• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News UFC Implementing "Fan-Voted" Bonuses

So... is this replacing Performance Bonuses overall or in addition to them?

This is a great idea. Crypto.com gets a ton of traffic, fans get to direct some love toward their favorite fighters and it takes a bit of pressure off the UFC fighter pay saga.

Last edited:
Just a different way to incentivize fighters to go for the finish and be exciting. Unfortunately this will backfire and it will end up just being a popularity contest.
I was thinking the same thing.

Sounds great in principle but it seems like there is a chance this follows ppv points most of the time. And I’m not sure that’s where money needs to be distributed.

Or just raise the base pay of UFC fighters to 50k minimum so they can all actually make a descent living while putting their bodies on the line.

Hometown faves gettin' money from losses

<{cuts}><NoneOfMy>

The UFC is making fighters humiliate themselves by begging fans to vote for them as if they are on a reality television show instead of the company just paying fighters a bonus for a finish.

This is shameful.

They are NOT making the fighters do anything.

I sincerely do not get Anti UFC posters like you. You clearly hate everything about the UFC, yet you dedicate a bunch of time to watching the fights they put on and posting on forums. Do you realize how stupid you and others like you come off as? Do you not want to use your time towards something you genuinely enjoy?

The best part of this is that it's not even a legitimate complaint. Fighters being offered alittle more money but you still spin it in a negative light. I wonder what you thought of Dana giving all 9 fighters on the London card bonuses for finishing. That was a nice gesture, didn't have to do that.

Or just raise the base pay of UFC fighters to 50k minimum so they can all actually make a descent living while putting their bodies on the line.

Wonder how you feel about Bellator paying prelim fighters as low as $1.5K/$1.5K. Go bitch about Bellator pay now

They should also let fans make the matchmaking and any type of gimmick type of match we could change it to, from the standard match.

wwe-matches.png

As per ESPN:

The UFC will be debuting new "fan-voted" bonuses at UFC 273. Reportedly, fans will be asked to vote for their "favorite fighter", and the top three fighters will receive bonuses paid in Bitcoin.

The winner of the fan vote will receive a $30,000 bonus paid in Bitcoin

second place will receive a $20,000 bonus paid in Bitcoin

and third place will receive a $10,000 bonus paid in Bitcoin

These bonuses will only be handed out at numbered events (UFC 273, UFC 274 etc)

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/33689220/ufc-implement-fan-voted-bonuses-paid-bitcoin

Now UFC fighters will be forced to humiliate themselves by begging "fans" to vote for them in their post fight interviews. Instead of fighters thanking their training partners and coaches in post-fight interviews they now have to tell fans to go to Crypto.com and vote for them so they can take their kid to the dentist.

Shameful.
Thought you were all for fighters getting better pay TS

So wait fighters are getting paid more but people are mad about this???

This seems like a small step in the right direction

If this earns good publicity. It’s possible that it could cox the company to give out more bonuses like this

This should be something we get behind
Because this doesn’t help the disparity between main event and undercard. It will just become a popularity contest.

This is going to be much like most elections, or voting for anything.... A few people know who/ what there voting for, but many just pick a name they know.

Extra bonuses are a great idea, but ultimately most of these bonuses are just going to main event fighters (the more known). I'm sure your casual fan may not even catch all the fights, the prelims, etc to be able to vote properly

I understand that and...So what?

People are getting paid more. This is a good thing

If this does bet good publicity for Crypto it may influence other sponsors to pay bonuses out directly to fighters. Imagine if on cards there are additional 50k bonuses handed out by Monster or Geico to the fighters. We should get behind this.

This is Sherdog bro of course they were gonna shit on this idea nothing new to see here!

This should be something we get behind
Tying an employee's pay to the whims of random drunk strangers is almost always a terrible idea. Especially when it's, bless out hearts, the mma fan base. That's not even getting into the issue of recency bias or people who don't watch whole cards.
Just a different way to incentivize fighters to go for the finish and be exciting.
If it was, it would just be a straight finish bonus. It ain't that.

It never said this bonus was only for numbered cards. I believe it's for both fight nights and PPVs unless I missed something.

As for matchmaking it could prompt for more popular fighters trying to jump on weak fight nights because that will increase their chance of getting one of these
It's only for PPVs, so 12 a year roughly and sub 1 percent bump to fighter wage share. It's not even a million a year. It's a PR move to whitewash the issue and fans think wow the UFC is balling out for their fighters when the reality is it's barely moving the needle on a systemic issue. It's like a mayor doing the rounds and serving in a homeless kitchen for an afternoon. Sure, it helps a few people but mostly just hot air and PR.

As per ESPN:

The UFC will be debuting new "fan-voted" bonuses at UFC 273. Reportedly, fans will be asked to vote for their "favorite fighter", and the top three fighters will receive bonuses paid in Bitcoin.

The winner of the fan vote will receive a $30,000 bonus paid in Bitcoin

second place will receive a $20,000 bonus paid in Bitcoin

and third place will receive a $10,000 bonus paid in Bitcoin

These bonuses will only be handed out at numbered events (UFC 273, UFC 274 etc)

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/33689220/ufc-implement-fan-voted-bonuses-paid-bitcoin

Now UFC fighters will be forced to humiliate themselves by begging "fans" to vote for them in their post fight interviews. Instead of fighters thanking their training partners and coaches in post-fight interviews they now have to tell fans to go to Crypto.com and vote for them so they can take their kid to the dentist.

Shameful.

I like the idea. But they should pay 50k in cash.

Back