UFC has become as corrupt as boxing with the robberies

LOL

not even fucking close.

you embarass yourself with these statements

I dont think you understand that the UFC doesnt hire the judges. Athletic commissions do.
The UFC pays the Athletic commission.

Not every state is Nevada/Cali/NY making BIG bucks... The UFC taking a Jon Jones fight to Houston is a pretty big deal for them, and a big money-making event.

On top of that, the UFC self-regulates for overseas events right? especially in non-sanctioned places. Doesn't that mean that they literally hire the refs and judges?

The UFC pays the Athletic commission.

Not every state is Nevada/Cali/NY making BIG bucks... The UFC taking a Jon Jones fight to Houston is a pretty big deal for them, and a big money-making event.

On top of that, the UFC self-regulates for overseas events right? especially in non-sanctioned places. Doesn't that mean that they literally hire the refs and judges?

Yes they do that in China.

But wait it gets more shady.

Brazil has its own commission but the UFC flew in some, not all, of its own judges for UFC 237.

Don't fight favored fighters to a decision and you won't get fucked.

Also the UFC supposedly legally changed what it does from a "sport" to "entertainment" so they can never be successfully brought to task if it ever comes out that certain matches are a work.

I dont think you understand that the UFC doesnt hire the judges. Athletic commissions do.

Even if somehow, this was one big conspiracy by the UFC, they probably wouldn't take kindly to rogaine publicly asking for a judge to be fired over last night.

Sometimes things are as simple as stupid people making bad calls on a very close fight.

State judges want the tourism revenue that comes with hosting more major UFC events in the future, they know who is supposed to win to keep UFC coming back

If they couldnt tell the names of who they were judging, the outcome would have been different

Jones is slowly becoming the Canelo of MMA, both win questionable decisions and get away with being drug cheats

Canelo actually challenges himself though.

We will never see Jones move up to heavyweight.

How are the judges suppose to make everyone happy when the fans are all over the place with their opinions? Close fights will always happen and no judge is going to change that.

How are the judges suppose to make everyone happy when the fans are all over the place with their opinions? Close fights will always happen and no judge is going to change that.
This. All depends on what you like the most, personally. Some judges are looking for consistent generalship if all else is nearly equal.
Some judges love an educated jab, yet don't consider leg kicks to be of much worth.
Some judges see a takedown in a close rd and give the rd. to the one who landed the takedown.
Some watch for quality defensive prowess, while others may consider big, heavy hooks and violent blitzes to be worth more than all other forms of offense combined. If they rate damage as the be all end all variable, they'll likely not even acknowledge the other guy's defensive skills, and that's just the nature of judging a prizefight.

I get that fans want some sense of accountability when they don't like a decision, but that's the way its officiated.

Watch a card with 4 friends, and you'd see how rarely anyone actually scores it identically, even as a group of friends.

There are many ways to interpret a single rd. of prizefighting.

Jon Jones has that canelo style judgements he just needs the canelo money now

This. All depends on what you like the most, personally. Some judges are looking for consistent generalship if all else is nearly equal.
Some judges love an educated jab, yet don't consider leg kicks to be of much worth.
Some judges see a takedown in a close rd and give the rd. to the one who landed the takedown.
Some watch for quality defensive prowess, while others may consider big, heavy hooks and violent blitzes to be worth more than all other forms of offense combined. If they rate damage as the be all end all variable, they'll likely not even acknowledge the other guy's defensive skills, and that's just the nature of judging a prizefight.

I get that fans want some sense of accountability when they don't like a decision, but that's the way its officiated.

Watch a card with 4 friends, and you'd see how rarely anyone actually scores it identically, even as a group of friends.

There are many ways to interpret a single rd. of prizefighting.
Most of the judges aren't elite fighters and wouldn't know what a Philly shell was if you showed it to them. Hell most elite fighters don't understand defensive concepts at all. Not their fault. Defense is developed and honed, most of the time, in the tail end of a fighter's career. Let alone be able to tell if a fighter slipped or rolled punches.

I couldn't until you slowed down the tape and watched what I previously thought as flush hits with no effect actually had been slipped and rolled to a point of having no effect in and of themselves but accumulatively tiny marks appeared on the face from being touched so many times. Good accuracy by the opponent but much better timing and defense by the one doing the slipping and rolling which they repeated over and over. Those small movements making them incredibly efficient but it kept seeming like every punch landed flush or just touched but had no effect.

Virtually none of the judges on staff could judge an elite fighter because they don't know what they are looking at and aren't allowed to review tape except in exceedingly rare circumstances where the fight is stopped.

It's the same story in boxing and the judges are boxing judges. Did they suddenly stop being corrupt because they aren't judging boxing? Is there no money to be made or is the argument that the money isn't there. ESPN paying hundreds of millions to the UFC would disagree.

This isn't a bug but a feature. They want a certain amount of this so corruption can be explained away when you see it.

