Im just curious, might sound stupid, but its not like they are actually competition in the normal sense like they do in boxing or MMA.

No one wants some steroid monkey body slamming them or roid raging and suplexing them onto their head.

Are steroids banned in WWE? Im just curious, might sound stupid, but its not like they are actually competition in the normal sense like they do in boxing or MMA. I know that dude that did the shooting star press got fired from the WWE for cannabis.

It has to do with a steroid scandal in the 90s where WWE was accused of selling steroids to Pro-wrestlers and also with the death of certain professional wrestlers being linked to steroids and drugs.

I always thought that with them having to change their name from WWF (b/c World Wildlife Fund) to WWE that they didn't have to test because they weren't trying to "trick" people into believing they were an actual sport. By being classified as "entertainment" they wouldn't have to test for any drugs?

Wait,the WWE actually test for drugs??

I always thought that with them having to change their name from WWF (b/c World Wildlife Fund) to WWE that they didn't have to test because they weren't trying to "trick" people into believing they were an actual sport. By being classified as "entertainment" they wouldn't have to test for any drugs?

None of that is related.
They admitted they were entertainment in the 80's.
They don't have to test for anything, they did it on their own.
They also pay for any performer that ever wrestled for them to go to rehab if needed - voluntarily

You'd need to take a lot of drugs to watch that WWE shit

No but the Benoit murders made people think it was "roid rage" and not long after a bunch of wrestlers were busted getting steroids and pills from a doctor in Florida. So they implemented after a congress investigation.

WWE has a 3 strike policy
but there are ways to get strikes removed

its pretty shady tbh

I didn't know they had a drug testing policy. You learn something new every day

I haven't followed WWE in awhile, but when I was watching Orton had only been busted twice.

RAW_1118_Photo_115-3689322461.jpg

Ryback: "Feed me more!!!!"

WWE Universe: "Er, what exactly?!!?"

I doubt the wwe will really enforce anything but if them taking an anti drug position keeps some idiot teenagers away from roids I'm all for it. The ufc's on the other hand has got to be fool proof or the sport will never evolve beyond the stigma it has built its self over the last decade. It doesn't even matter if other orgs do it, if the UFC sets the standard it places them firmly at the top of the heap until every one else follows.

There's an anti doping program in pro wrestling? For what reason?

No but the Benoit murders made people think it was "roid rage" and not long after a bunch of wrestlers were busted getting steroids and pills from a doctor in Florida. So they implemented after a congress investigation.

Yeah I guess, but when I think if that Benoit thing, I think of CTE and what's happening to football players like Junior Seau.

WWE has a wellness policy but a lot of guys failed the test and continued to work. They have the policy because of the kiddies and it's a billion dollar business. They have to do something. They can't feed spoon feed the dudes with super sauce backstage and risk another Benoit. They'll loose the pg 13 demographic.

Also, take in consideration. This is Vince at the age of 70.
vincemandf2.jpg

Back