UFC influencing fighters to create 'beef' to hype a fight, and increase social media presence.

They're doing anything they can to pretend they don't need Conor.

Funny thing is, if they stopped thinking short-term they wouldn't be so dependent on circus fights.
They aren’t “so focused”on circus fights. They’ve had very few.

I equally blame crap org and crap fans

Why is promotion so lost to some of you lol if you don’t want to see the hype, just don’t watch interviews and shit. Just watch the fights.

Fucking cry babies

A great point... except now with the way they time things out, if a fight or two ends early, you have no choice but to watch 20 minutes of interviews, hype, bullshit, and commercials.

If they'd move the shit along it wouldn't be as bad. Personally, I just don't care anymore. 90% of the drama is made up bullshit, fighters used to have real personalities, now its all fake social media bullshit.

I'm enjoying Quintet and EBI wayyyyyyy more then most of the UFC cards in the last 3-4 years. They actually get to the point and keep the action going. Thats just me though... if the rest of you enjoy this shit then great.

This it's not new. Anderson won several bonuses because he had the most followers at some point.

Does the Lord really sit back and pick who is gonna win ?

Don't like the fact the fights are all predetermined.. gives off a WWE feel

I remember when I was a kid, I'd go down to Blockbuster video store to see if there was any new UFC tapes out. If there was I got sooooo exited. This was at a time when I had zero access to any form of MMA news. Anyone who needs fake drama to get exited for a fight is a low quality fan IMHO.

I remember when I was a kid, I'd go down to Blockbuster video store to see if there was any new UFC tapes out. If there was I got sooooo exited. This was at a time when I had zero access to any form of MMA news. Anyone who needs fake drama to get exited for a fight is a low quality fan IMHO.
ah blockbuster

tenor.gif

Why is promotion so lost to some of you lol if you don’t want to see the hype, just don’t watch interviews and shit. Just watch the fights.

Fucking cry babies

That's exactly what I do. I try to ignore all the other shit and just watch the fights. The problem with it and the correlation with wrestling is how far they can go with the fake shit before people start questioning whether the fights are a work too?

More proof (like we need anymore) that WME has no idea what to do.

I don't see what us wrong with it, if it gets more people to watch its good for all the parties involved
Even the fans have more anticipation for fights where there is perceived animosity
You can get only so many highly skilled fights to get excited over

The Fighters should charge the UFC a fee if the UFC expects them to use their own platforms to promote the company. Pretty sure Conor gets paid to post about the UFC.

Some years back werent fighters encouraged to Tweet UFC stuff.

Mo Popular Mo Money, I see Perry and Adesanya putting in the work on instagram and other social media.

Majority of fighters don't even call out a specific opponent post fight when Rogan asks them "Where do you think this win puts you in the division?"

They just give a generic "I'll fight anyone anywhere" answer.
Then we find out later they turn down hard fights.

These guys DO need training on self promotion.

You don't need to go all pro-wrestling but at least make an effort and create rivalries.

It’s a good point this, the smart fighters should have someone planned to call out upon a win, I think even Dana has said this is a good move.

UFC doesnt know how to market fighters and get fans interested waa waa waa

UFC is trying to market fighters and get fans interested waa waa waa

The second sentence should be "UFC is trying to get fighters to promote themselves on social media for free, because of the first point."

Back