UFC on ESPN+ 26 Felder vs Hooker

Just watched a few of Josh Culibao fights on YouTube. He is Jalin Turner's new opponent. He is 8-0 and well regarded on the Australian scene. The problem is he is a featherweight coming up to 155 and he is not a huge featherweight to start with. Mainly a striker he will struggle big time getting close to Turner. His striking looks ok but that's against absolute bums. He likes throwing in the pocket up against the cage and has good success there but once again, someone with the footwork and length of Turner should light him up on the outside. I cant see Culibao replicating the success of Luque catching Turner over the top with his chin up, he wont get close enough. Also he is not a wrestler like Frevola who can take the fight to the matt and make it scrappy.
Will be interested in the odds, may have a nibble at turner if the odds are decent

I like Hooker as a fighter a lot, but Felder most likely gonna be there for the full duration of the fight. The guy has insane chin, has good cardio and will try to win until the last minute. Yeah, his boxing is fucking overmatched here by a lot. Hooker is gonna fuck him up there. But Felder has been in UFC for a while, have the experience... this easily can turn into war. I would like Hooker if he was cheaper. I favour him to win, but anyhing big on him at that price seems a bit risky. Hooker is a proven finisher, but he is not too good at winning rounds. Vs Al it was easer because it was very comfortable match-up. Almost every Felder fight is a war, winning or losing. Who was the last guy who ran through Felder? Massaranduba. And he was the only who finished him. By a nasty cut. But he was as strong or maybe stronger than Felder physically and he had better clinch game. Hooker has good clinch, but is he stronger than Felder? We'll see. Proceed with caution, guys.

What about this fight Crute v Oleksiejczuk? Crute is the underdog and I think this shit should be at pick em or maybe even Crute as a slight favourite? Oleksiejczuk is a nasty striker, but he is small for the weightclass and is at big athletic disadvantage vs. most of the LHWs, and vs Crute for sure. I'll have to admit I didn't wrote my homework on Crute, but as I remember he has at least serviceable striking and a good chin. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I like Hooker as a fighter a lot, but Felder most likely gonna be there for the full duration of the fight. The guy has insane chin, has good cardio and will try to win until the last minute. Yeah, his boxing is fucking overmatched here by a lot. Hooker is gonna fuck him up there. But Felder has been in UFC for a while, have the experience... this easily can turn into war. I would like Hooker if he was cheaper. I favour him to win, but anyhing big on him at that price seems a bit risky. Hooker is a proven finisher, but he is not too good at winning rounds. Vs Al it was easer because it was very comfortable match-up. Almost every Felder fight is a war, winning or losing. Who was the last guy who ran through Felder? Massaranduba. And he was the only who finished him. By a nasty cut. But he was as strong or maybe stronger than Felder physically and he had better clinch game. Hooker has good clinch, but is he stronger than Felder? We'll see. Proceed with caution, guys.

What about this fight Crute v Oleksiejczuk? Crute is the underdog and I think this shit should be at pick em or maybe even Crute as a slight favourite? Oleksiejczuk is a nasty striker, but he is small for the weightclass and is at big athletic disadvantage vs. most of the LHWs, and vs Crute for sure. I'll have to admit I didn't wrote my homework on Crute, but as I remember he has at least serviceable striking and a good chin. Thoughts?

Why post insight if you haven't done your homework on one half of a fight? Thoughts? Come back when you have finished the job

Why post insight if you haven't done your homework on one half of a fight? Thoughts? Come back when you have finished the job
Watched tape on Crute. He is very raw. Odds might be right. He shoud be the underdog, not big underdog, tho. Interesting, Oleksiejczuk was -225 at opens, public bet against him to put him @ -155. Oleksiejczuk seems more composed, like he really knows what to do and how to do it. He hit a wall in OSP, who is a freak athlete and is a long time UFC veteran. But he still whooped his ass before he gassed himself out. Crute will have to be a lot better than he showed so far to get the W.

P.S. For some reason I thought Crute trains at City Kickboxing with Izzy and the rest of the guys, that's why I thought he might be underestimated here.

Fading Hill all day. In her last too fights when she knew shes gonna be outworked she did the right thing and took that girl out. But now her clintch game aint gonna be enough sooo

Fading Hill all day. In her last too fights when she knew shes gonna be outworked she did the right thing and took that girl out. But now her clintch game aint gonna be enough sooo
You’re going to fade someone who’s looked probably the best she ever has in her career against a girl who doesn’t wrestle?

I don’t know if I’d fade her, but I also don’t know if I’d pay chalk for her at elevation in what could be a close fight

You’re going to fade someone who’s looked probably the best she ever has in her career against a girl who doesn’t wrestle?

I don’t know if I’d fade her, but I also don’t know if I’d pay chalk for her at elevation in what could be a close fight
Yeah the line is accurate now. I will stay away from hill at current price

If by elevation you mean altitude? That won't be a factor in Aukland surely

If by elevation you mean altitude? That won't be a factor in Aukland surely
That’s right, I keep thinking she’s on this weeks card. Sorry about that

Put over two unites on Mustafaev already at 1.7. Guy is an absolute machine. Riddel has no head movement but does have underrated wrestling.

Liking Kai as a parlay peace and hooker.
Nam has a punchers chance if even that. Hooker is a better kickboxer, more power better chin. Also very composed.

Put over two unites on Mustafaev already at 1.7. Guy is an absolute machine. Riddel has no head movement but does have underrated wrestling.

Liking Kai as a parlay peace and hooker.
Nam has a punchers chance if even that. Hooker is a better kickboxer, more power better chin. Also very composed.
Like your thinking on those Steve. Agree that Mustafaev has improved exponentially and the broken arm in the Lee fight in a way has helped him not to be pushed too fast. I would rate their wrestling around a similar level so am not too concerned about Riddell wrestle fucking him. Striking wise riddell is solid but as we saw in the mullarkey fight he is very hittable with minor head movement. You dont want mustafaev to know where your head is otherwise it may end up in the 3rd row. Am very much looking forward to this fight and the main event

This fight card has much better chances for underdogs then the last one.
Hopefully the underdogs wont do any to crazy moves.

I will be on Hooker problary a Ko win or dec win.

Yeah the line is accurate now. I will stay away from hill at current price

I actually came on the forum to talk about this fight. Its not accurate say she cant wrestle, she has a nice double, decent gnp from top. Havent seen much from her from bottom, but hill doesnt really go for tds much.

She has been training her grappling consistently at tiger muay thai for a couple of years now and doesnt look lost if put on her back.

I really like lookboonmee here. Her game is almost tailor made as a counter to hill's fast in and out with stright punches.

She has a great teep kick, always chopping at the legs and body, good trips and has great knees if she gets the plum.

She has 200 muay thai fights so is a veteran even though 23 years old.

Only major factor against her is she is seriously undersized for the division. That no problem against.albu, but hill is techinically levels above albu.

But at +170 i got 1u on and wondering if to add another.

You really think Hill stops her?

She had no problem dealing with albu who is one of the strongest strawrights.

If the decision line is -200 or better, definitely playing it.

Last edited:
Lima should diddle Sosoli. Lima's got some great legkicks, Sosoli's never checked a legkick in his life and I don't think he's equipped to take advantage of Lima's sub defense lapses.

Back