UFC influencing fighters to create 'beef' to hype a fight, and increase social media presence.

Not really. You had personalities for sure but not every fighter was pushed to have some beef.
Yes actually they were
They were instructed to start calling out other fighters in their post fight interviews and were given bonuses based on social media stats

Cody-TJ.gif

Don't buy the hype.
Damn, bunch of fakes...

The second sentence should be "UFC is trying to get fighters to promote themselves on social media for free, because of the first point."
Except for the part where they make more money if they're marketable and put butts in seats

Waa waa fighters should get paid more

Waa waa fighters are being shown what to do to get paid more

Fuck Code Of Conduct, its IMG entertainment now.

Except for the part where they make more money if they're marketable and put butts in seats

Waa waa fighters should get paid more

Waa waa fighters are being shown what to do to get paid more

Fighters shouldn't have to do the promoters job to get paid more, pay them extra if you want them to promote in their free time.

Fighters shouldn't have to do the promoters job to get paid more, pay them extra if you want them to promote in their free time.
They do pay them more genius, thats the fucking point

MMA promotion encourages fighters to promote fights and create fan interest. Shocking!!!!!!!! Sherdog is appalled!!! Real MMA fans only want to see robots fight other robots with no personalities or interest in the fight!!!!

Apparently UFC should go back to the honored tradition of the kumite where no one is allowed in and all the fights are held on a secret island run by a drug warlord. Only true fans would know the fighters and results. It would be pure MMA like the gods wanted and Frank Dux would be 185-0

They do pay them more genius, thats the fucking point

Oh are they paying them by Tweet now? Or is it still that Zuffa "Social media incentive" bullshit. Fact is the fighters aren't promoters, trying to use the fighters as a cheap way of promotions because they're too incompetent to properly promote is a bullshit way out of criticism.

Man where were these guys when anthony rumble johnson was figthing; LOL

Yes actually they were
They were instructed to start calling out other fighters in their post fight interviews and were given bonuses based on social media stats
Have a source?

Oh are they paying them by Tweet now? Or is it still that Zuffa "Social media incentive" bullshit. Fact is the fighters aren't promoters, trying to use the fighters as a cheap way of promotions because they're too incompetent to properly promote is a bullshit way out of criticism.
The largest and most successful combat sports promotion in the world is incompetent huh
Damn imagine how big they'd be if they actually knew what they were doing

Or maybe they understand their business a tad bit better than some angry internet types and are trying to teach their fighters the most effective way to build a fanbase

The largest and most successful combat sports promotion in the world is incompetent huh
Damn imagine how big they'd be if they actually knew what they were doing

Or maybe they understand their business a tad bit better than some angry internet types and are trying to teach their fighters the most effective way to build a fanbase

It's almost like since the largest promotion has been taken over by new management their PPV numbers have been in the gutter. So yeah, they're promotion team is incompetent.

Have a source?
These things have been talked about multiple times by fighters over the years but Im not gonna scour the internet to try and convince you
I know Cung Le has talked about the social media bonuses and more than a few times you'd hear fighters say things like "Joe Silva wants me to start calling people out so..." in their post fight interviews
I remember it happening a lot around the time of the WEC so maybe thats when Zuffa started pushing it harder

As long and the punches and kicks are real they can do what ever they want to attract the casuals as far as I'm conceared

I remember when I was a kid, I'd go down to Blockbuster video store to see if there was any new UFC tapes out. If there was I got sooooo exited. This was at a time when I had zero access to any form of MMA news. Anyone who needs fake drama to get exited for a fight is a low quality fan IMHO.
Fake drama is what brings causal in, this is the same for all combat sports, you're dumb if you don't understand this. To be quite honest ufc doesnt give two fucks about the high quality fans like you who will watch nearly anything they put out and who alone will never push a card over 300k buys. They Need the low quality fans in order to generate enough money to continue to grow

Back