UFC on ESPN+ 26 Felder vs Hooker

Seems kind of hard to avoid a kickboxing match with Edson. I thought Paul did well to pressure forward and crowd the kicker.
That and he used a slick check to break his opponents momentum in r1 I believe. Edson landed a beautiful body kick and went for another, Felder used a leg block on the opposite side to check the kick and keep pushing forward.
High level striking offense and defense in my opinion. Not sure if he can do the same here in front of the Auckland crowd but his pressure and tenacity impressed me last time.

Ah my bad, still haven't taped this fight, my memory had Paul holding centre but not closing the range

I will say Felder leaves himself open on entries but so far I haven't seen him quit
and given the chance he throws elbows like straights

Great check around r2.5 of the second Edson fight, worst highlight of Felder but this was titled "ever kick Barboza landed on Felder"

This last one wasn't what I was looking for but I'd say the man leaves it all in the octagon

Last edited:
I'm not as confident as a lot of comments so far on lookboonmee. I was a big supporter and bettor before the Albu fight (3u I think) and while she did well she was still very much a skillful muay thai stylist but with low volume and low aggression. The commentators really flattered her that fight. Angie will up the pace considerably and wont crash distance getting stuck in the clinch. Yes it is a possibility the thai will counter every straight right Angie throws but I think its more likely Hill out volumes her at range. Wouldnt be surprised with a GNP finish.

I'm not as confident as a lot of comments so far on lookboonmee. I was a big supporter and bettor before the Albu fight (3u I think) and while she did well she was still very much a skillful muay thai stylist but with low volume and low aggression. The commentators really flattered her that fight. Angie will up the pace considerably and wont crash distance getting stuck in the clinch. Yes it is a possibility the thai will counter every straight right Angie throws but I think its more likely Hill out volumes her at range. Wouldnt be surprised with a GNP finish.
She kept range, avoided Albu's power, and beat the snot out of her in the clinch. That should have been a stylistic deathmatch for Loma who was still very green in her MMA training.

Lookboonme is literally a gym rat living, and training at TMT every day. She will have improved a lot since the Albu fight. Lookboonme/Hill is a complete mismatch.

She kept range, avoided Albu's power, and beat the snot out of her in the clinch. That should have been a stylistic deathmatch for Loma who was still very green in her MMA training.

Lookboonme is literally a gym rat living, and training at TMT every day. She will have improved a lot since the Albu fight. Lookboonme/Hill is a complete mismatch.
This is a really definitive statement (complete mismatch!) and balllsy bet so I give you props for putting it out there. Unfortunately for one of us, I think even an improved Loma will be competitive but still at a disadvantage to Angela's experience and well rounded game. I'll just post my comments here that I was about to post separately.

Loma is small at 5'1", and inexperienced in MMA at 4-1. I know she has a lot of muay thai experience but her best win in MMA is Aleksandra Albu. I think she'll be relatively competitive for a while, but Angela Hill is bigger, so much more experienced, should do well on the feet even if Loma negates her clinch to an extent and surely a much better ground game. I'm surprised the degens aren't jumping all over Angela at -185, especially with the recency bias of her winning us a bunch of money.

I disagree that it should have been a death match. Many people here bet on her because Albu is more model than fighter and let's face it is pretty shit. Hill is at least decent coming of an impressive display.

Loma is thai, she has lived in a gym probably since 8yrs old. 300 fights by 22 yes that's her life. It doesnt mean she is an mma world beater. She needs to get rid of the thai habit of using the first couple rounds as a warmup. I expected her to be more aggressive than she was. She is serviceable on the ground but will focus on her plodding standup.

I agree it is a mismatch but not in the Thais favour

Just finished tape on Hill vs Lookboonmee. Look is about the same size as Hill's last couple of opponents.

This is a very real possibility & why I'm not sure about betting -265 fight goes the distance. 5' 1" Little Looky could end up just like Hannah Cifers. On bottom with Hill in full mount pounding away.

Anyone can tell me where I can watch past fight videos?UFC fightpass doesnt work in my country anymore.I know mma-core, but it doesnt satisfy me well.

Albu was throwing very fast, and accurate strikes whenever openings popped up, and had a significant strength advantage.

If you are familiar with Loma you would know that her MMA training only really started 2 years ago. She is a gym rat and never takes time off. Improvements since the Albu fight should be evident.

