• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC on ESPN 2 Barboza vs Gaethje

Take him down pass the guard and sub? Full disclosure idgaf about this fight so I didn't watch tape on the new guy.

He seems pretty bad tbh. At these odds it might be worth your time...

I will end up on Aguilar for sure. Damon Jackson was a good test for Aguilar in dealing with a grappler. Rader was also another test of a strong grappler where it was obvious his entire camp focused on TDD. I think he'll gameplan for this well. I still think people underestimate Aguilar due to his Contender Series fight. I feel like there was a circle jerk with Glenn over him as well.
I bet on Aguilar vs Glenn and was actually dissapointed a bit on his performance, he seemed very one dimentional and like a regional talent so to say.
I actually think he looked better in the Contender serier, just a lot faster at LW, at FW hes kinda plodding how do you not finish Glenn when you had him hurt that bad twice? I cant see him pressuring Barzola at all, he's just gonna counter with hooks and maybe Barzola is dumb enough to get caught, but i think he's just gonna let Barzola get real comfortable in there and pick his spots, when Barzola struggled with Davis is cuz he was getting pressured with a lot of straight punches.

I bet on Aguilar vs Glenn and was actually dissapointed a bit on his performance, he seemed very one dimentional and like a regional talent so to say.
I actually think he looked better in the Contender serier, just a lot faster at LW, at FW hes kinda plodding how do you not finish Glenn when you had him hurt that bad twice? I cant see him pressuring Barzola at all, he's just gonna counter with hooks and maybe Barzola is dumb enough to get caught, but i think he's just gonna let Barzola get real comfortable in there and pick his spots, when Barzola struggled with Davis is cuz he was getting pressured with a lot of straight punches.
Aguilar does leave quite a bit to be desired, he has power and Barzolas defense is weak, but Aguilar will be on his back foot the entire time he isnt on his back
Waiting to see what Aguilar by KO/ Bar by decision lines look like

MMajunkie interviews are up

Borg, Yusuff, Mazo, Johnson, Emmett

Gaethje, Barboza, Kowalkiewicz, Waterson

Aguilar does leave quite a bit to be desired, he has power and Barzolas defense is weak, but Aguilar will be on his back foot the entire time he isnt on his back
Waiting to see what Aguilar by KO/ Bar by decision lines look like
What Aguilar lacks in skill he makes up with a natural ability to hurt his opponents, i just dont see him flat out stopping Barzola.

Same... On paper Nzechukwu has champion statistics... an 83 inch reach, but he's so prone to coasting and not throwing much. I was thinking of playing the fight to go the distance because if Nzechukwu is content to jab and throw a few right hands a round while essentially doing nothing but moving, what is Craig going to do about it besides get outstruck?
I was talking about the other guy buddeh

Last edited:
Props dropping

K. Aguilar KO +425
KH NSC +115
Perez SUB +365
Holland KO +170

tenor.gif

From the interviews:

Borg - the only adjustment is that my opponent is southpaw, son is 1 year old, he's been in the hospital so much, thought about getting 9 to 5 job, just for son's health, I don't care what happens on Sat, I'm in there to kill, I switched things in my camp

Yusuff - fan friendly match-up, 50k bonus, ready to keep pace up for 3, but I have that power

Mazo - LFA have 5 rounds experience, want to show the world my skills

Johnson - wanted to fight in Dec, Emmett is one of the names I gave to the UFC that I wanted to fight, there's no way that KO won't affect him, I have to be careful and smart like last fight

Emmett - lowest point in my career, bad vertigo I would wake up and the room was spinning, I felt sick, it went away, it was tough, took a couple months and then more time for the fractures, I want hoping to fight at the end of the year, but more time is better, I still think TAM has the best camp for lightweights, I'm more well rounded, and have power, I like testing myself

Gaethje - we've seen pressure can break him, I'm power, he's technique, I won't let him set his feet, once I touch him he'll go to sleep, you have to go through hell to beat me, Barboza is the tougher fighter first two rounds

Barboza - I have 20 fights in UFC, everyone wants to take me down, I'm ready, I'm 100%, I'm a complete fighter, I hope Dustin wins his fight and brings the belt to ATT

Kowalkiewicz - will be a tough and difficult fight, I don't think about the last fight, I think she wants to fight with me on the ground, but I have a good ground game, I want to have children, my partners says 2 years, but maybe 3-4 years

Waterson - she's a passion fighter, Rose has better angles than Andrade, go in there and enjoy myself

Kenney - got the call on Monday, I'm ready to go, I'm in shape, healthy, momentum and confidence is everything, I've been watching him for a long time, he's grappling heavy, I love to be in that world, my striking will be too much for him, I don't see myself as a underdog, was ready for 5 rounds for LFA, first round KO again

Been a few years since she pulled one off but +850 for Waterson via sub looks good to me.

I made money with Edson last time and he's very difficult to beat without a wrestling advantage and takedown game plan, not just pressure striking like Gaethje has, so I'm on him as a small favorite too at -125.

Gaethje ain't wrestling with edson lol. He knows it. Even if he tried, I think barboza would stuff all the attempts

Barboza should be quick enough not to be able to get hit by JG's brawling style. JG plods too much and doesn't really set his strikes up.

Not Nzechukwu by KO is +105 at my books. There has to be value there. I mean his only real fight he won by split decision...

Gaethje has great pure wrestling but I bet he has no setups or done anything to adapt it to MMA. He might, at best, get Edson down briefly but I doubt he could keep him there even if he got him down.

I woudlnt bet Nzechukwu, Craig Has a real chance to win this with his ground game

Back