UFC has some of the worst BJJ Black Belts

But you can't be a black belt at MMA grappling because it isn't a thing. So when people are complaining about levels of black belts they're complaining about people they haven't seen roll in a gi without strikes which is what the sport of BJJ is, which is the sport they got the black belt in.

Nobody would question a judo black belt because they had a bad double leg.
You sure they don't deserve a black belt and can't beat the average black belt in jiujitsu ? Any inside information ? I mean Schaub was submiting black belts in training, he said.
It should be east to check, they train mma, so they grapple with black belts.

You sure they don't deserve a black belt and can't beat the average black belt in jiujitsu ? Any inside information ? I mean Schaub was submiting black belts in training, he said.
It should be east to check, they train mma, so they grapple with black belts.

They need to be able to do it in a gi.

Getting top position dominantly is a wrestling specialty. Guard work, sweeps, etc. are money when you can't get decked in the face by the guy on top. Same with leg locks. That's why the modern leg lock game in BJJ is a new phenomenon based on old technique -- because old technique was stiffled in traditional BJJ where you could still get smacked in the face.

I'd argue the few leg lock artists we've seen in MMA have done really well. Palhares, Imanari, Hall. I hope Garry Tonon will continue his MMA career.

With a guard player like Oliveira i think Islam and Arman are the only ones that can stay in his guard. And even then look how careful and defensive Arman was. He only really went for ground and pound in the last seconds of the round and almost paid the price for it.

Lol no belt Matt Hughes submitted jiu jitsu demigod Ricardo Almeida as well. Chris Lytle also no official belt and has submitted numerous guys with “black belts”.
Chris Lytle is a 2nd degree BJJ black belt

Rashad doesn’t “claim” to have a black belt he was literally given a black belt by one of the Gracie’s. Also, there’s very few moves that originated from BJJ. Majority were all taken from Judo, Japanese Jiu Jitsu, and Catch wrestling
Yes, yes I know. I'm saying that I've never seen him ever do anything other then shoot for a takedown or sprawl. Don't get all up in arms lol.

According to their masters they don't. They officially got black belts.

What for. They don't need a gi.

They need a gi to get a rank in BJJ unless it's a 10th planet type system where they rank people without a gi. The reason a lot of guys who are good MMA grapplers aren't BJJ black belts is because they don't train in a gi.

A lot of them will just be avoiding gi because it's very different, but maybe when they retire from MMA they'll focus on gi like Mighty Mouse has at which point they'll get their black belts.

They need a gi to get a rank in BJJ unless it's a 10th planet type system where they rank people without a gi. The reason a lot of guys who are good MMA grapplers aren't BJJ black belts is because they don't train in a gi.

A lot of them will just be avoiding gi because it's very different, but maybe when they retire from MMA they'll focus on gi like Mighty Mouse has at which point they'll get their black belts.
So gi is irrelevant to mma.

Sure, but it's the most relevant thing to being a BJJ black belt which is what this thread is about.
Not anymore they got it of their no gi and mma grappling accolades.

Are you gon a tell Glover his black belts aren't legit ?

Do you make the rules.

No gi is also called jiujitsu. Or what is it called.

getting beat up on the ground in MMA by other people trained in BJJ hardly means you're a bad BJJ person.

and like the first reply said, relative to who... lol. to the BJJ blackbelts in boxing? Tae Kwon Doe? Rugby?

Not anymore they got it of their no gi and mma grappling accolades.

Are you gon a tell Glover his black belts aren't legit ?

Do you make the rules.

No gi is also called jiujitsu. Or what is it called.

How do you know Alex doesn't do a bit of gi? Lots of MMA fighters train in a gi.

When it comes to pure technique, positional mastery and submission prowess, there's countless black belts who are levels above MM.

That doesn't mean he couldn't smoke them in a grappling match. On some level, it definitely should be about effectiveness in real scenarios.

But I guess there's arguments on both sides. In the purest sense, a black belt probably should have a standard in regards to technical competency.

I doubt MM would be a black belt at a higher level school because there's simply a higher standard of what Is expected, even if he might be able to crush a few tournaments.

Truth probably lies somewhere in the middle, but I'd probably lean in the direction of how the best schools would approach awarding belts and deservedness, since they're the ones leading ship and leveling up the game.
Mighty Mouse is winning golds at IBJJF competitions at 154lbs, then afterwards for shits and giggles randomly getting IBJJF silvers in absolute divisions where he's grappling against 250lb guys.

You're literally the keyboard warrior I was talking about who wants to believe these guys aren't going to be good grapplers after grappling twice a day for 20 years.

Chris Lytle is a 2nd degree BJJ black belt

No he’s not. From Lytle himself:

“People ask me all the time who I’m a black belt under. I’m not. I don’t even own a gi. I told the UFC, but they keep sayin’ it. What can I do? I told ‘em.”

no one here believes poatan is a blackbelt
even gane who has submission wins is in a lower tier belt

Back