UFC Official Statement: 207 Will Proceed with 10 Bouts. (No Werdum Fight Replacement)

Yeah of course,fuck Werdum.

The guy was scheduled to fight Cain FOUR times and Velasquez managed to fight only once.

Technically it was FIVE.

Werdum was supposed to get a title shot after he beat Big Nog. He was promised a shot at the belt if he did a season of TUF and won. Which he did. But Cain was not ready, and the UFC forced him to fight Browne, instead of waiting.

Werdum was targeted as Velasquez’s next title challenger, but elected to fight the surging Browne when the champ’s injury was confirmed. The top contenders now meet on Saturday at Amway Center in Orlando, Fla., for the FOX network-televised event.

Man, Cain is personally wasting so much of Werdum's last few good years. Fuck him.

Not surprising after the result he had in the first, but it's a missed opportunity, if he took the fight with JDS and won he would be fighting Miocic in the early part of next year, now he's going to probably have to wait for Cain's return whilst JDS/Struve winner gets Miocic instead.
You are assuming the UFC would book him for the HW title. Stop doing that.

new card.

Main Card: (PPV-10pm et)
135lbs- Amanda Nunes (13-4) vs. Ronda Rousey (12-1) {Women’s Bantamweight Title Fight}
135lbs- Dominick Cruz (22-1) vs. Cody Garbrandt (10-0 ){Men’s Bantamweight Title Fight}
135lbs- TJ Dillashaw (13-3) vs. John Lineker (29-7)
125lbs- Ray Borg (9-2) vs. Louis Smolka (11-2)

Preliminary Card: (FOX Sports 1-8pm et)
170lbs- Johny Hendricks (17-5) vs. Neil Magny (18-5)
170lbs- Dong Hyun Kim (21-3-1) vs. Tarec Saffiedine (16-5)
185lbs- Antonio Carlos Junior (6-2) vs. Marvin Vettori (11-2)
170lbs- Alex Garcia (13-3) vs. Mike Pyle (27-12-1)

Preliminary Card: (UFC Fight Pass- 7pm et)
170lbs- Tim Means (26-7-1) vs. Alex Oliveira (16-3-1)
170lbs- Brandon Thatch (11-4) vs. Niko Price (8-0)

265lbs- Cain Velasquez (14-2) vs. Fabricio Werdum (21-6-1) Cancelled Dec 24.
Where did you get that from? The first 2 fights taking 1.5 hours?

Not so surprised anymore about any AKA fighter pulling out.

Werdum turning down an entire payday just to avoid JDS lol.
Pretty sure they are obligated to pay him his show money if he doesn't fight.

He signed a contract to fight on Dec 30th against Cain. Cain won't be showing up, so he'll likely get paid either way, if he fights or doesn't.

$60 for four fights. Merry Christmas ya fucking goofs

You are assuming the UFC would book him for the HW title. Stop doing that.

You're assuming that I am assuming that without any knowledge of me potentially knowing it to be fact that is what the UFC are going to do.

And some dude was bitching about Stipe not defending the other day.

It'll probably happen whenever they can manage to get a fuckin contender. So was Cain lying on social media today ? Or just really mistaken ?

I wonder if Werdum was even offered a replacement ? I'm sure we will find out soon.

Card is still good and I wasn't that interested in this rematch anyway

Continue to keep Cain away from title fights and main/co-main events please.

You're assuming that I am assuming that without any knowledge of me potentially knowing it to be fact that is what the UFC are going to do.
Oh by all means post your proof. But until then

1639a02c1aa3923bfb16bbe3131672e530ba766da53c3d73ef4f9d71c52d5747.jpg

Please dont EVER and I mean EVER put verdoom in the list as greatest HW of all time EVER again.

JDS should get the next title shot. verdoom needs another 3 wins imo.

Won't matter. Ronda is headlining the card. Guaranteed 1 million buys.

Back