• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC on ESPN 2 Barboza vs Gaethje

I was big on Jose Torres as a prospect before Perez squashed that... From what I've watched of the Bumblebee I don't think I've ever seen him land a hurtful punch honestly... Guy has no hands and is all ground or bust.

He likes to think hes a pressure boxer, but hes soft AF at 135 and like you mentioned doesn't seem to have any power. He also gets hit clean far too often. Tricky subs, but Perez is the far better wrestler IMO, totally shut shelton down and outwrestled him easily.

He likes to think hes a pressure boxer, but hes soft AF at 135 and like you mentioned doesn't seem to have any power. He also gets hit clean far too often. Tricky subs, but Perez is the far better wrestler IMO, totally shut shelton down and outwrestled him easily.

Elliot outwrestled him and caught him in an anaconda choke, right? Coincidentally, Perez had two anaconda chokes in a row in his first two UFC outings...

Luis Gomez vs Sodiq Yusuff from Titan FC 47 is on Fight Pass. It's Yusuff's only loss and he gets stopped in one. He gets like, head and arm tossed chin first into the canvas and then absorbs a good amount of punishment before the ref jumps in. Weird ending.

Luis Gomez vs Sodiq Yusuff from Titan FC 47 is on Fight Pass. It's Yusuff's only loss and he gets stopped in one. He gets like, head and arm tossed chin first into the canvas and then absorbs a good amount of punishment before the ref jumps in. Weird ending.

This is a trigger for me.

GOAT

Luis Gomez has done that judo throw KO move multiple times in pro fights. Here's another one on the local Florida scene:

Luis Gomez has done that judo throw KO move multiple times in pro fights. Here's another one on the local Florida scene:

That's a sweet signature move... Reminds me of a fatality. Whoops my age is showing, lol.

My previous exposure to this guy was simply the Ige fight!

How's Branch vs Hermansson most likely to play out? Is Hermansson going to be able to take Branch down?

How's Branch vs Hermansson most likely to play out? Is Hermansson going to be able to take Branch down?

Either one can take the other down I think. Branch is dangerous in the first round but Hermansson generally plays it safe in the first round. I think branch might have success and win the first, then get dominated

I think Branch grinds him out

The WSOF days are over. I don’t see Branch clinching anyone to a decision in the top 15. His takedowns are not good and he couldn’t dominate neither Jotko nor Cannonier by hugging them against the cage. He also seems to crumble when he can’t impose his will. The takedown attempts get worse and worse.

Despite that Jack is the better wrestler. A lot of people seem to think he is a striker but he isn’t. He has been wrestling since his childhood.

Buyer beware: the last two decent sized write-ups on dogs I posted were for Gunnar and Vinicius. 2L's there. Anyways, your refunds are in the mail.

Nz (that's all I'm bothering with) is decent at getting guys respect right away, backing them up, by what is surely an intimidating height, long arms, fingers extended and a methodical, slow, southpaw approach. He's also quick to dart out of striking range when swung at. He throws a lot of volume but his punches at stand-up range seem quite soft. A work in progress would definitely describe him well, I think.

In DWTNCS season 1, his opponent Berzin was getting peppered with jabs in the first half of Round 1 and easily outpointed. At the 2 minute mark Berzin throws a quick feint and shoots from a mile away for a TD. Nz sprawled well, should've stuffed it, but Berzin was tenacious and wanted it more. Once down, he instantly found the mount and had Nz dominated and vulnerable. Berzin, almost as if he was surprised at his success, or like he had run out of ideas, or energy as we see later, lost the position and Nz, good on him, muscled his way up. But immediately, Berzin grabs a single leg and again takes Nz down very easily. Another scramble to their feet and now Berzin is on Nz's back.

Inexplicably (well, cardio), Berzin wait's until there's only 1:30 left in Round 2 before attempting his next TD. Nz stuffs his gassing opponent easily, but I think a better, fresher opponent would've gotten it. Berzin tries again early in Round 3, gets him down briefly, but the sweaty Nz pops up. Berzin gasses himself for good on his final real TD attempt a short while later. Again, though, Nz looks very raw fighting it off, turning his back too soon to get away from it. A better, quicker opponent gets his back and likely the choke there. Nz, confirming himself a soft puncher, cannot finish a completely gassed punching bag in Berzin. The judge who scored it for Berzin was smoking crack.

Andre Kavanaugh, whose 7-14 record is almost flattering and makes me worry about those 7 men who lost to him, took Nz down twice; a much smaller, fatter man just flinging Nz through the air.

Paul Craig is not very good. He has an up and down chin, excellent cardio, ok striking, decent kicks, and pretty good submissions, although he seems much more comfortable on his back, much too eager to be there sometimes. But he has no real future in the UFC, loser in 3 of 5 now, one win being via hail mary. If he loses to Nz he needs to retire or get cut. He fought so-so against Pedro and paid the price. Then he fought terrified against Khalil and paid the price. I thought he held his own - his chin did too - against Ankalaev and it wasn't a total domination, certainly not one warranting a -700 line for the Russian. He had Crute in a bit of trouble in scrambles but he proved to be much stronger and better in that fight. Crute's quick KO of Sam Alvey takes a bit of stain off Craig's loss in hindsight.

Craig was able to complete TD's against Silva, Pedro, Ankalaev, and Crute. He will 100% be able to take Nz down. Nz does not throw anywhere near as hard as Khalil. Nz wil not be anywhere near as heavy as Pedro or Crute if he ends up on top of Craig. Nz almost certainly has no submission threat. This isn't a mismatch, per se, because Paul Craig will probably put himself in a spot to take a clean shot(s) from Nz, but aside from a somewhat flukey KO I cannot see how Craig doesn't take him down and choke him out or take an arm. I know what the UFC is hoping for here, in Nz, but outside of a massive step forward by the young-ish fighter, they're dreaming.

I'm trying not to go irresponsibly big here but I am also not sweating a 7u play.

5u Paul Craig ML
2u Paul Craig Submission

Last edited:
Why are you so confident in Waterson subbing KK? Curious on what's forming that lean.

I only like KK in the clinch and I think she is very vulnerable to a sub on the ground. I also feel like Waterson has a higher ceiling, has more motivation to get a win, and wants to finish her opponents rather than out point them. I never really have great analysis on my bets unfortunately I mostly go with my gut on stuff.

I'm trying not to go irresponsibly big here but I am also not sweating a 7u play.

5u Paul Craig ML
2u Paul Craig Submission
7 units on Craig?! I agree he has value, you're braver than me going that large however

I get the Craig play at these odds, but he was probably 1 second away from getting cut if we assume, in that alternate universe, he still gets booked with Crute and loses.

Yeah he was getting absolutely mauled but by a better, more proven, established UFC fighter who has experience. He hung in, stayed tough, and ultimately got a lucky sub. I think the style of Ankaleav is much much different and that the veteran will see holes in the game of a very large, powerful man who sometimes doesn't commit fully to moving forward properly and could be taken down. If the fight goes to the ground, I like Craig to sub.

7 units on Craig?! I agree he has value, you're braver than me going that large however

I think Nz offers basically nothing, outside of fluke and/or huge strides forward in a short time. Fuck it, 7u.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wat
Back