UFC influencing fighters to create 'beef' to hype a fight, and increase social media presence.

Jin Akutsu

Gengar Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

5:39 for those on mobile, or other devices.

Enjoy.

Discuss, praise, flame, troll, ect.

They're doing anything they can to pretend they don't need Conor.

Funny thing is, if they stopped thinking short-term they wouldn't be so dependent on circus fights.

Lol. It is literally WWE. I can't wait for the 2nd act.
SZJL.gif

Majority of fighters don't even call out a specific opponent post fight when Rogan asks them "Where do you think this win puts you in the division?"

They just give a generic "I'll fight anyone anywhere" answer.
Then we find out later they turn down hard fights.

These guys DO need training on self promotion.

You don't need to go all pro-wrestling but at least make an effort and create rivalries.

Social media performance reviews, MMA has truly lost the plot

"You called your opponent a juicehead, which is what we like, but you did it at 7:32pm. Our analytics show that if you had posted it around 11:30pm, that post would've gained tons more traction and retweets. So just be mindful of that going forward, okay."

UFC doesnt know how to market fighters and get fans interested waa waa waa

UFC is trying to market fighters and get fans interested waa waa waa

Wrestling had this shit down a century ago.

Nobody wants to watch some Brazilian who can’t speak a word of English and talks about respect and training. Silva was a nobody until Sonnen boosted him. DJ is a magnificent fighter but nobody wants to watch.

Dudes want to watch 5’7”-6’5” dudes beat the shit out of each after a public feud and arguments.

If I was interested in metrics, I would be watching track&field. Conor and Colby go too far but that’s the right side of the spectrum.

Of course they want them to hype the fight, but there is actual dislike between Cody n TJ. Some of it is forced but once they get going you can tell they really get under each others skin. This is usually the case with all the fighters who talk trash, you can take it all the way back to Ortiz vs Shamrock. Rampage an Silva still don't like each other an I don't even think they know why. Silva also hates Krazy horse so maybe he's racist lol.

Cody choking TJ on a tuf episode, Kevin Lee an Jon Jones throwing punches at press conferences, Connor an Nate almost starting a riot...these weren't fake moments. Lesnar an DC was forced, but I think Brock legitimately was having a roid rage moment once he got into character.

Of course they want them to hype the fight, but there is actual dislike between Cody n TJ. Some of it is forced but once they get going you can tell they really get under each others skin. This is usually the case with all the fighters who talk trash, you can take it all the way back to Ortiz vs Shamrock. Rampage an Silva still don't like each other an I don't even think they know why. Silva also hates Krazy horse so maybe he's racist lol.

Cody choking TJ on a tuf episode, Kevin Lee an Jon Jones throwing punches at press conferences, Connor an Nate almost starting a riot...these weren't fake moments. Lesnar an DC was forced, but I think Brock legitimately was having a roid rage moment once he got into character.

Cody-TJ.gif

Don't buy the hype.

Cody-TJ.gif

Don't buy the hype.
You think they don't know they hugged in front of everyone? Cody talks about this encounter in interviews an calls TJ fake for saying "its just business". Which obviously it is but it isn't like there isn't that history there between them.

So yes, like I said some of it is forced but the fact you guys act like you figured it all out an every single dispute is fake makes you look foolish. Cause obviously some of it is, like it's always been. Muhammad Ali would make people hate him even if he was just hyping the fight.

An even if you don't wanna believe that Cody n TJ don't like each other, we still are about to see them fight either way which is the real reason to get hyped.

Conor is Ric Flair with slightly less cocaine

MMA casuals are low-IQ, low-T hipsters who need interviews and social media to get into fights.

Boxing figured this out years ago - people wont pay to watch robots fights. They want human rivalry, a story. The problem with boxing is that the payoff is often unsatisfactory. MMA doesnt have this problem - it actually has a much better product. The fights are OFTEN brilliant, & end definitively with one guy beaten, knocked out, or tapping out. This has been the main reason for McGregors success - people have continued to buy his fights, even after he lost, because they deliver on the excitement that he promised.

Why is promotion so lost to some of you lol if you don’t want to see the hype, just don’t watch interviews and shit. Just watch the fights.

Fucking cry babies

Will we soon be seeing WWE style entrances as well can't wait to see Derek Lewis come to the octagon as the undertaker

tenor.gif

Back