UFC rankings updated - Cerrone drops down to 9th and Nate goes up to 5th

Hmm I wonder why... :rolleyes:

CMxpbTJ.jpg

It is not that far of. After 2 years of inactivity you should normally be no organisations Top10 so I dont rank Khabib at all. But he well definitely get the chance to enter the top10 quickly with a win.

I would go with:

Champ: RDA

1. Eddie Alvarez
2. Pettis
3. Tony Ferguson
4. Cerrone
5. Nate Diaz
6. Michael Johnson
7. Dariush
8. Barboza
9. Melendez
10. Poirier

155 is just crowded with talent and I think the difference in skill in between the ranked fighters is nowhere smaller than at this weight class.

Well, Cerrone just fought at WW.
so?

nate already had his fight, why change his rankings again?

was this ranking updated this week? if so, thats clearly manipulated. but thats the case when mcgregor fights, i think something similar happened with siver

You guys like to read way too much into things. Obviously Cerrone dropped because he changed weight classes, I’m not even sure why he’s still on there. Diaz moved up a total of ONE spot because of Cerrone’s drop. That’s it.

So if Diaz wins March 5th how far will he fall down the LW rankings then? It will have to be as far as Donald did right?
It depends on the media members. Ask them. I imagine some would remove him. Some might consider this fight an exception and keep him at LW. Also, some media members might consider a win over Conor to be superior to a win over Alex Cowboy.

Nice to see Alvarez at 1 ... no one gave the guy a shot after the Cerrone loss and look at him now.. I'll admit I had my doubts too ...

Rankings don't matter

Khabib is the champion anyway, RDA is just the no1 contender

Dos Anjos is like the security guard at a museum.....yeah he's the one surrounded by all the priceless artifacts all day long but when it really comes down to it, the museums owner can separate him from those artifacts any time he wants and we all know who owns that museum ... The Eagle!
Who is khabib? Did he used to fight or something?

Nate should def be above MJ.

the ufc rankings are done by the ufc scientists who use very scientific calculations involving many different aspects of the mma competition. you noobs won't even understand the concept.

What's happend is multiple voters have taken Cerrone out of their Lightweight rankings (now that he's moved to Welterweight), and in turn Diaz's rating went up.

All the details are available on the website. There is NOT ONE voter who moved Diaz above Cerrone, only voters who've taken Cerrone out of Lightweight and/or moved him to Welter.

Nothing suspicious here.

Wow rankings are a joke. How is cowboy ranked below Barboza, that doesn't make sense in any galaxy.

Wow rankings are a joke. How is cowboy ranked below Barboza, that doesn't make sense in any galaxy.
It's like you don't even bother to read the other replies. It's pretty simple.

If people want to know the real reason this happened, it's because the following voters took Cerrone out of the lightweight rankings (now that he's moved to Welterweight).

- Mauricio Deho (UOL Brazil)
- Scott Fontana (amNewYork)
- Marcelo Russio (Canal Combate)

If people want to know the real reason this happened, it's because the following voters took Cerrone out of the lightweight rankings (now that he's moved to Welterweight).

- Mauricio Deho (UOL Brazil)
- Scott Fontana (amNewYork)
- Marcelo Russio (Canal Combate)
Surely these decisions should be unanimous. It looks pretty unorganized that some voters removed Cerrone from the rankings and some didn't.
Back yard ranking system.

Back