UFC talent pipeline

fighters_respect

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
UFC inherited amazing fighters like Dustin Poirier from other promotions. As well as recruited amazing fighter's from The Ultimate Fighter.

Once Poirier retires. Who replaces these great fighters

Will the UFC be able to recruit more great fighter's recruited via these methods, like Poirier, Diaz, Sanchez, Ferguson.

Will Raul Rosa's Jr be able to replace some of these legends?

I've honestly completely lost touch with what regional promotions are still out there. With the UFC flooding the market with events and having to carry enough fighters on the roster to fill them it kinda feels like there's not a ton of room for decent regionals to thrive.

UFC inherited amazing fighters like Dustin Poirier from other promotions. As well as recruited amazing fighter's from The Ultimate Fighter.

Will the UFC be able to recruit more great fighter's recruited via these methods, like Poirier, Diaz, Sanchez

SLAP gonna bleed off that talent.

Slappers don't have to worry about cardio -- living the dream!

Will the UFC be able to recruit more great fighter's recruited via these methods, like Poirier, Diaz, Sanchez, Ferguson.

I dont really get the question.
Ufc will get new fighters and to do so they will pick them from other promotions.
They have a constellation of promoters, managers, regional promotions, that they keep under their wing, to fill up the roster.
They ll do that to the end of times.

They will recruit from the prisons.

The UFC didn't inherit Poirier from another promotion. He was in the WEC which was owned by Zuffa.

PKy9McI.gif
PKy9McI.gif
PKy9McI.gif

I dont really get the question.
Ufc will get new fighters and to do so they will pick them from other promotions.
They have a constellation of promoters, managers, regional promotions, that they keep under their wing, to fill up the roster.
They ll do that to the end of times.
Apart from Umar Nurmagomedov
Or Archie Colgan
Which fighter's from other promotions are good enough to sign for the UFC?

And is this big enough to fill the void of UFC legends leaving. Eg:
Diego Sanchez - retired
Nate Diaz - retired
Poirier - mentioned retirement
Ferguson - a UFC legend from TUF but won't last forever

Also is The Contender series enough of a pipeline for great UFC fighter's?

Apart from Suga Sean O'Malley, Jack Della Maddalena, and Johnny Walker. I don't really recognise any of the other recruits as a casual. Also Greg Hardy

Are the up and coming prospects going to be not as good as legends like GSP and Jones, goat level, or else even not as good as the Pride level? There has always been a big name like GSP, McGregor, Jones to carry. What will happen when all these retire.

Also UFC signed MVP after MVP done a boxing tour, then Bellator fights, and I think they left it late, also with Pereira too. And Ben Askren

Apart from Umar Nurmagomedov
Or Archie Colgan
Which fighter's from other promotions are good enough to sign for the UFC?

And is this big enough to fill the void of UFC legends leaving. Eg:
Diego Sanchez - retired
Nate Diaz - retired
Poirier - mentioned retirement
Ferguson - a UFC legend from TUF but won't last forever

Also is The Contender series enough of a pipeline for great UFC fighter's?

Apart from Suga Sean O'Malley, Jack Della Maddalena, and Johnny Walker. I don't really recognise any of the other recruits as a casual. Also Greg Hardy

Are the up and coming prospects going to be not as good as legends like GSP and Jones, goat level, or else even not as good as the Pride level? There has always been a big name like GSP, McGregor, Jones to carry. What will happen when all these retire.

Also UFC signed MVP after MVP done a boxing tour, then Bellator fights, and I think they left it late, also with Pereira too. And Ben Askren

I spoke about this years back about how the UFC benefited from other promotions grooming their talent. And since its grown big and swallowed up many smaller promotions, its putting on b league events and grooming in house talent.

If you're interested here's my list of my personal top 100 prospects outside the majors at the moment. For the purposes of it the majors are classed as the UFC, PFL/Bellator, ACA, ONE, KSW and RIZIN so fighters currently signed for those promotions aren't listed.

The lightweight division already has Arman, Gamrot, Fiziev, and BSD. They are the younger talent and I would pick Arman and Gamrot to beat Poirier right now.

I've honestly completely lost touch with what regional promotions are still out there. With the UFC flooding the market with events and having to carry enough fighters on the roster to fill them it kinda feels like there's not a ton of room for decent regionals to thrive.
Would much rather UFC co-promote with regionals more (as they kind of do with Fight Pass) and scrap the shitty Apex events.

Back