News UFC Signs Chinese Fighter Sasha Palatnikov

Exactly. I was like “I hope she’s hot!!!” Haha. The non-comprehension lasted about 10 seconds while I was thinking “why would they show a picture of her coach?”
In his underwear ready for a whack session no less!

China Government ain't gonna let him come out with a Hong Kong Flag. :rolleyes:

Be it any where in the world. UFC will cave in.

Last edited:
That's interesting. Never heard of ethnic Russians from Hong Kong before. Apparently he was born and raised there; I wonder who his parents are and how did they get there during the Soviet era.

That's interesting. Never heard of ethnic Russians from Hong Kong before. Apparently he was born and raised there; I wonder who his parents are and how did they get there during the Soviet era.

there are different racial groups everywhere. what a weird thing to say that you didn't know there were any russians that grow up in china.

The biggest surprise in this thread is the name to region connection. The second biggest surprise is how many people just learned that Sasha is not a female name for Russians

A chinese fighter with a Russian name than looks like he's from the US.

giphy.gif

Not sure what surprised me more...

The fact that the Chinese fighter has a name like Sasha Palatnikov, or that it turned out to be a guy who kinda looks like Khabib.

there are different racial groups everywhere. what a weird thing to say that you didn't know there were any russians that grow up in china.

Nothing weird about that. Hong Kong is a pretty unusual place for Russians to immigrate to, especially back in the 70's/80's.

Hes 5-2 with his best win being over 9-6 Sung Won Son.

I spend an unhealthy amount of time watching MMA and I have absolutely no idea who this guy is.

Back