Most of the judges aren't elite fighters and wouldn't know what a Philly shell was if you showed it to them. Hell most elite fighters don't understand defensive concepts at all. Not their fault. Defense is developed and honed, most of the time, in the tail end of a fighter's career. Let alone be able to tell if a fighter slipped or rolled punches.

I couldn't until you slowed down the tape and watched what I previously thought as flush hits with no effect actually had been slipped and rolled to a point of having no effect in and of themselves but accumulatively tiny marks appeared on the face from being touched so many times. Good accuracy by the opponent but much better timing and defense by the one doing the slipping and rolling which they repeated over and over. Those small movements making them incredibly efficient but it kept seeming like every punch landed flush or just touched but had no effect.

Virtually none of the judges on staff could judge an elite fighter because they don't know what they are looking at and aren't allowed to review tape except in exceedingly rare circumstances where the fight is stopped.

It's the same story in boxing and the judges are boxing judges. Did they suddenly stop being corrupt because they aren't judging boxing? Is there no money to be made or is the argument that the money isn't there. ESPN paying hundreds of millions to the UFC would disagree.

This isn't a bug but a feature. They want a certain amount of this so corruption can be explained away when you see it.
I wouldn't even say it's a loophole for corruption.
We're human. Judges sit in one fixed place and score a bout. It's not that surprising that we see varied scorecards.

People say the judges are frauds and corrupt, but I was on sherdog play by play during the entire fight and the scores were all over the place, Many people had it 3-2 for Jones, Many had it 3-2 for Reyes and Many had it a Draw.

Its just humans and subjective, its soooooooooo subjective. when its so close like this its very subjective.

People say the judges are frauds and corrupt, but I was on sherdog play by play during the entire fight and the scores were all over the place, Many people had it 3-2 for Jones, Many had it 3-2 for Reyes and Many had it a Draw.

Its just humans and subjective, its soooooooooo subjective. when its so close like this its very subjective.
Exactly. There's so much to mma and no one could always score it perfectly.

That's why they have 3 of them. Most "robberies" are just extremely close fights that are tougher to assess effectively.

I wouldn't even say it's a loophole for corruption.
We're human. Judges sit in one fixed place and score a bout. It's not that surprising that we see varied scorecards.
Except it has been used as a way to explain away corruption in boxing many times, see GGG vs Canelo 1 and again it's the same people involved. Why would they suddenly behave differently. The only difference is the promotion paying.

This is doing fighters a disservice and fans will eventually stop watching. It's happened to boxing multiple times and it took them decades to climb out of the gutter. They are well on their way back into it.

Exactly. There's so much to mma and no one could always score it perfectly.

That's why they have 3 of them. Most "robberies" are just extremely close fights that are tougher to assess effectively.
Very true brother, I agree. A robbery is when one guy totally dominates every second on the fight and the judges give it too the other guy, like lets take Jones vs Rashad for just a example.. if judges said Rashad won that fight, it would be a legit robbery

But when fights are so close like Jones vs Reyes then there is no robbery in my opinion.. its just very subjective. Its all a matter of opinion, if we are wrong then why did everyone have different opinions in the sherdog play by play thread? I saw all sorts of scores.. many people thought it was a draw, including my dad.

Except it has been used as a way to explain away corruption in boxing many times, see GGG vs Canelo 1 and again it's the same people involved. Why would they suddenly behave differently. The only difference is the promotion paying.

This is doing fighters a disservice and fans will eventually stop watching. It's happened to boxing multiple times and it took them decades to climb out of the gutter. They are well on their way back under it.
Nah it'll be just fine. Boxing has survived it all, defined much of the 20th century due to the relationship between sports and American culture. But that's another convo entirely.

You're heart is in the right place for wanting the fighters to get a fair shake. That'd be an amazing standard to aspire to. But if you are of the opinion that corruption is their goal and they disguise it as bad officiating, I have to politely disagree with you.

They're not malicious or anything, they're only human.

Very true brother, I agree. A robbery is when one guy totally dominates every second on the fight and the judges give it too the other guy, like lets take Jones vs Rashad for just a example.. if judges said Rashad won that fight, it would be a legit robbery

But when fights are so close like Jones vs Reyes then there is no robbery in my opinion.. its just very subjective. Its all a matter of opinion, if we are wrong then why did everyone have different opinions in the sherdog play by play thread? I saw all sorts of scores.. many people thought it was a draw, including my dad.
And it was a fantastic scrap. That part is getting overlooked while everyone's trippin lol

Nah it'll be just fine. Boxing has survived it all, defined much of the 20th century due to the relationship between sports and American culture. But that's another convo entirely.

You're heart is in the right place for wanting the fighters to get a fair shake. That'd be an amazing standard to aspire to. But if you are of the opinion that corruption is their goal and they disguise it as bad officiating, I have to politely disagree with you.

They're not malicious or anything, they're only human.
You're wrong.

You're wrong.

Teddy atlas is a legend. A burnt out, jaded legend.

All good, ppl see what they see and I respect his insight but that "bitter before I even wake up" thing is not for me.

Cheers, sherbro.

Back