UFC on ESPN+ 26 Felder vs Hooker

She fights at 105. Yes! She is going to be at a size disadvantage.
Even at 105 5 ft 1 is short. Angela relies on her muay thai. Loma is a lot better at that.

Well Size confers specific advantages. Loma is very good with distance control so she will be at long range for kicking, or wrecking things in the clinch. Any power advantage is lost because Loma is better at range, good at closing the distance, better in the clinch, and quick to trip if she is in trouble with grappling.

There is no place in the fight where Loma won't have the advantage because Angela is very timid with her striking.
Loma's clinch work is great. I am hesitant we haven't really seen her grappling/takedown defense. If Hill uses a Greco-Roman grappling style it may utilize her size and trouble her opponent. I agree with you on Loma's trips but if she doesn't go to the ground and secure position after they may not score as much like in her Thai fights. I have a small bet on Hill but if Loma looks good on the scale and at the face offs I may play her points handicap as well. Anything else you like? Personally I think Felder has a good chance at upsetting Hooker with his similar Thai style.

Couple clips for anyone

You might be right idk. I will say she throws everything with intent. Personally I just hesitate on big size differences. I do like how the commentary from her last fight said she trained with men not other women at least in her Muay Thai career.
I'll dig up a few clip for anyone who hasn't seen both women.

On the feet I could see this being very close. Loma's ground game being untested makes me think Hill getting to full mount and playing big sister like she did to Cifers is possible though.

It is very possible. Little Looky's Muay Thai skills will have very little use when Hill eventually gets mount. Furthermore, anyone thinking about betting that the fight goes the distance might want to think twice.

It is very possible. Little Looky's Muay Thai skills will have very little use when Hill eventually gets mount. Furthermore, anyone thinking about betting that the fight goes the distance might want to think twice.
Hill won't get mount. At worst it will be a 50/50 standoff due to Loma's trips. Likely Loma will be on top.

The ufc just shared this to youtube. Gotta be honest small confidence increase in Felder.
Hooker shows the same tall man defense as Vick here and even got hurt by an early straight from Vick. The KO was impressive but you see him searching for that same shot the whole fight. The same shot Gaethje blueprinted and Koed Vick with. If Felder takes away Hookers kick range and forces trades in the pocket I think his defense is better and his short elbows and knees should give him the edge here.
That entry before the KO was sloppy Dan charges forward with his chin before he even started swinging.

*Edit haven't rewatched the Hooker vs Al fight but I have never rated Raging Al's striking honestly

Even at 105 5 ft 1 is short. Angela relies on her muay thai. Loma is a lot better at that.
Muay Thai in MMA is different. Gokhan Saki found that out the hard way vs both of his opponents in the UFC. Other Glory kickboxers found that out as well. Moreover, coach Del Fierro will have Hill mixing in takedowns.

Hate to keep harping on Loma vs Hill.
Just had another thought. Not sure if I'm right but I don't think Lookboonmee has every fought outside of her own country.
If so then that puts her on a short notice fight in a whole different time zone for the first time.
*Edit(Whoops it Hill who is the late replacement MY bad)

Last edited:
Brad Riddell went to war with Jamie Mullarkey. He landed the better shots through out, beat him down in the third and showed decent takedown defence.. But it was against Jamie Mullarkey, who's main feature is looking like an albino Charles Oliviera.

Mustafaev on the other hand came back from a long lay off against a thai boxing veteran with good power and fast hands and spin kicked his head off in less than a minuet.

Take your pick

Yeah going life and death with Mallarkey isn't the best look and this is a step up indeed. I think lines are fair as they stand

Riddell will improve though and is at a great camp. If you're really confident in this fact dog money might be worth a shot

i havent made as big of a bet as i have made on hooker... 14 units. holy shit, but im confident
200.gif

I'm putting about 35-40% of my bank roll on hooker.

Even if he 'loses' rounds he will get the Jones treatment.

Free money, once again
200.gif

Muay Thai in MMA is different. Gokhan Saki found that out the hard way vs both of his opponents in the UFC. Other Glory kickboxers found that out as well. Moreover, coach Del Fierro will have Hill mixing in takedowns.
Muay Thai is lot different to western kickboxing. Clinch is everything in Thai, and that obviously translates well into MMA.

Really cut I missed Kenans early odds at 1.71. Potter has zero head movement, chin is nothing special either, I have no idea how Pitollo didn't put him out. Although he was quite clearly gassed and preserving energy before that.
Song is more of a straight puncher, has great counters, the way he caught Nash and Aldana and put them out was smooth. If Potter walks into one of those, and he has to with his deffence lol, I think its lights out.

The ufc just shared this to youtube. Gotta be honest small confidence increase in Felder.
Hooker shows the same tall man defense as Vick here and even got hurt by an early straight from Vick. The KO was impressive but you see him searching for that same shot the whole fight. The same shot Gaethje blueprinted and Koed Vick with. If Felder takes away Hookers kick range and forces trades in the pocket I think his defense is better and his short elbows and knees should give him the edge here.
That entry before the KO was sloppy Dan charges forward with his chin before he even started swinging.

*Edit haven't rewatched the Hooker vs Al fight but I have never rated Raging Al's striking honestly

Felder attacked china doll glass chin of Vick's for 3 rounds and couldn't get a KO. Hooker dealt with him the same way others have, a quick KO. I'm unsure if Felder's strikes will bother Hooker as much as the other way around. Hooker the lengthier fighter too. And yet for some reason I'm not ultra confident in Hooker. Maybe the over in rounds will be offered at a good price or something.

I bet Angela smallish already, but she still hasn't left for New Zealand yet.

She's a 9x muay thai champion. You honestly think she is going to be at a size disadvantage against Hill?

9 time champion? I thought it was just 7. She'll clearly dwarf Angela. I'm hedging as we speak.

Short notice:
- Priscila Cachoeira in for Rachael Ostovich vs. Shana Dobson (3 weeks notice)
- Joshua Culibao in for Jamie Mullarkey vs. Jalin Turner (1 week notice)
- Angela Hill in for Hannah Goldy vs. Loma Lookboonmee (1 week notice)

I didn't know medals changed the physical size of the human. Learn something every day

Main plays on Hill, France, Yan and Hooker. My dog is Crute. I'm just going to avoid Sato-Pitolo, Song-Potter, Dobson-Cachoeira and Lima-Sosoli, hate to be harsh but these are bum fights to me, wont feel comfortable no matter where I cap them. I'm playing Mustafaev and Aguilar if they hit +100. I might play Meek once I look into that one a bit more, definitely would not play Matthews.

My point was Loma is a 9x champion despite being 5 ft 1. Height clearly doesn't have a negative impact on her abilities.

Hill is 35 years old.

Took the fight on 1 week notice albeit is still probably in shape from thrashing Cifers recently.

As of today, she was still in California.

She isnt a big/strong 115 lb like people seem to be suggesting.

She isnt a strong wrestler.

She doesnt have great cardio.

She can win a decision on volume.

Value side is clearly Loma imo.

Edit: pretty sure she is 6-7 in the UFC

Back