• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC On ESPN 12: Poirier vs. Hooker

Are Dustin's recent wins full of question marks? Jim Millier in a majority decision, a washed Jim Miller. Petits - Washed. Justin before just had made any changes and went from fighting bums to almost getting KO'ed by MJ (Who did KO DP), then Alverez who was winning before the 'illegal' strikes. Then Holloway, a short notice feather weight who in my oppinion won three rounds.

Not saying Hooker is better, just speaking about where Dustin is really good, is it just his boxing?

Yup, he says it was 6 months ago. Still speaks to his mental status (or lack thereof).

I could see him hurting Gall on the feet and then much like the Cowboy fight, take it to the ground and end getting submitted.
I agree, I think Galls best chance is a sub. Not sure if he can lock in something like Cerrone did though, Cowboy went all in on that armbar. I don't hate the u2.5 at -190 though.

Are Dustin's recent wins full of question marks? Jim Millier in a majority decision, a washed Jim Miller. Petits - Washed. Justin before just had made any changes and went from fighting bums to almost getting KO'ed by MJ (Who did KO DP), then Alverez who was winning before the 'illegal' strikes. Then Holloway, a short notice feather weight who in my oppinion won three rounds.

Not saying Hooker is better, just speaking about where Dustin is really good, is it just his boxing?

IDK...the wins are pretty good. Can you nitpick a bit, sure. But Max is still elite, even at 155. Justin was still a damn good LW even before his newfound style that's less brawling. Dustin has elite MMA boxing and underrated grappling.

Hooker is very good at range, but he doesn't force opponents to stay at his most effective range. Usually that's where Barboza wants to fight too, but when he realized that he could have success in boxing range more than kickboxing range, he just walked in on Hooker whenever he wanted. Felder did it too as that fight went on.

That's why I favor Dustin somewhat heavily. Hooker does little to discourage guys that want boxing range from getting it. The only time I've seen him really do it well was vs Iaquinta but Al is just much smaller than Dustin and has way more clumsy, predictable entries so I don't see a repeat of that at all from Hooker.

Really liking the line on Villante....surely he won't fall into a knee or a triangle or something silly like that?

Thinkin

Thinkin maybe he comes in outta shape
I’m thinking that about Villante with him going to Heavyweight. Villante will be fighting at 25-30 pounds more than he usually does. Carrying that extra weight is tiring especially when cardio isn’t his strength.

GSP was tiring when he fought at MW and he had great cardio at WW.

Was wondering when people would start talking up Gall’s chances on this sub, lol. Not going to happen.

You think -325 makes sense for Perry??

I think he wins too but the odds...man I cannot imagine paying that juice on him.

I think he wins too but the odds...man I cannot imagine paying that juice on him.
-150 for Perry KO/TKO is what I’m playing. Don’t see why anyone backing Perry thinks it will somehow go 15 minutes. Perry takes this guys head off within 2. If I’m wrong I won’t post on this sub ever again.

-150 for Perry KO/TKO is what I’m playing. Don’t see why anyone backing Perry thinks it will somehow go 15 minutes. Perry takes this guys head off within 2. If I’m wrong I won’t post on this sub ever again.
Perry ITD is -163.
Perry Round 1 is +175.
Under 1.5 rounds is -125.
Those sound like good plays if you are on Perry.
A6B2FACC-2EF2-4AC6-8E25-61531D3D19C7.jpeg

Nah don't say that. You can be confident but no need to quit posting if you end up being wrong.

It is hard to know what to make of Mike Perry's mental state right now. He seems pretty unhinged. Either it will work great for him or he will get crushed. I am kinda leaning toward the under on this fight as it covers an early finish either way which I feel is likely as Perry will most likely start very fast and either get in trouble or put away Gall.

You can play the under 1.5 at even money. If Perry doesn't get a finish in the first 7.5 minutes then it probably isn't going to happen anyway.

Back