PBP UFC on ESPN 14: Whittaker vs. Till - PBP Discussion: 5:00 pm ET/2:00 pm PT

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Octagon control, yea that's definitely at the top of the scoring criteria lmao.

Well in this fight, Whittaker was rocked in multiple rounds, busted open profusely, and damaged significantly. So what's your take on this fight?

Rocked in multiple rounds? Lmao.

As for the blood? Oh, from one fucking elbow in the last ninety seconds. Oh shit, I must have forgotten the twenty three and a half minutes which preceded it. Bah gawd.

Ok, I'm off to bed Sherbros.

Epic marathon of 15 fights, but we made it! PBP was classic as always.

Gnight Sherbros.

lmaoooooooo 10-7? For ONE knockdown that he couldn’t finish? Then till goes on to get out struck? That’s an 10-9. He got the knockdown but he didn’t totally dominate the round.
Read it again :)

Lol Hardy just suggested Carla vs. Suarez not knowing they fought before and Suarez beat the dogshit out of her

Oh and in my bets neither Till or Whittaker take Costa or Izzy with a similar performance. Not to say that a different day and effort would not permit a potential of possibility but from what i'm seeing Costa and Izzy stand pretty far ahead of the pack. Will be interesting to see the division flux and fold to promote competition.

Oh and in my bets neither Till or Whittaker take Costa or Izzy with a similar performance. Not to say that a different day and effort would not permit a potential of possibility but from what i'm seeing Costa and Izzy stand pretty far ahead of the pack. Will be interesting to see the division flux and fold to promote competition.
I’m honestly not too sold on Costa. Yes he beat Romero, but I just am not sold he would beat Bobby Knuckles.

Lol. Did you even watch the fight?

did you? Did you see the strikes tally? Sure, Robert never had Till in any danger. He still landed more in every single round. The first round would’ve been a 10-8 if Till did more than score a knockdown that he did nothing with. 3 hard punches don’t beat 15 significant strikes in a round. Round by round, Whittaker wins. If we’re talking clean power punches per round, Till wins. But that’s not how rounds are scored when there’s low volume.

in 4 out of 5 rounds neither guy landed 20. Outside of round two, the maximum number of strikes landed in a round was 19. It was a low volume fight. Out of every round, till landed a few decent shots, but most of it was missing or grazing. But Whittaker was landing more.
Read it again :)
lmaoooo that had to have been a mistake. That person doesn’t know how to score a round, and they didn’t know which fighter was which. Or a troll. There’s always that.

How many split decisions does Whittaker win? Guy wins by barely winning

Yeah, he fought really smart for the most part, although Till was as you've said as well too passive - but i think it had to do with his cardio and the leg kicks - Till knew imo that he couldn't up his output too much without getting tired and getting tired is always something you wanna avoid, lol.

That being said, Rob is a great athlete actually.
Very powerful and sharp throughout the whole fight.
Yeah I think Till's cardio and Robert's leg kicks definitely played a role in why Till wasn't more active.
Whittaker is a great fighter for sure. he is the second best Middleweight in the world. After Izzy of course.

Werdum was a beast

Fekkin thang a beauty! Gus was completely shut down. Once it hit the ground he was floundering pretty bad and had no recourse. Werdum didn't look bad on the feet either. Complete turn around from the Oli fight and good to see...

Fekkin thang a beauty! Gus was completely shut down. Once it hit the ground he was floundering pretty bad and had no recourse. Werdum didn't look bad on the feet either. Complete turn around from the Oli fight and good to see...
I think he did not take the Oli fight prep seriously because he seemed like he gassed out pretty quick.

I’m honestly not too sold on Costa. Yes he beat Romero, but I just am not sold he would beat Bobby Knuckles.

I give him props for standing and countering (surviving) Romero more than other competition, Still think Addy takes their upcoming bout but will give props, plus Costa is selling himself well enough which adds something to the fun factor.

Edit: He would beat the version of B-Knuk we saw tonight imo. Too much forward pressure and damage potential. I would never count the Reaper out regardless, man of talents!

Absolutely! This thread alone had 82 - Till - Whittaker - 165 in who they thought were going to win... The score cards were way closer than the predictions based on that.
Some of these posters man. They just want to hate no matter what

I give him props for standing and countering (surviving) Romero more than other competition, Still think Addy takes their upcoming bout but will give props, plus Costa is selling himself well enough which adds something to the fun factor.

The IZZY Costa fight will be exciting

I think he did not take the Oli fight prep seriously because he seemed like he gassed out pretty quick.

It was his 1st scrap after 2 years? Admittedly he also said he trained poorly, most would shit on the excuses and he doesn't deserve a pass either for such a statement. That said he certainly proved his game vs a much younger and touted talent. Not to disrespect Gus but he had very little in the "show" column for Doom.

Pretty happy with that scrap and glad Doom gets an up for wherever his MMA destiny unfolds.

Bro, foot work or showmanship doesn't win rounds lmao. This isn't figure skating.

Yeah I agree, but judges still award him rounds. I think he lost arguably 4 rounds to WB and 4 rounds to Whittaker. I think his style is horrendous. He just lands a few big punches every fight.

The IZZY Costa fight will be exciting

I shiver with

FeminineLimpingGhostshrimp-small.gif

I side with izzy and (I know I know) am rather fond of him as a fighter, Costa is the proverbial wildcard and is bringing a nice element of mayhem. As you said exciting....I can't fekking wait and will be pleased regardless of outcome!

Some of these posters man. They just want to hate no matter what
I had the impression before tonight these two have this kind of of biased fan base though, I know i'm in the minority with how I scored it but essentially it could have gone either way and can see an argument for this being more beneficial to the cause of Middleweight which i'm down for neutrally..
Most MMA fans like most sports fans are super fickle though, Whittaker post Izzy was a shambolic mess too beaten up from damage in 2 wars against Romero, now all of a sudden he's some kind of technical master class layeth the smack down fighter over Till, lol bollocks.

Back