PBP UFC on ESPN 14: Whittaker vs. Till - PBP Discussion: 5:00 pm ET/2:00 pm PT

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I shiver with

FeminineLimpingGhostshrimp-small.gif

I side with izzy and (I know I know) am rather fond of him as a fighter but Costa is the proverbial wildcard and is bringing a nice element of mayhem. As you said exciting....I can't fekking wait and will be pleased regardless of outcome!
I’m pro Izzy too. Exciting bro!!!!

I give him props for standing and countering (surviving) Romero more than other competition, Still think Addy takes their upcoming bout but will give props, plus Costa is selling himself well enough which adds something to the fun factor.

Edit: He would beat the version of B-Knuk we saw tonight imo. Too much forward pressure and damage potential. I would never count the Reaper out regardless, man of talents!
So we have Izzy, Costa, Cannonier, Bobby, and Joker(who I only think matches up well against well Izzy) MW is back.

Cannonier would murder Mas and I have a lot of love for Mas

I am a fan of Mas as well but holy shit the hype is beyond Conor levels at times. He has incredible moments where his shine is untouchable but realty is a "Khabibism" away as Usman proved.

I had the impression before tonight these two have this kind of of biased fan base though, I know i'm in the minority with how I scored it but essentially it could have gone either way and can see an argument for this being more beneficial to the cause of Middleweight which i'm down for neutrally..
Most MMA fans like most sports fans are super fickle though, Whittaker post Izzy was a shambolic mess too beaten up from damage in 2 wars against Romero, now all of a sudden he's some kind of technical master class layeth the smack down fighter over Till, lol bollocks.
Maybe Karate Blitz Bobby is dead now. He outstruck the proclaimed better striker in TIll and likely could have taken him down a few times more but wanted to prove a point. It was a chessmatch and super technical so I am not going to say Till isn't talented but Bobby seemed to break his will in round 2. I see Till now as an ultra talented frontrunner. He could easily Ko his next opponent with a step down in comp.

So we have Izzy, Costa, Cannonier, Bobby, and Joker(who I only think matches up well against well Izzy) MW is back.

I will gladly take any iteration of bouts!

Mind that I gladly admit to being a weak analyst and poorly remember many bouts. That said there is a delineation that stands pretty accurately in the top tiers. As cliche as it may be it oft falls to the "any given Sunday" mindset. Talent is competitive enough where at least I would never say any one result is fact.

Maybe Karate Blitz Bobby is dead now. He outstruck the proclaimed better striker in TIll and likely could have taken him down a few times more but wanted to prove a point.
He still attempted a few rusty blitzes to no avail, surprisingly Till had nothing to counter them with. Not convinced the takedown was as easy as your suggesting and he was trying to prove a point, why not Khabib him for 5 rounds then? So he can prove he has no jab and sloppy kicks?
If this is the new Bobby i'm not hopeful of him ever getting a belt again, this Bobby survives maybe 1 more round against Izzy and gets finished by Yoel imo.

I am a fan of Mas as well but holy shit the hype is beyond Conor levels at times. He has incredible moments where his shine is untouchable but realty is a "Khabibism" away as Usman proved.
I'm drunk are you saying Cannonier would not fuck up Mas? I love Mas he got tricky and knocked out some talented fighters with the savvy of an experienced fighter. He also started really going for it in terms of sitting down on punches or in his case stutter stepping and sprinting into strikes.

I will gladly take any iteration of bouts!

Mind that I gladly admit to being a weak analyst and poorly remember many bouts. That said there is a delineation that stands pretty accurately in the top tiers. As cliche as it may be it oft falls to the "any given Sunday" mindset. Talent is competitive enough where at least I would never say any one result is fact.
You claim to be a weak analyst <DontBelieve1> Cheers. You watch all the fights the people who are shit analysts are the people only watch the main card etc.

