UFC on FUEL 8 WTF

I don't want to complain about getting to see a card like this for free but this is what I want to see out of the PPV cards, I want to pay 55 bucks for the above and I want to watch UFC 149 type cards for free.

This is what you say now, but wait until the card actually happens to see if it stays intact or is destroyed by injuries like UFC 149.
The original UFC 149 main card was
* Jose Aldo vs. Erik Koch
* Shogun Rua vs. Thiago Silva
* Minotauro Nogueira vs. Cheick Kongo
* Michael Bisping vs. Tim Boetsch
* Thiago Alves vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama

Seems like a nice card too, huh?

I agree. The current production is stale and uninteresting. I want shows to feel larger than life. Remain true to the brand and to MMA in general, but just make the production better overall. Make it like Pride.

So you want giant green monsters imposed on the screen? You want Lenne Hardt screaming like a mad man?

You basically want the Ufc to become more like pro wrestling.

Sorry but anyone who watched Ufc 129 and says production is stale compared to Pride has lost their mind.

That would be an extremely weak PPV IMO, Stann vs. Wand main event? I don't even think that fight should be co-main event on a PPV. It's a sweet free card though and would be a pretty good PPV if it had a legit main event.

What if Honda was the main event?

damn there stackin the fox cards hard now, cant wait to see gomi/sanchez, okami/lombard and wandy/stann, this card has so much potential I hope it comes through

Awesome card. 2013 should be a wonderful year for the UFC.

I don't know. Solid card for sure, but I'm just not feeling it the way most people are.

Lombard/Okami is the only real top 10 level fight on the card. None of the other fights overly excite me. Struve is going to beat Hunt and finally end people's Hunt's dreams. And I hope Gomi beats Sanchez.

I just feel like...

Stann KO's Wand ( I want Wand to win)
Struve subs Hunt ( I want Hunt to win)
Diego out-grapples Gomi (I want Gomi to win)

Hopefully I'm wrong though!

Def stacked, but I was more excited for Diaz/Benson, Penn/Macdonald, and Shogun/gusstafson

although BJ and Nate lost I still thinkitwas more stacked imo

This card demolishes 157, but don't have Fuel, so yee fucking haw.

UFC wants a big card in the market but the time difference they cant air it in primetime so that takes it off FX so it has to go on Fuel.

Card is obviously way too good for Fuel but this card is more about the market its in than the home viewing audience.

The main card is STACKED. Definitely has to be the most stacked cable card in the history of the sport right?

I don't want to complain about getting to see a card like this for free but this is what I want to see out of the PPV cards, I want to pay 55 bucks for the above and I want to watch UFC 149 type cards for free.

At any rate kudos to the UFC for giving Japan another fantastic card, cant wait until March, what a month!

tumblr_mapcwwZo1z1r3ty02o1_500.gif

The main card is STACKED. Definitely has to be the most stacked cable card in the history of the sport right?

Not even Pre-2006 Wandy, Hunt, and Gomi, and pre-Boetsch Lombard would make this the greatest card in history.

Edit: I will admit that it would make it significantly closer.

Last edited:
I dont find "brawlers" to be entertaining fighters... I only respect and like to watch fights with ppl that care about their career and not getting brain damage on purpose

Back