News UFC Implementing "Fan-Voted" Bonuses

It's a scheme to get people to sign up to Crypto.com. It's a 175 million deal over 10 yr deal right? Let's say 12 PPVs per year on average, so it comes out to 6 million over 10 years. So the UFC still pockets 169 million.

But people on here will say that this will solve fighter pay issues
Yup. And we're not even getting into the issues of actual crypto since that's an entire other ball of wax. Oh, you're bonus you got last week is worth half today? Sucks for you.

I think the ufc should give all fighters with finishes bonuses. Then give a fight of the night bonus.
Yes this, perfect brilliant idea, incentivizing dominance and total victory with monetary reward and renown. That's the way to to do it. Great idea.

I hope that fans use this properly and don’t just vote for their favorite fighters
Don't worry bro, I can't think of any Sherdogger who, if their favourite fighter (say, mister Conor McGregor, just for the sake of illustration) got wrecked in a humiliating fashion by a ruthless Dagestani wrestler, wouldn't be totally fair play and wholeheartedly vote for the aforementioned Dagestani, and tip him 5$ for his service then subscribe to that guy's wife's onlyfan.

So Khamzat is going to win a win bonus, a performance bonus, and a fan bonus.

Red panty night indeed

Maybe if they have gifs of the finishes, people will be less biased today. We'll see how it goes.

Fans voted gsp vs kos as FOTN when it was far from it, I think it was the Matt Riddell fight that was the best.

Edit: yep

"UFC 124 marked the first – and only – time that the UFC let the fans vote online for the Fight of the Night.[8] Dana White stated after that he would never do this again and said "The real fight of the night belonged to Matt Riddle and Sean Pierson".
Damn I don't remember that at all, that's hilarious

Very narrow-sighted take IMO. If the UFC caters more-and-more to popularity instead of fighting prowess. . . (as they already are). . . nevermind. If you can't see the logic, not worth either of our time explaining it.

I've been watching this sport since before there were casuals. I know the difference between the sport with them and without them. Casuals are the reason we get 50 cards a year instead of 6. Let the fans enjoy the show FFS.

I wonder why WME/UFC bonuses are not voted on by the masses and given in crypto. Almost like they know it's a shit deal haha
I meant to say I don’t disagree. IDK I prefer to look optimistically.

You are not wrong.

The relentless cynicism just brings me down

The next person to shit themselves in the Octagon will be getting this bonus for sure

such a bad idea, its going to just be a popularity contest between casuals and the bonus wont always go to who actually deserved it.
But that's literally what it is. It's not a 'who deserves it based of performance' award...

Fuckin nerds will cry about anything. Goddamn, boys.

Neck and neck with soccer. I'm sure that Ronaldo and Messi routinely beg fans for bonuses in play money after their matches.

I meant to say I don’t disagree. IDK I prefer to look optimistically.

You are not wrong.

The relentless cynicism just brings me down
A fair observation. Chin up, though even I can find silver linings in it. Maybe we won't get a Boaty McBoatface winning incident, but there are bound to be some hilarious voting results/trolling when fans occasionally organize themselves. Assuming the UFC has a sense of fun and doesn't just ignore those results. And this incentives hilarious but dumb nicknames to whore for votes and could finally reduce the amount of Pitbulls in the sports as fighters try to be more distinct and memorable. And these things do bring me some joy cuz it's part of the bushleague appeal of the sport.

Other than the potential call out, I don't really care what fighters use their post fight interview for. As far as I'm concerned, some extra coin isn't a bad thing.

As per ESPN:

The UFC will be debuting new "fan-voted" bonuses at UFC 273. Reportedly, fans will be asked to vote for their "favorite fighter", and the top three fighters will receive bonuses paid in Bitcoin.

The winner of the fan vote will receive a $30,000 bonus paid in Bitcoin

second place will receive a $20,000 bonus paid in Bitcoin

and third place will receive a $10,000 bonus paid in Bitcoin

These bonuses will only be handed out at numbered events (UFC 273, UFC 274 etc)

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/33689220/ufc-implement-fan-voted-bonuses-paid-bitcoin

Now UFC fighters will be forced to humiliate themselves by begging "fans" to vote for them in their post fight interviews. Instead of fighters thanking their training partners and coaches in post-fight interviews they now have to tell fans to go to Crypto.com and vote for them so they can take their kid to the dentist.

Shameful.

I wish the fans would vote for whoever gets paid the least on the card. Give them a life changing bonus instead of giving some fighter already earning a lot more.

Don't worry bro, I can't think of any Sherdogger who, if their favourite fighter (say, mister Conor McGregor, just for the sake of illustration) got wrecked in a humiliating fashion by a ruthless Dagestani wrestler, wouldn't be totally fair play and wholeheartedly vote for the aforementioned Dagestani, and tip him 5$ for his service then subscribe to that guy's wife's onlyfan.
Rent free. Sheesh

I've been watching this sport since before there were casuals. I know the difference between the sport with them and without them. Casuals are the reason we get 50 cards a year instead of 6. Let the fans enjoy the show FFS.

LOL, casuals ARE NOT the reason why or the ones watching the 50 cards. The literal opposite. But sure, great (non)point.

Back