UFC rankings updated - Cerrone drops down to 9th and Nate goes up to 5th

It looks pretty unorganized that some voters removed Cerrone from the rankings and some didn't.

I agree, but still people should understand the logic of these moves before they start yelling conspiracy.

Talk about reaching.

Cerrone lost last fight at 155
Diaz won last fight at 155

Who gives a fuck about these rankings anyway?

Surely these decisions should be unanimous. It looks pretty unorganized that some voters removed Cerrone from the rankings and some didn't.
Back yard ranking system.

It wouldn’t be called a vote if everyone agreed. They could tighten up the rules a bit, I agree.

anderson also magically jumped up two ranks as well

I am good with Nate being 5....Johnson was 5 and Nate beat that ass

Don't get dropping Cowboy though, not like he lost

Wasn't Nate removed from the rankings completely around the time of the RDA fight? Most people saw it as punishment for his contract disputes with the UFC than his fighting ability..

Wasn't Nate removed from the rankings completely around the time of the RDA fight? Most people saw it as punishment for his contract disputes with the UFC than his fighting ability..

Yep, they did that a few times if I recall.

Only takes 1 minute for Dana to tell his IT guy to edit the UFC website and remove someone from the rankings.

Last edited:
Lol UFC is reaching here. They put Nate at rank 5 because he's fighting Conor, so that small chance that Conor wins, his rabid fans will scream "He has xx of top 5 wins! HURRHURRHURR!"

TLDR - UFC rankings are a joke.

Are these UFC rankings? Didn't they do the same thing with Siver when they were feeding him to Conor?

I am good with Nate being 5....Johnson was 5 and Nate beat that ass

Don't get dropping Cowboy though, not like he lost

It's because a few media members took Cowboy off the Lightweight rankings and moved him to Welterweight. There's no conspiracy here.

Hmm I wonder why... :rolleyes:

CMxpbTJ.jpg

To be fair they didn't bump up Diaz, they dropped Cerrone. Everyone under him was bumped up.

Lol UFC is reaching here. They put Nate at rank 5 because he's fighting Conor, so that small chance that Conor wins, his rabid fans will scream "He has xx of top 5 wins! HURRHURRHURR!"

TLDR - UFC rankings are a joke.
If Connor wins he's a top 5 WW fighter. By UFC logic.

Dont agree with Cerrone being that low and definitley could switch up the top up a little bit but its not that bad

RDA
Ferg
Alvarez
Khabib
Pettis
Diaz
Cerrone
Barboza
Dariush
Johnson
This is terrible and the UFC rankings are terrible.

Cerrone was #2 in December when he fought Dos Anjos. Losing to the champ shouldn't drop him 7 spots. Especially when some of the fighters lost their last fight against non-champs.

Diaz has no business being ahead of Cerrone even with a win over Cerrone (4 years ago).
Barboza shouldn't be ahead of Cerrone; not with 2 losses in his last 3 fights.
Johnson being ahead of Cerrone is fucking dumb.
Khabib hasn't fought in two years. He shouldn't be ranked at all.
Ferguson and Alvarez deserve bumps, but so far?

This is terrible and the UFC rankings are terrible.

Cerrone was #2 in December when he fought Dos Anjos. Losing to the champ shouldn't drop him 7 spots. Especially when some of the fighters lost their last fight against non-champs.

Diaz has no business being ahead of Cerrone even with a win over Cerrone (4 years ago).
Barboza shouldn't be ahead of Cerrone; not with 2 losses in his last 3 fights.
Johnson being ahead of Cerrone is fucking dumb.
Khabib hasn't fought in two years. He shouldn't be ranked at all.
Ferguson and Alvarez deserve bumps, but so far?
Well most of what you said i do have. Fact is Cerrone hasnt beaten any of the top guys. Of the guys i ranked ahead of him hes a combined 1-4 and not one of those 4 losses i would consider a close fight. He was pretty much starched in all 4 losses and stopped twice in the first round. I wouldnt pick him to beat any of the fighters i ranked ahead of him other than an Alvarez rematch. And i agree with Khabib, but most people, including the UFC rank him, so i did as well

Cerrone shouldn't have bombed like that, I disagree with 9, but it is probably just because he fought at WW. For whatever reason when a guy fights in a different weight class they often drop in ranking in their original weight class. Maybe because they are not considered as much of a "contender" in that division if they are pursuing fights in a different weight class. Maybe it is shady politics... who knows?

But if you don't know that rankings are bullshit by now, well... you should. at this point I almost never even bother to look at rankings; I know who is good from watching them fight and seeing how they fare against different level opponents.

So Diaz was #6, beats Michael Johnson so gets moved to #5 - that seems fair to me.

Cerrone drops because he fought at WW. That usually happens when someone moves up but it is stupid.
Nate from unranked to 15 (vs Johnson) to 6 (after Johnson) to 5 (vs Conor), UFC doesn't give a fuck motherfuckers.

3090534_orig.jpg

Last edited:
Back