UFC on ESPN+ 26 Felder vs Hooker

Laughing my ass off at Hooker saying this is personal because Felder insulted his family name.
Dan the Hangman holding it down for all the working class Hookers out there<36>
The beef is as legit as the guys itt saying Jones was mad at Reyes for a bunch of bogus reasons and therefore 'motivated'.

Just finished tape on Hill vs Lookboonmee. Look is about the same size as Hill's last couple of opponents.

This is a very real possibility & why I'm not sure about betting -265 fight goes the distance. 5' 1" Little Looky could end up just like Hannah Cifers. On bottom with Hill in full mount pounding away.

This fight has split decision written all over it.

So far I've got to side with the Lookboonmee being too small for Hill.
Loma fought at atomweight before didn't she?
Another thought, I'm not sure but won't this be her first fight outside of Thailand?

Another thought, I'm not sure but won't this be her first fight outside of Thailand?
Jessica anavar was much bigger but Loma used technique to overcome what shouldve been an advantage.

He broke his arm in the first round of the lee fight when Lee dumped him so I excuse Mustafaev for that loss. This fight will be mostly on the feet until the Russian starts landing hard at which time Riddell will close distance and try to clinch against the fence. I think Mustafaev is good enough to avoid getting stuck at close range.

I just think Riddell currently lacks the speed and head movement to deal with the explosiveness of the Russian. His movements are linear and one dimensional for this opponent. Riddell would need a significant fitness advantage to pressure a decision if the 2nd and 3rd which he doesnt have yet. Riddell is tough as hell and I wish him the best

I never knew he broke his arm.

Could explain his poor performance. Lee was taking him down easily and Mustafaev also seemed to gas pretty easily

Several really good fights. What's the scoop on brad riddell? Mustafaev is a pretty savage striker with big blows elbows and kicks and power. He cuts opponents pretty easily and has won several fights by doctors stoppage due to cuts. He may not be great on the ground. Got taken down and choked out by kevin lee whom is a great grappler. I like the dude he's tough That last guy he ko'd with the kick was a beast I think
Brad has high level kickboxing. He's done a good job transforming a good MMA game from that base. He's still learning though. This fight is a pass for me. Doesn't Mustafaev have a Sambo/wrestling background?

Jessica anavar was much bigger but Loma used technique to overcome what shouldve been an advantage.
Jessica? Who? Alexandra Albu is a full time model & part time MMA fighter. Not even close to Hill in skill. I really don't think Albu has a lot of functional wrestling strength either. She has muscles from fitness modeling. Her muscles are more for show than function.

Fair point, I bet her against Albu. I just remember her struggling a bit with Albu's size/power late in the fight. You think Loma brings her t-shirt of power this time?

She's a 9x muay thai champion. You honestly think she is going to be at a size disadvantage against Hill?

She's a 9x muay thai champion. You honestly think she is going to be at a size disadvantage against Hill?

What does that have to do with her size? It's an indisputable fact that she's at a size disadvantage vs Hill and pretty much every SW on the roster.

I've got to brush up on tape for both women but yeah. The size may not matter as much but Loma being a bad ass doesn't change the fact she may be punching a little above her natural weight class. As far as I can see all her mma fights have been at 105 lbs with the exception being her last fight. So this is only her second fight at 115.
She did well to kick Albu's ass but you could tell the size difference affected her late in the fight.
Will the size help Hill? Maybe not but she will have height/reach and probably 10-15 extra pounds on fight night because Loma probably doesn't cut much if at all.

What does that have to do with her size? It's an indisputable fact that she's at a size disadvantage vs Hill and pretty much every SW on the roster.
Ok I guess I'm completely full of crap. Her trips won't make any difference in the clinch. Neither will her elbow heavy clinch, and lower center of gravity.

Fk me, I'm a retard.

Any thoughts pn aguilar vs tukhugov? I find it difficult to rate how good tukhugov really is. His last performance vs Murphy was very underwhelming.

Ok I guess I'm completely full of crap. Her trips won't make any difference in the clinch. Neither will her elbow heavy clinch, and lower center of gravity.

Fk me, I'm a retard.
I don't think anyone is calling you retarded or full of crap. Loma has some beautiful muay thai. That fuck you trip she threw Albu down with was beautiful stuff. Still you could tell she didn't want to go to the ground. So we have a elite striker with a limited ground game fighting above her weight class.
Loma might just slice Hill open like Hill did to that girl in Mexico but it won't be easy. Lomas striking could be alot better than Hill's but I think there will be a power difference. Just my two cent Loma maybe fighting an up Hill battle here lmao

I don't think anyone is calling you retarded or full of crap. Loma has some beautiful muay thai. That fuck you trip she threw Albu down with was beautiful stuff. Still you could tell she didn't want to go to the ground. So we have a elite striker with a limited ground game fighting above her weight class.
Loma might just slice Hill open like Hill did to that girl in Mexico but it won't be easy. Lomas striking could be alot better than Hill's but I think there will be a power difference. Just my two cent Loma maybe fighting an up Hill battle here lmao
I honestly think Loma will have the power advantage. She is a lot better at closing the distance with striking.

Couple clips for anyone
I honestly think Loma will have the power advantage. She is a lot better at closing the distance with striking.
You might be right idk. I will say she throws everything with intent. Personally I just hesitate on big size differences. I do like how the commentary from her last fight said she trained with men not other women at least in her Muay Thai career.
I'll dig up a few clip for anyone who hasn't seen both women.

On the feet I could see this being very close. Loma's ground game being untested makes me think Hill getting to full mount and playing big sister like she did to Cifers is possible though.

Loma is live against Angie imo

Riddell > Mustafaev

Mustafaev has a whopping 3 minutes in the octagon since 2016. He will be tough in round 1 but then

Underdogs wooooo

I think people forget how good Mustafaev is because he fights so infrequently. If he can get in the cage regularly then he's a top 15 quality guy imo, maybe top 10.

Couple clips for anyone

You might be right idk. I will say she throws everything with intent. Personally I just hesitate on big size differences. I do like how the commentary from her last fight said she trained with men not other women at least in her Muay Thai career.
I'll dig up a few clip for anyone who hasn't seen both women.

On the feet I could see this being very close. Loma's ground game being untested makes me think Hill getting to full mount and playing big sister like she did to Cifers is possible though.

Well Size confers specific advantages. Loma is very good with distance control so she will be at long range for kicking, or wrecking things in the clinch. Any power advantage is lost because Loma is better at range, good at closing the distance, better in the clinch, and quick to trip if she is in trouble with grappling.

There is no place in the fight where Loma won't have the advantage because Angela is very timid with her striking.

She fights at 105. Yes! She is going to be at a size disadvantage.

Back