Media UFC ownership paid themselves $1.16 billion in dividends between 2005 and 2014; all UFC fighters made $250 million during this time period

This. Unionization is the reason we have the labor laws we have today. One union in an industry can help the entire industry (semi-localized) as private companies have to compete with union jobs for labor in the same field. It raises the bar across the board.

Unions ain't perfect, but go look at early industrial American history if you want a peek into muh free market economy. Miner towns, child labor, unsafe working conditions, massive income inequality, ect.

Companies had a chance at a relative free market back in the 1800s and proved they couldn't be trusted not to fuck over their fellow Americans for squeezing every bit of profit they could get away with. When employees finally got fed up and grouped together to protest? Ehh lol well just hire some Pinkertons to kill their organizers, fuck em.

lol

This info was part of the disclosures from the recent appeal in federal.

During this time period the majority owners were Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta.

Minority owners were Dana with 9%, and after 2010, Flash Entertainment, which is owned by the government of Abu Dhabi, owned 10%.

Edited the thread title to include fighter pay because most people here are incapable of reading anything other than the title before giving their opinion.

Who started the company?
Also, just because McDonald’s makes Billions every year doesn’t mean their fry cook should be equally as wealthy as the owner.

Who started the company?
Also, just because McDonald’s makes Billions every year doesn’t mean their fry cook should be equally as wealthy as the owner.

I don’t think anyone thinks that. It’s in the sporting world, where the labor pool is smaller. No one is also arguing that labor, players/fighters should make 50/50 either. But the fighters would need to unionize to make it 60/40, 65/35. The only thing the fighters do have in their favor, is there’s really only a couple big MMA companies now.

Sounds exactly like cooperate greed. It runs rampant in the USA and other parts of the world. It's sad how fanboys back this bullshit and they get f***ed in the a** just like the fighters. How much are you paying now a days for Dana and other mega wealthy to live the way they do? Fools.

move on to what else? starvation? you are advocating for coercion lol

How is that coercion? Dana White isn't forcing people to be fighters. This isn't the Roman Coliseum and these aren't slave gladiators. If you don't like the pay, don't sign the contract or negotiate

How is that coercion? Dana White isn't forcing people to be fighters. This isn't the Roman Coliseum and these aren't slave gladiators. If you don't like the pay, don't sign the contract or negotiate
no one is forced to be anything. however, that doesn't change the fact that they are coerced through the threat of starvation or homelessness, etc. to accept dog shit money because even peanuts is better than nothing. you could make this argument about any profession and itll always be retarded.

imagine a parent telling their kids "don't want to eat expired baked beans full of moldy dog shit? go hungry then. me feeding you this when i could easily afford a decent meal isnt my problem, its yours"

dana-white-i-dont-give-a-fuck.gif

no one is forced to be anything. however, that doesn't change the fact that they are coerced through the threat of starvation or homelessness, etc. to accept dog shit money because even peanuts is better than nothing. you could make this argument about any profession and itll always be retarded.

imagine a parent telling their kids "don't want to eat expired baked beans full of moldy dog shit? go hungry then. me feeding you this when i could easily afford a decent meal isnt my problem, its yours"
They didn't hire homeless people, many of these fighters have always had other careers going on

They didn't hire homeless people, many of these fighters have always had other careers going on
and they aren't paid the amount they're supposed to be there either. not that THAT would be the ufc's fault. it's the fault of the economic system in which the government happily applauds the exploitation.

everyone here would do the same

This info was part of the disclosures from the recent appeal in federal.

During this time period the majority owners were Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta.

Minority owners were Dana with 9%, and after 2010, Flash Entertainment, which is owned by the government of Abu Dhabi, owned 10%.

Edited the thread title to include fighter pay because most people here are incapable of reading anything other than the title before giving their opinion.

Hopefully the lawsuit is eventually resolved in favor of the fighters. But in general the fighters have to take their destiny into their own collectivized hands. How the pie gets divvied up should be part of the contract between a fighters union (or association or however they work it out) and the relevant promotion.

I grant that the lawsuit itself is a step in the right direction, but I'm skeptical that litigation can ever be a substitute for what the fighters could attain if they stuck together.

Thanks for the update.

If I had the chance to make 4x more than all my employees combined, considering I think I'm paying them a fair salary, you bet your ass I would take that cash.

But, if you called me a greedy motherfucker, I would not fight you over it.

By the way, I think they don't pay a fair salary to the bottom guys, they should get more.
But the fighters getting paid like 300k a fight I really don't care. That's more than enough money and I don't give a fuck Lebron or Messi make millions more. I make a lot less for the same two month period, so that's with what I'm comparing them.

This exchange pretty much sums up the mentality of the people who are still on the side of UFC ownership RE the revenue split after all the disclosures from the antitrust suit.

Facts don't matter. What's the point in arguing?

Why do people seem shocked by this????

It's the way business works, period. If the fighters made 500M and the owners made 900M or whatever then everyone would be happy or at what number?????

How do you think business owners get rich, it isn't by just handing out more money than what is needed to accomplish the task.

If the fighters don't do a damn thing about it why should fans care??? I expect any business owner to fully take care of themselves well above what they do with there employees. The business owners that don't usually struggle and go out of business.

P.S.: Look at all the orgs that had fighter pay over 50% of there revenue, all gone. None of them even had nickel hardly left to advertised they existed or any money left to grow the business. They all where like, build it they will come attitude. Fighter pay probably needs to be around 20% to 35% max for any org to have a chance to make money and grow.

Who needs paid shills when you have an army of halfwits that will take time out of their day to act as your personal internet sockpuppets for free?

This exchange pretty much sums up the mentality of the people who are still on the side of UFC ownership RE the revenue split after all the disclosures from the antitrust suit.

Facts don't matter. What's the point in arguing?

That is all great but why should fans care at this point? We don't control it. We've heard this for years.

Nash should be pounding the door down of every UFC fighter. Not comparing it to boxing or come off like fans just don't care. What the hell can we do or why should we do anything? This is the fighters battle and none of it is new outside of having it in black and white now.

Even the current lawsuit.................why at the same time are they not doing everything in there power to make this public information to current fighters and hound UFC fighters to get the ball rolling towards a union and leading that charge. I think it will get real interesting if the UFC offers the lawsuit clients a crazy amount of money to settle this lawsuit and see what they do. I know in past they said they aren't settling. But when a check for each individual for 100M or whatever is sitting in front of them your tune might change real quickly. The way this judge been talking he is making it pretty clear that this probably won't go well for Zuffa in his courtroom if it gets there.

Back