Loma has better kicks, accuracy, power, distance control, excellent trips from the clinch, and is really good at covering distance. Hill's size won't be a factor.

Youre banking on her improving that much in what 4-6 months? Indont remember when the Albu fight was, but she kept spamming the same move over and over throwing a punch and falling into the clinch as a safe space. Hill is a much more athletic and technical fighter than Albu. It's not close.

Tempted on Riddell. Couple of strong guys fighting out of Aucklands City Kickboxing, Riddell, France and Hooker with Adesanya and Volkanovski on the team.
Should be a strong showing for the CK team but they are up against stiff competition.

Albu was throwing very fast, and accurate strikes whenever openings popped up, and had a significant strength advantage.

If you are familiar with Loma you would know that her MMA training only really started 2 years ago. She is a gym rat and never takes time off. Improvements since the Albu fight should be evident.

Loma has better kicks, accuracy, power, distance control, excellent trips from the clinch, and is really good at covering distance. Hill's size won't be a factor.
hmm I think you are very optimistic, Hill gets exactly the fight she excells at, a kickboxing match while having a significant reach advantage.

Pitolo-Sato at even money, what I'm missing? Pitolo is a bum and even looks chinny.
Sato got a pretty hard fight with Belal and even won a round, got hit pretty hard and was there all the time, very good cardio, pitolo was gassed out, good wrestling but give the back a lot but training with Usman just gonna get better.

I'm confident that Sato gonna get better and better but I dont trust Pitolo to do the same. Sato in the debut got a weird dude, with nasty striking and chinny and got a finish, Pitolo got a chinny bad striker and almost got finished.

what am I missing here?

Finished my work on Hill and Loma. A lot of discussion already has here. Long in short: I am on Hill, definitely.One, Hill has wayyyy better move on the feet than loma,she moves very activity and fast,in and out.Loma just backs up and waits for a counter. I don't think she can counter successfully considering the speed Hill has.Two, Hill's volume is wayyy higher than Loma 's, She keeps throwing Punchs, She never stops. This will be a big advantage on the scorecard.
So in all, I think Hill will win Comfortably and easily.

Pitolo-Sato at even money, what I'm missing? Pitolo is a bum and even looks chinny.
Sato got a pretty hard fight with Belal and even won a round, got hit pretty hard and was there all the time, very good cardio, pitolo was gassed out, good wrestling but give the back a lot but training with Usman just gonna get better.

I'm confident that Sato gonna get better and better but I dont trust Pitolo to do the same. Sato in the debut got a weird dude, with nasty striking and chinny and got a finish, Pitolo got a chinny bad striker and almost got finished.

what am I missing here?
Sato was outstruck by saunders in the first round. That was enough for me to avoid this fight all together.

Laughing my ass off at Hooker saying this is personal because Felder insulted his family name.
Dan the Hangman holding it down for all the working class Hookers out there<36>

Several really good fights. What's the scoop on brad riddell? Mustafaev is a pretty savage striker with big blows elbows and kicks and power. He cuts opponents pretty easily and has won several fights by doctors stoppage due to cuts. He may not be great on the ground. Got taken down and choked out by kevin lee whom is a great grappler. I like the dude he's tough That last guy he ko'd with the kick was a beast I think

Several really good fights. What's the scoop on brad riddell? Mustafaev is a pretty savage striker with big blows elbows and kicks and power. He cuts opponents pretty easily and has won several fights by doctors stoppage due to cuts. He may not be great on the ground. Got taken down and choked out by kevin lee whom is a great grappler. I like the dude he's tough That last guy he ko'd with the kick was a beast I think
Riddell has some solid boxing. He fights out of City Kickboxing with Hooker, Izzy, France, and Volkanovski. I thought his debut was pretty solid showing good power and solid boxing technique, though he did seem to run out of steam a bit in the 3rd.

Last edited:
He broke his arm in the first round of the lee fight when Lee dumped him so I excuse Mustafaev for that loss. This fight will be mostly on the feet until the Russian starts landing hard at which time Riddell will close distance and try to clinch against the fence. I think Mustafaev is good enough to avoid getting stuck at close range.

I just think Riddell currently lacks the speed and head movement to deal with the explosiveness of the Russian. His movements are linear and one dimensional for this opponent. Riddell would need a significant fitness advantage to pressure a decision if the 2nd and 3rd which he doesnt have yet. Riddell is tough as hell and I wish him the best

Back