• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC on ESPN+ 25 Anderson vs Blachowicz II

Ray Borg weighs in last minute at 128 pounds behind the hoop. He has an hour after the face-offs are over to cut the extra weight if he can.

UFC's Ray Borg: I'll leave MMA forever if I miss weight again

<LikeReally5>

The fine was for his antics after winning (not just talking shit but his gestures towards walker) and he got fined the maximum for making contact with the ref. Dude has a chip on his shoulder for sure. It's a bit insane both guys think they have anything for Jones though. Corey isn't going to wrestlefuck Jon because he simply isn't good enough to do so and Jan doesn't specialize in any area to give Jon a threat.

Getting ahead of myself here, but jan is the guy to dethrone Jones. Jones wins by controlling where the fight takes place, he wont be able to do that with jan, the guy is a tank and strongest where Jones is the weakest, pocket boxing. he will be able to pressure Jones close in constantly and has the chin to absorb damage while dealing out plenty of his own. Jones will have to run around the octagon to win. Corey is the more difficult stylistic match up for Jan.

Pulling the trigger on Bontorin. I was really on the fence with that one. After the weight miss + altitude, that's enough to set me over the edge.

I definitely respect your opinion. I just see him as similar to someone like jason knight. With lack of opportunity for childhood, high school , or college wrestling coming from the indian reservati8n in alabama. I could absolutely could be completely wrong

I'm not saying Weaver is this elite wrestler, but compared to Vargas he is. Poor TDD and no getups.

Pulling the trigger on Bontorin. I was really on the fence with that one. After the weight miss + altitude, that's enough to set me over the edge.

seemed to me like Bontorin slowed considerably throughout his fight with bibulatov.

this should be another high paced fight. Think borg is the better grappler but he seems so inconsistent

Fuck you are giving me pause here. I bet Borg last night. Bontorin is a dangerous guy on the feet and I think he can put away Borg if he has a bit of space to strike. IF Borg can get his wrestle game going and wall and stall the whole fight then he can cruise. However, if Bontorin has the chance to box a bit I think Borg will be very uncomfortable. You are right on in thinking elevation + weight cut issues are a red flag for Borg...

After fighting Manny and Borg I'm guessing Kenny is just glad to finally have someone make weight.

UFC's Ray Borg: I'll leave MMA forever if I miss weight again

<LikeReally5>
Well he has a fight tomorrow. We shall see if Ray Borg will survive the fight match. Press F to doubt. I am betting agaisnt Borg.

I haven't seen much of his opponent fight tape though.

I think Bontorin is the play.

The past year Ray's head hasn't been in training. His child nearly died numerous times, that takes a toll on someone.

His weight issues likely aren't from that, he always misses weight(and I know he has won 1 fight since his kid recovered).

But seeing him miss weight AGAIN, on top of this fight being at altitude, on top of questioning where his mentality is...small play on Bontorin.

I think Bontorin is the play.

The past year Ray's head hasn't been in training. His child nearly died numerous times, that takes a toll on someone.

His weight issues likely aren't from that, he always misses weight(and I know he has won 1 fight since his kid recovered).

But seeing him miss weight AGAIN, on top of this fight being at altitude, on top of questioning where his mentality is...small play on Bontorin.
I will admit during the face off he didn't look good. At least mentally? does he even want to fight in MMA/UFC anymore? thats the main question though.

Michel Pereira will knock Sanchez out... Right?

You expecting a replay of the Connerly fight essentially?

I suppose it's either that or Diego getting knocked out by something wild.

Diego's entire "team" consists of some Touchbutt Guru with no MMA experience. No striking partners, no grappling partners, no cornermen, other than this one guy. Diego's basically "self trained", he's got his work cut out for him.

Diego's entire "team" consists of some Touchbutt Guru with no MMA experience. No striking partners, no grappling partners, no cornermen, other than this one guy. Diego's basically "self trained", he's got his work cut out for him.

At this stage of Diego journey, do he need anything of that? Dude is just cutting costs and getting more from that money plus getting extra attention from all tha crazyness of not corner and all the spiritual BS, Dude have a ton of experience to know what to do and what not to do. I dont even think that he ever listened to a corner.

Seriously? That can't be entirely true. No trainers in his camp except 1 guy? Michel is -163 for me and I'll take it.

missing weight is always an advantage for grapplers no matter what it says about the mindset. We have seen it time and time again. Don't be fooled guys, this is a considerable advantage for Borg.

missing weight is always an advantage for grapplers no matter what it says about the mindset. We have seen it time and time again. Don't be fooled guys, this is a considerable advantage for Borg.
Unless he depleted himself trying to make the cut.

Unless he depleted himself trying to make the cut.
All fighters deplete themselve to make the cut. The fact that he weighed in at the same weight an hour later probably means he didnt try very hard to lose more. Bontorin claims he fasted for 5 days prior to the weigh in.

Back