PBP UFC on Fox 31: Lee vs. Iaquinta 2 - PBP Discussion - 4pm ET/1pm PT/9pm UK

I only watched the co-main and main of the UFC tonight so not to get MMA fatigue. And man did both of those fights deliver the goods, switching over to the Bellator card fired up and ready. Thanks UFC.

Iaquinta had enough fight iq and urgency to know he had to finish strong so he went for it. That is what sealed the deal.

Grinds my gears when fighters don't have a sense of urgency to finish strong. Hendricks had a habit of this when he was champion.

Yeah looks like Kevin really smoked that "i won 1-3" pipe. Incredible.

Solid win, thought he lost at least 2 but still

People were sleeping on Al. You don’t go five rounds with Khabib on a week’s notice without being a beast.

I’ve said before, Al is a bad matchup for Lee. I wouldn’t count him out against Tony or Conor either.

Jesus! How the hell does Lee think he won that? He got wobbled a few times in a couple rounds and clearly lost 4 and 5

protecting the ego (self-bias)

first round could go either way I guess but I had Al taking it. I had it 48-47 Al. disagree with the 49-46 but it doesn't matter bc the right guy won.

Lee is a career man. His strategy is to not ackno
Surprised because of the 49-46 card, I'd say Lee definitely won 2 and 3, but Al won 1, 4 and 5.

Lee took Round 2. In Round 3, he didn't do much with his takedown, and Iaquinta outstruck him late.

Who wants to hit the town and beat up some durable hookers?

Can't believe Kevin Lee came to strike

Bangkok ready BTW

Just rassle, homie

Lee needs to chill the fuck out with the kickboxing

Lee obviously has the edge in the grappling and wrestling, so why not use it? Poor fight IQ.
Happy for the real estate salesman that told Dana to get phucked.

1513648446_maxresdefault.jpg

If only Lee put as much energy into his Takedowns as he did his dance moves making his way to the Octagon, he could have walked away with the W.

Kevin Lee's boxing is absolutely terrible. Al was lighting him up like a christmas tree. Not sure why hes so shocked at the decision.
Probably no accident that one of the commentators mentioned how it's easier to learn offense than defense.

Lee I think is a decently effective offensive striker- quick, powerful and long straight punches and high kick, but the difference in science was laughable tonight.

Good event. Nice posting gents. Off to watch that shit show Bellator

Kevin upgraded his Ferguson foot stomping tantrum to sitting sullenly in a corner.
<{cruzshake}>

Good fight from both guys though.

the only way they could promote a third fight is if Lee gets to the belt before Al and Al is next in line.

Tbh. Lee didn't look good. IDK if it was cardio or what, but he should've went for a lot more takedowns. Al clearly had the handspeed advantage. Lee also needs to work on his distance management. With the reach advantage he had, Al shouldn't have been tagging him as much as he did.

Props to Al, he's a fucking gamer.

It's gotta suck to get beaten up by a real estate agent.

Back