UFC shoving Israel down ppl throats. hes not that impressive

• Thread starter Deleted member 556651
  • Start date
The UFC is trying hard as fk to push this guy down our throats but if you take out all the hype talk and look at his fighting abilities, hes pretty average. he had barely beat 50 years old anderson, he has no chin and was knocked down 20 times by someone as tall as his thigh. he has no power, no wrestling and no grappling. hes Darren Till 2.0 barely beat Wonderboy ( a good striker ) and was about to get koed stiff 3 times by a striker half his size. he will get demolished pretty soon. i think the UFC is now basing hype on how someone looks and talk not their fighting abilities.

The man is a way worse fighter/version of Conor in term of fighting ability but still getting th UFC push. hes fighting guys half his size and hes still having a very hard time while winning mostly decisions. no power no flashy finishes just decisions of boring 50-50 striking matches that becomes exciting due to his opponents going aggressive.

Doing some anime moves between rounds and after a fight LOL is impressive son. those anime moves are probably more entertaining than his actual performances (his opponents are the ones making the fights exciting). the ufc is trying to push him down people throats like they did Darren Till and Conor before him. out of the three Conor had actual fighting potential.

very average performance by adesanya imo.

Conor > Israelx5 and im a conor hater.

I don’t think Conor was champ with in a year and some 2 months of being in the UFC.

I don’t think Conor really fought as frequently as Adesanya with in the 1st year.

Note- I’m comparing their 1st 6 fights with in the UFC, and factoring the time line. Izzy has not yet had as many fights in the UFC as Conor.

Conor has accomplished a lot more at this point, but skill wise.. izzy is undefeated

Thing is 185 is weak and he's going to probably be champ for a while even if he doesn't get much better. This makes me wary of the insufferable GOAT bandwagon of Jones haters that is inevitably going to form. Can just sense the Jones hating carpenters building the wheels on that thing even as we speak.

Jones was the GOAT early in his reign cause he did incredible things against the best fighters in his divisions history during their primes. Israel isn't going to really have any challenges. He's a 185'er who's taller and longer than most HW's, advantages that are even more insane than Jones's were that his haters still won't stop bitching about(which is ironic af). He's rising the same time all the divisions other stars are falling. He's just in a great situation and I don't see him losing for awhile think Gastelum was the best shot to beat him(Romero is 43, don't see how Romero is going to get a title shot in time to be a serious threat).

Izzy has 1 knockout loss in a combined 136 pro/amateur kickboxing/mma/boxing bouts. Get outta here.

But clowns like Perry and Covington have followers up here and hasn’t been “shoved down outlet throats”, right OP?
Again, many of you do not watch MMA for sporting purposes, but to exercise/confirm your worldview, and when it doesn’t, the second guessing and dismissing begins. It’s the reason only certain mediocre fighters can trash others demographically or culturally, and be hailed as “witty” up here. Two sides of the same coin.

The UFC is trying hard as fk to push this guy down our throats but if you take out all the hype talk and look at his fighting abilities, hes pretty average. he had barely beat 50 years old anderson, he has no chin and was knocked down 20 times by someone as tall as his thigh. he has no power, no wrestling and no grappling. hes Darren Till 2.0 barely beat Wonderboy ( a good striker ) and was about to get koed stiff 3 times by a striker half his size. he will get demolished pretty soon. i think the UFC is now basing hype on how someone looks and talk not their fighting abilities.

The man is a way worse fighter/version of Conor in term of fighting ability but still getting th UFC push. hes fighting guys half his size and hes still having a very hard time while winning mostly decisions. no power no flashy finishes just decisions of boring 50-50 striking matches that becomes exciting due to his opponents going aggressive.

Doing some anime moves between rounds and after a fight LOL is impressive son. those anime moves are probably more entertaining than his actual performances (his opponents are the ones making the fights exciting). the ufc is trying to push him down people throats like they did Darren Till and Conor before him. out of the three Conor had actual fighting potential.

Hmmm lets compare.

Connors first year in the ufc 2 fights. Brimage and a 20 year old max Holloway. 2 wins.

Israels first year in the ufc ? 6 fights and a interim belt.

So actually. .. Israel > connor 3x times at least.

No power ? No flashy finishes ? You are smoking something . See Brunson . see how many times Kelvin was dropped ? In round 5 nonetheles.

Israel is fighting guys half his size ??? I guess he does look like hell weighing in. Wait a minute . Thats was Connor at featherweight, i think you are confused .

1 fighter starves and dehydrates themselves almost to the point of collapse too make weight . The other guy weighs in 2 lbs underweight.

Yet Israel is the guy who is fighting guys * half his size * while being outweighed by his opponent. Lok You are so wrong im surprised your own keyboard didn't slap you.

Last edited:
it's better than others they've shoved down our throats in the past before they've done anything worth a damn. Paige vanzant, Sean o'malley, sage northcutt, etc/// at least Adesanya is proving he's legit as he's shoved down our throats

You do realize The Chris was winning most of his fights until he got KO'd. If his chin holds up he will beat Israel.
I feel that Christ will be one of Israel's easier matchups albeit a very interesting one. Weidman's chin/endurance ain't getting no better. And saying he was "winning" ain't saying much at all. He for certain wasn't dominating. He won't outpoint Adesanya on the feet. He will get kicked to the body and punched in the head. If he can't get the takedown he's fucked.

He's good, but he's not everything Jon Jones wants to be. Israel will never be as good as Jon Jones.

He doesn't cut weight to fight at MW, so how the fuck is he fighting people half his size? It's not height classes, it's weight classes.

Kelvin has one of the best chins at MW and he still dropped him 4 or 5 times, and it could have reasonably been stopped several times. Also he was trying submissions off of his back and stuffed most of the takedowns Kelvin tried. No ground game right?

If you pulled your head out of your ass and looked at his fights outside mma, he has plenty of flashy Ko's. He's an elite level kickboxer who's only recently turned to mma.

When Darren Till was given his opportunity for the title, he lost, Adesanya won.

kelvin win is legit. didn't finish him? almost killed kelvin.

Agreed OP.

Great take.

They should just not promote anyone.

I kind of feel the same way in terms of him not being that impressive electrifying realize to the hope he's getting, but if he somehow beats whitaker, can't do anything other than give him extreme praise, and jump on the bandwagon.

He is a bit overhyped to me. He's looked both good and okay against lesser comp in Brunson and Tavares. Then he looked good against Kelvin.

But he just hasn't fought the elites at MW. I don't think he beats Weidman, Luke, Romero, Rob, etc.

Guys like those would absolutely run through the fighters Izzy has faced. Rob has actually fought both Tavares and Brunson, and he KOd Brunson within a minute and Tavares within the first round, while Izzy needed a full 5 rounds to decision Tavares. I think that says a lot.

Back