News UFC Signs Chinese Fighter Sasha Palatnikov

Not sure what surprised me more...

The fact that the Chinese fighter has a name like Sasha Palatnikov, or that it turned out to be a guy who kinda looks like Khabib.
Wtf He look nothing like khabib

I identify as Hong Kong.

Shahbazyan caused a minor diplomatic incident when he entered the cage with a Nagorno-Karabakh flag recently. Ended in him losing his Reebok money and some 20 year old UFC employee getting the heave-ho.

Forewarned is forearmed I guess.

The biggest surprise in this thread is the name to region connection. The second biggest surprise is how many people just learned that Sasha is not a female name for Russians

Unbelievable. Sherdog is pretty insular in general. A lot of the folks who frequent this site are parochial, insular American neckbeards who know nothing about the rest of the world.

Thought it would be a girl when I clicked the thread
Oddly enough, Sasha is short for Alexander in a lot of places while Sashka is the female equivalent of Alexandra. Seems like only in America fine ass blonde white girls get named Sasha, with absolutely no shortening involved.

Oddly enough, Sasha is short for Alexander in a lot of places while Sashka is the female equivalent of Alexandra. Seems like only in America fine ass blonde white girls get named Sasha, with absolutely no shortening involved.
Very true, Povetkins nickname is Sasha if I'm not mistaken. I, too, pictured a trim blondie lol

Probably the most Chinese sounding and looking guy on the planet. And 5-2? Fuck me, why?

Oh, I get it. He has SLAVIC ethnicity, but he is geographically based in China.

(I wish some of YOU Simple Simon motherfuckers would get it)

That's interesting. Never heard of ethnic Russians from Hong Kong before. Apparently he was born and raised there; I wonder who his parents are and how did they get there during the Soviet era.
There is this kinda mini-article about him https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/insignificance/64411.html guy learned about Palatnikov's existence through video games (Palatnikov played football so he is included in some football manager games), also says that Palatnikov holds Australian citizenship.
I tried to find something about his family some time ago, didn't find anything but found out (in some video interview) that he served time in prison, so probably some visa ussues incoming?

Chinese ? Hong Kong ? Russia Guy? Wtf?!! Im already interested
<Dany07>

The biggest surprise in this thread is the name to region connection. The second biggest surprise is how many people just learned that Sasha is not a female name for Russians
There is mma fighter from Germany named Sascha Sharma and musician named Sascha Konietzko, so I think it's not only for Russians/Slavs.

Back