He still attempted a few rusty blitzes to no avail, surprisingly Till had nothing to counter them with. Not convinced the takedown was as easy as your suggesting and he was trying to prove a point, why not Khabib him for 5 rounds then? So he can prove he has no jab and sloppy kicks?
If this is the new Bobby i'm not hopeful of him ever getting a belt again, this Bobby survives maybe 1 more round against Izzy and gets finished by Yoel imo.
Bobby won. I will give you that he is an excellent wrestler defensively but he seems to only ever take people down himslef if it just happens instinctually. He wants to prove a point as well this guy wanted to KO Till and it ended up in a high level chess match. Also good to see for Bobby his chin isn't done the broadcasters fucked it up but Till landed a few bombs on him in the 4th and nothing was said whatsoever.

I'm drunk are you saying Cannonier would not fuck up Mas? I love Mas he got tricky and knocked out some talented fighters with the savvy of an experienced fighter. He also started really going for it in terms of sitting down on punches or in his case stutter stepping and sprinting into strikes.

Lol I'm far too deep in the bottle as well, no Cannonier wrecks him. Mas at 155 or 170 is a problem for many lets not get crazy with divisional jumps. Would never say there is no chance....however like a Conor vs Usman, etc....prolly not too wise...

Lol I'm far too deep in the bottle as well, no Cannonier wrecks him. Mas at 155 or 170 is a problem for many lets not get crazy with divisional jumps. Would never say there is no chance....however like a Conor vs Usman, etc....prolly not too wise...
Love active. Hate him against Usman. That's a silly fight. I'm rolling imagining the backlash.

You claim to be a weak analyst <DontBelieve1> Cheers. You watch all the fights the people who are shit analysts are the people only watch the main card etc.

Thanks! However I gladly bow to the breakdowns and intuition of the real talents on Sherdog, etc. I can never find the time to decipher the intricacies some of the folks here make seem clear as night and day. I'm here for the cage action and appreciate the art of combat as we have it. I do try to at least look at what has past and what is presented. This is the only true sport in my book!

Thanks! However I gladly bow to the breakdowns and intuition of the real talents on Sherdog, etc. I can never find the time to decipher the intricacies some of the folks here make seem clear as night and day. I'm here for the cage action and appreciate the art of combat as we have it. I do try to at least look at what has past and what is presented. This is the only true sport in my book!
Nothing wrong with being humble good sir. You can follow a fighters whole career and then Cowboy Oliveira fought measured and calculated looked like a different guy never rushed anything and that's been his calling card. Don't bow to me. I only trained in combat sports seriously for 8 years tops. Still box some at a small gym. BJJ spot near me is re-opened recently but I haven't gone very often. Assunção's gym is near me my son trains there but he just turned 6 and it's surprisingly a very family friendly place. His brother is lowkey a killer but great with kids. Not trying to plug his gym but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Bobby won. I will give you that he is an excellent wrestler defensively but he seems to only ever take people down himslef if it just happens instinctually. He wants to prove a point as well this guy wanted to KO Till and it ended up in a high level chess match. Also good to see for Bobby his chin isn't done the broadcasters fucked it up but Till landed a few bombs on him in the 4th and nothing was said whatsoever.

Yeah he certainly proved that his chin isn't cracked, and he's got scrap still, I just thought he looked a little less sharp than the Yoel fights still in all areas, granted they are 2 of the best most competitive fights in recent years... So who do you see each of their next fights being? and how do you think they go?

Nothing wrong with being humble good sir. You can follow a fighters whole career and then Cowboy Oliveira fought measured and calculated looked like a different guy never rushed anything and that's been his calling card..

He did exactly what was needed. Felt he could have pressured the match and finished but we never know exactly where a fighter is at prior or in the moment. To diminish that bout in my opinion is unjustified. Regardless I enjoyed it and B-Cowboy is starting a decent resurgence. Will it last? I'm doubtful but the fights are good.

Yea he clearly doesn't take into account quality of strikes

Fightmetric and so forth are interesting and useful to a point. They are also as toxic as any other statistic weighed finality. Their criteria is essentially dishonest or at least diluted.

Fightmetric and so forth are interesting and useful to a point. They are also as toxic as any other statistic weighed finality. Their criteria is essentially dishonest or at least diluted.
100% you can trust your own eyes more than some schmuck pressing a button

Back